About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Craft exchange

Introducing the Craft Exchange Board
Board: Craft exchange
Jul 26, 2009 5:00pm
Introducing The Craft Exchange!

How many of you crafters have either an excess of finished projects or leftover crafting supplies that you don't know what to do with? We all need to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle right? Well, how about having fun and getting some stuff you want while you're at it?

That's what the Craft Exchange is all about. Here you can post notices and corresponding pictures of your marvelous creations that you don't really need or want (some of us just enjoy the process right?) and if someone likes what they see, they can contact you with a trade offer. You'll then have the choice to either accept or decline that offer or make a counteroffer perhaps. If you're a charitable soul, feel free to list your goods as a free giveaway. However, there will NO selling of items-this is trade or give away only!
If you're interested in trading for an item, post a response on the boards or contact that particular crafter through AQ mail.

I originally started this craft exchange as a blog but it didn't work so well considering that nobody could post their own pictures. I then realized that pugnasties had already set up this wonderful group on Atlas Quest. Please check out the other sub-boards for some great letterboxing and crafting supplies. Several successful trades have already occurred.
Jewelry to Trade!
Jul 26, 2009 5:08pm
Thread
I'll be posting some more jewelry in a week or so but will start out with what was on the blog. I have 2 sets of 4 Italian Charm Superlinks with my original photography. I'm an amateur photographer and experimented with reducing my pictures to make jewelry out of. The first thing I tried was Italian charm superlinks. These pictures of flowers were resized and then glued onto the charm; a clear glaze was applied afterwards to make it glossy.

These charms will snap onto the standard small size Italian charms-you just have to run two rows of the small charms. The final result looks pretty cool and you can get a lot of charms onto a two-strand bracelet. These pictures aren't terribly clear unfortunately but the charms contain pictures of various kinds of flowers (all taken by me at Biltmore Estate).

I have 2 sets of 4 charms available for trade. A picture has been posted in the Photo Gallery titled Craft Exchange.
Re: Jewelry to Trade!
Reply to: #420217 by Hazel and Fiver
Jul 26, 2009 5:10pm
Thread
Here is the link to the photo gallery. It's a public folder so I'm hoping everyone can add in their own pictures of items they wish to trade. Let me know if it doesn't work though.

http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=1865
crochet patterns
Nov 13, 2014 7:45am
Can anybody let me know if there are any websites out there where I can upload an image and have it converted into WRITTEN crochet instructions...the letter and number codes and whatnot....

Simple images, of course....

Thanks for any leads!!