A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Stamp Swap

Re: Stamps needed for A Stranger Things theme plants in an event
Board: Stamp Swap
Reply to: #975772 by Captain Slick Kitty
Jun 2, 2019 9:35pm
Thread
I will take the demogorgon if it is still available.

Jeff
Stamps needed for mini event
Jun 19, 2019 4:09pm
Thread
Hello my fellow letterboxes!! I am in need of some stamps for a mini event in the works for the middle of July (yes, next month). There is no theme to the event and the stamps can be of anything at all. I don't care about the size either -- I will accept anything. If you have a retired stamp or old P.T. just lying around, I can use it!! My goal is to have at least 1 stamp from every state. If you can help me out with a stamp or two or know someone who can, please email me the details. All stamps will be promptly returned unless you would like them planted here in South-Central Ohio. Thanks everyone!!

Christy of p-pack
Re: Stamps needed for mini event
Reply to: #976464 by p pack
Jun 19, 2019 4:26pm
Thread
I have four stamps you can have for keeps. Let me know how many you want!

Warrior Woman
sharing from RI
Jun 20, 2019 12:26pm
Thread
I'll check my stash.
Jun 20, 2019 12:43pm
Thread
I see on your event page to bring black ink. The stamps I am sending should be inked up in color.
Reply to: #976483 by Teacup
Jun 20, 2019 3:19pm
Thread
That's not a problem. I plan on providing colored inks as needed.
Reply to: #976481 by SeerMeesh
Jun 20, 2019 3:21pm
Thread
Great!! Thanks!!
Jun 20, 2019 4:48pm
Thread
Send me your address and I can get a few to you. Really no theme?
Reply to: #976492 by greenmountainhiker
Jun 20, 2019 6:21pm
Thread
Oh p pack, if you get a greenmountainhiker stamp, you will be more than pleased, amazing carves!

Warrior Woman
knows stuff
Jun 21, 2019 4:17am
Thread
Has anyone sent you a stamp from Illinois yet? I am working on getting ready for the Homerdoodle event in Illinois but I can carve a stamp for you so Illinois is represented. Please let me know. :)
Reply to: #976513 by TeachJR
Jun 21, 2019 9:27am
Thread
You have mail. :)
Reply to: #976490 by p pack
Jun 21, 2019 9:32am
Thread
Just let me know so I can mark Wisconsin off my list.
So far I have commitments from Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, Rhode Island and Vermont.
I've got a long way to go.
Jun 21, 2019 9:38am
Thread
Hi p pack,

Have you thought about posting on the Stamp Exchange board? It seems as if that is where most people requesting stamps for events post. You may want to try that also to get a few more stamps from other locations.
Reply to: #976525 by p pack
Jun 21, 2019 4:19pm
Thread
There are 3 Wisconsin stamps coming in the package from RI - all carved by LauRN, only one carved by me from RI.

Warrior Woman
to clarify
Reply to: #976534 by Warrior Woman
Jun 21, 2019 5:04pm
Thread
Wow!!! Thanks so much!!
Jun 22, 2019 2:58pm
Thread
I'll send you a pm! I don't know what to do with half my stamps.

coldsnap
Disney Frozen-themed stamps
Jun 22, 2019 5:41pm
Thread
Hi - is anyone willing to loan me 5-10 Frozen-themed stamps for use this fall, please? PM me, if so, please.
Re: Disney Frozen-themed stamps
Reply to: #976562 by paper trail
Jun 22, 2019 7:57pm
Thread
Makes me wonder what ever happened to my snow monster stamp....
Dozier School for Boys
Jul 17, 2019 3:42pm
Thread
Get a hanky ready and read up:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article231763513.html

There are zillions of other articles online; just do a Google search for "Dozier School for Boys".

To summarize: The Dozier School for Boys was where boys were sent when somebody didn't want to deal with them any more, and a great many of them were brutally murdered and never heard from again. Over the past few years, the official cemetery there was dug up and the remains studied to try to identify the lost children. Now it appears there may be more gravesites hidden elsewhere around the property, so another investigation is soon to begin.

The site is in Marianna, Florida. This is a couple of hours' drive from me, and it'd probably be a lousy place to plant anyway since there is an investigation going on. However, the remains that were exhumed during the first investigation have now been reinterred in a cemetery in Tallahassee -- just down the road from me! We drive past that cemetery regularly.

I have no idea what sort of stamp image would be appropriate, if any. If anyone has any ideas, let's talk about it. Perhaps someone can carve something suitably respectful and send it to me, and I can plant it.

When and if the investigations end for good, we can talk about planting something at the site in Marianna. It's a drive for me, but I'm still perhaps the closest active letterboxer.
Re: Dozier School for Boys
Reply to: #977382 by Kirbert
Jul 17, 2019 6:00pm
Thread
That's really tragic and so sad. The only thing that came to mind immediately was the little poem we used to say as kids, a LONG time ago - "little boys are made of nails, and snails, and puppy dog tails". I know such gender-specific cliches are no longer considered 'politically correct'. But I still think some things traditionally associated with little boys would be a sweet and respectful tribute to the childhood they missed out on. I'm thinking a bicycle, a basketball or baseball & bat, a dog, a fishing pole (with a fish held up by a little boy) and so on, give them the innocent joys of days long ago, that they never got to experience.
Reply to: #977383 by Wise Wanderer
Jul 18, 2019 5:35am
Thread
My thoughts were similar - focus on what these lives that were cut short could have contained if these boys were only given a chance. When you have settled on a theme I would be happy to contribute - I may be in CT, but have followed the story for a number of years.

LL
Reply to: #977382 by Kirbert
Jul 18, 2019 7:54am
Thread
Peter Pan and the Lost Boys came to mind.

What a sad story. :(
Looking for Myth and Legend stamps
Aug 10, 2019 3:04pm
The theme for the Fourth Annual Letterboxers Egg Hunt is Myth and Legend! Any and all stamps that fit into that category are welcome.

I have set up this tracker to keep track of donations. All stamps will be returned to their owners after the event. I'd like to get all the stamps in by March 15 2020.

Thank you for your consideration!

Warrior Woman
PO Box 36
Clayville, RI 02815
12 Carvers needed
Aug 11, 2019 4:12am
Thread
Looking for 12 different carvers to carve only one of the following images, please?
church
donut/coffee shop-phynstar
school-Daytrippers 54
ice cream shop-SeerMeesh
grocery store
fire department
barber shop
fast food place
police station
library
bank
cemetery-Basset Mom
Message me with the ONE you are interested in and I will make the notation. I would need them by October 26. After sharing them here in Maine, they will find new homes. Thank you for your help!!
Re: 12 Carvers needed
Reply to: #978242 by Teacup
Aug 11, 2019 8:30am
Thread
Do you have set images? Are they buildings or representations of?
Re: 12 Carvers needed
Reply to: #978258 by SeerMeesh
Aug 11, 2019 9:36am
Thread
However you would like to do it. No preconceived notions of what the carver would like to create. For example, for fast food place-a McDonald's or Burger King logo would be fine or any thing that represents fast food for you would be great. Let yourself go!
Food stamps
Aug 12, 2019 11:41am
Looking for food stamps for our event in November. Can be any size any food and can have the stamp design around the edge. Just let us know what you want to Carve

Happydaze
Seeking carvers for Year in Review Event
Aug 30, 2019 4:56am
Hi all - We're almost three quarters of the way through 2019, and this is the time I start thinking of the Year in Review event over the New Year Weekend.

We love having stamps come from all different carvers! So if you are able, we would appreciate the help.

Here are the Trackers for the event:
In Memoriam 2019
2019 News and Current Events
2019 Pop Culture, Trends and Entertainment
Sports 2019
My 2019

Stamps for this event will not be returned, instead they will be transitioned into a Time Capsule Event Box that can travel to events if requested.

Thanks for any help!
Jiffy
Presents? Gifts?
Oct 1, 2019 6:35am
Thread
We need some carves or wrapped presents for our Christmas event. Does anybody have any that you no longer need, or would anybody be willing to carve one or a few? 😃 Thank you for reading.
Re: Presents? Gifts?
Reply to: #979908 by RDHG
Oct 2, 2019 3:44pm
Thread
do you mean carves OF wrapped presents? I could do that...