A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Cats in General

Re: Zoe the WonderCat!
Board: Cats in General
Reply to: #581946 by Misplaced Manatee
Jan 28, 2011 4:53pm
Thread
Hugs, Yvonne!!! I've said it many times, I will lose my sh*t when either of my cats pass away. The bond with a pet is just like that with a family member, but sometimes it can even be deeper. They're just little loving beings (for the most part). I hope she passes quickly and without pain, so it's not a long, drawn-out thing for you. It's so hard losing a pet! :(

-gollygee
TV!
Feb 26, 2011 4:17pm
Thread
The other day we were just sitting around when all of a sudden one of are cats walked in, sat down, and started watching TV! Does anyone else's cat do that???
Re: TV!
Reply to: #588650 by Terracruisers
Feb 26, 2011 5:45pm
Thread
When I had a cat, I had an aquarium VHS tape that I would play for her. She loved to watch it!

-Amanda from Seattle
Feb 26, 2011 6:22pm
Thread
Yes, my cat Nikita watches TV with us all the time! :D

-gollygee
Feb 28, 2011 4:46am
Thread
I have one cat who loves anything on TV with a lot of movement. She enjoys food network programming, ice skating is her favorite. Her best moment, however, was during the last summer Olympics. The trampoline event was on, and she just loved the up and down motion. She reached out to the TV to try to catch it - and the person fell! My cat messed up somebody's Olympic dream.
Reply to: #588921 by TrailTroll
Feb 28, 2011 7:12am
Thread
Have any of you bought the DVDs made for cats? My parents have one and it features scenes with birds, mice, bugs, and fish. I borrowed it from them when my cats were kittens and I nearly died over how cute they were with it! I have pictures of the two of them sitting on a stool in front of the TV, totally enraptured by the video, jumping up to attack things, falling off the stool as they did. SO adorable!!! I should borrow it again now that they're almost 7 years old. I bet they'd still really enjoy it! :)

-gollygee
Aw!
Jul 21, 2011 12:08pm
Thread
From today on my Page-A-Day cat calendar:

"English author and artist Edward Lear was devoted to his tabby Foss (the model for his drawings in 'The Owl and the Pussy-Cat'). Whe he decided to move to Italy, Lear instructed his architect to design a replica of his old home in England so Foss would not be distressed by the change."

KuKu
Re: Aw!
Reply to: #623442 by KuKu
Jul 21, 2011 4:08pm
Thread
Yeah, he just didnt want Foss to pee on his new carpet! Terrio--who doesnt have a stitch of carpet in her house!
Re: Aw!
Reply to: #623442 by KuKu
Jul 22, 2011 5:06pm
Thread
Ya always learn something new on AQ

deniserows
while learning
Poll time...
Aug 8, 2011 5:23pm
Thread
How many cats puts me in "crazy cat lady" territory?
Re: Poll time...
Reply to: #628637 by BfloAnonChick
Aug 8, 2011 7:47pm
Thread
Aug 8, 2011 11:23pm
Thread
It depends how you describe a crazy cat lady. I only have two and I'm pretty sure I qualify, based on how obsessed I am with them. :D Heck, I might be a crazy rabbit lady too and I only have one of those! :D

-gollygee
Aug 9, 2011 3:30am
Thread
It's not as much a number, it's how well you obey them! :)
Aug 9, 2011 4:55am
Thread
5 plus

ES
Zoe the WonderCat!
Oct 16, 2011 3:47pm
Thread
Well guys...it happened...Zoe is gone! I am heartbroken! I knew it was coming. Our Vet said she wasn't in pain...thank goodness. So everybody give your kittys a extra hug from me!
Reply to: #647736 by Misplaced Manatee
Oct 16, 2011 5:38pm
Thread
Awww, so sorry!!!
Oct 16, 2011 6:43pm
Thread
Will do. I once told Salem If he dies on me I will kill him. This was after we had to put Tiger down.
Oct 16, 2011 7:09pm
Thread
Oh no Yvonne!!! :( So I'm assuming you found her somewhere? Hugs!!!

-gollygee
Reply to: #647788 by gollygee
Oct 17, 2011 5:45am
Thread
yea.... not a great memory :(
Oct 17, 2011 8:30am
Thread
big hugs from me and the cat

deniserows
with Milpol Kitty
Good Samaritan
May 2, 2013 6:46am
Thread
This nice man saved a cat he found who had been shot, and instead of euthanizing the poor guy, he paid for surgery and now is taking care of it while searching for the culprit. It's a potentially sad story with a happy ending. Watch the video- I totally love this guy and the kitty is doing great learning to walk with just 3 legs.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20130502/NEWS/105029839/1246
Re: Good Samaritan
Reply to: #773680 by Epicus Ratticus
May 2, 2013 7:03am
Thread
The world needs more people like Mr. Knott!
Re: Good Samaritan
Reply to: #773680 by Epicus Ratticus
May 2, 2013 10:11am
Thread
I hate that some people think it's ok - even fun- to harm animals. Kudos to that man for making the morally sound choice, since he could afford to do so.
Help with naming a new kitten needed.
Oct 6, 2015 5:01pm
Thread
We are adopting a orange tabby kitten and we need to have a name by next weekend for her paperwork. We really need suggestions as I have a really hard time deciding on pet names. Right now she is only 6wks old and doesn't really have a stand out personality. We have been visiting her at the shelter each week and she seems to be the shy, cautious one. Any help appreciated!
Re: Help with naming a new kitten needed.
Reply to: #911063 by yellowzebra
Oct 6, 2015 5:30pm
Thread
You sound like a very kind person so I think she is "Lucky."
Reply to: #911065 by Rosmarinus
Oct 6, 2015 7:29pm
Thread
Generally, cat names should have two syllables and end in an "e" sound, Lily, Smokey, Honey, Baby, Kitty, Molly, Charlie, etc etc.....this makes it easy for the cat to understand....repetitious names are also good. LeeLee, Mimi, BeeBee stuff like that

http://www.catster.com/cat-names/

My cat was named Roberta, but I had to call her BertBert and she would answer to that, not Roberta.

-Amanda from Seattle
Reply to: #911073 by Amanda from Seattle
Oct 6, 2015 7:38pm
Thread
I always thought I would name an Orange kitty, Pumpkin.....and considering that you are getting her in October, this might be cute. Any name you choose, you need to try it out a bit, calling the name in the house, does it feel stupid to you? too cutesy? awkward? Would you prefer a more People name, like Lucy, Nancy or Betty? Or something that goes with her coloring? like Pumpkin or Goldie? Buttercup? Penny or Polly, Ruby, Rusty or Sandy?

-Amanda from Seattle
Oct 7, 2015 3:11am
Thread
I don't think you need to be in a hurry to pick a name. All of my cats have been "baby girl" or "sweetie" for a week or two until a name suggested itself. Part of the reason is that my sister and I can never agree on a good name, but if you wait for the right name, you'll be happy with it for her whole life.

That being said, I think "Pumpkin" is a great choice!
Reply to: #911073 by Amanda from Seattle
Oct 7, 2015 4:02am
Thread
None of my cats' names have conformed to this (Tigger, Satine, Peake and Spot), but they've always come when I call them.

Name your cat whatever you want. :-)
Oct 7, 2015 5:32pm
Thread
kitty

deniserows
no sense of creative