A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: Off Topic, Wildly

Re: stamp-collecting
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #984899 by sojourner
Mar 26, 2020 11:25am
Thread
Me! If they are pre selfstick. Sending you aq mail.
Re: And yet, another rabbit
Reply to: #984896 by DM Scuba Brat
Mar 26, 2020 2:06pm
Thread
R u in Michigan by chance?
Re: And yet, another rabbit
Reply to: #984907 by Cross Family
Mar 27, 2020 9:03am
Thread
Nope. Florida.
Re: Working from Home??
Reply to: #984786 by Public Hand
Mar 28, 2020 8:42am
Thread
After 2 weeks of stay-at-home, MLW decided to revisit several of her past hobbies and is now knitting something for me. She says it's a scarf and she wants to know my neck size. I can't wait to see it!

Old Blue
Reply to: #984980 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Mar 28, 2020 8:57am
Thread
She says it's a scarf and she wants to know my neck size.

Ask for one of these.
Reply to: #984982 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 28, 2020 10:17am
Thread
Ask for one of these.

While I know it was a funny, but if I was stuck at home for this (I'm not, still reporting for work), I'd try to teach myself to crochet because I want this hat in the worst way.

https://moralefiber.blog/2017/11/25/krampus-hat-pattern/
Reply to: #984736 by Munkeybee
Mar 28, 2020 5:15pm
Thread
have had many game nights

What games do you like?

I like The Reckoners, Horrified, Small World, Mansions of Madness, Near and Far

KuKu
Reply to: #984732 by IrishRef
Mar 28, 2020 6:01pm
Thread
unexpected issues while trying to work from home

Quickly turning my laptop with webcamera away during a video conference chat with my boss and a co-worker because my guy decided to try come up from behind me to kiss me while in his boxer briefs.
Reply to: #985010 by koalacat
Mar 29, 2020 12:48am
Thread
Coulda been worse. Coulda been without the boxer briefs!
Reply to: #985020 by Kirbert
Mar 29, 2020 9:07am
Thread
Coulda been worse. Coulda been without the boxer briefs!

I read your comment to him. He responded, "Why does it got to be worse?"
Did you know....
Mar 31, 2020 10:11am
that today is National Crayon Day! Staples has 52 suggestions on 'how to entertain/keep kids coloring' on their site today. Hope all are keeping well.
Circus Science for Kids Today at 2:00 EST
Apr 1, 2020 8:20am
Thread
It may be April 1st, but this is no joke! Our dear, old friends know a thing or two about circus arts and education, and Circus Greg has offered to do a Circus Science class for us at no charge! Yes, the class is TODAY, and, yes, it is short notice. Let us be honest, though. Where are you going to be? 😉

Do you have an elementary school or middle school child? Circus Greg's Circus Science class will start at 2:00 PM EST and will last about half an hour on Zoom. If you would like to learn more about this impressively talented man, feel free to look at https://www.circusgreg.com/about-greg.html

Since this is sort of short notice, please be sure to respond ASAP. Thank you!
Re: Circus Science for Kids Today at 2:00 EST
Reply to: #985191 by RDHG
Apr 1, 2020 10:12am
Thread
Could he record and post for all to use later? Hope he doesn't get zoombombed.
Reply to: #985203 by IrishRef
Apr 1, 2020 10:17am
Thread
He will not get Zoombombed. Haha. As I am hosting, I am only giving the link to people who contact me. 😉
Reply to: #985205 by RDHG
Apr 1, 2020 10:47am
Thread
I would like to see it but have a work conference from 2-3
Some Folks Just Cannot Get the Hang of Working from Home
Apr 2, 2020 1:23pm
Thread
Re: Some Folks Just Cannot Get the Hang of Working from Home
Reply to: #985278 by RDHG
Apr 2, 2020 2:19pm
Thread
Oh, now that was FUNNY!!

KuKu
Re: Some Folks Just Cannot Get the Hang of Working from Home
Reply to: #985278 by RDHG
Apr 2, 2020 9:54pm
Thread
Had to watch over and over .loved the eyes on the guy on the bottom left. So so funny. Thanks
Make a Mask or 10
Apr 3, 2020 10:36am
Thread
I'm a statistics kinda guy. I typically don't buy into most conclusions unless I can read the study and see the data. I was interested in see covid-19 curves for several states, the US and a couple of foreign countries. The single most important starting point is the reliability of the data, but in the US we have ALMOST NO RELIABLE DATA. Here's why: We lack the ability to do tests. In California, New York and elsewhere if you think you are sick, they tell you to self-isolate and let them know if you get really sick. If you think you've been exposed, they tell you that you need to stay home. If you are actually sick and they want to test you, it will be 2 - 10 days (read one to two weeks) for results. This doesn't even address how contagious this virus is and that you can catch it quite easily from someone who shows no symptoms.

All of the predictions that are based on "proven" cases are completely useless. There is one stat that has accurate data, this being the number of deaths. But it is a lagging statistic and is not much use while trying to look into the future. In my mind, the only reasonable way to see "where we are" is to compare what the US is doing to what other countries have done. On this front we are doing poor to fair. The fact that many states have allowed decisions to be made at the county level is outrageous. County officials cannot be given authority to make policy that affects the entire country.

We all should be wearing masks... not medical quality masks, but ones that reduce the chance of us spreading the virus to someone else. There are patterns on-line that don't even require sewing. They are washable/ reusable. If you have to, use a bandana to cover your nose and mouth! Look at South Korea, their case numbers have dropped off to a very modest rate. As soon as the virus struck South Korea, the population started wearing mask. Basically, no one there goes out without a mask. They also had testing capabilities on hand as a matter of national security.

This morning, I watched Gov. Cuomo’s news conference and his medical guy said we don't know if face masks work and should only be worn by those who are sick and health care workers. REALLY!!? That's 2 strikes, one more and you are fired! OK smart guy, tell me who is INFECTED and who is not? The answer is, we only know who has tested positive and we don't have a clue as to who else is contagious (YES I'm yelling!) Cuomo had to restate his doctor's comments to clarify this and he did a very good job.

1. Everyone who is still working in the public should be wearing a mask, so if they are contagious and asymptomatic, they don't give it to someone else. Everyone who is out shopping should also wear a mask.

2. And what about our law enforcement officers and emergency response people? They too need masks.

Be safe, be smart, self-isolate and go letterboxing,
Old Blue
who's lucky cause he can box with his honey
Re: Make a Mask or 10
Reply to: #985311 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Apr 3, 2020 12:54pm
Thread
Yes! Exactly to all of it! Clearly masks don't work at all and all our medical folks wear them because they are stylish and provide psychological comfort. Snort. (Though, to be fair, some of them are becoming infected anyway; but I wonder if that is because they are unaccustomed to the kind of intense protocol needed for strains that are more virulent than they are accustomed to, if they aren't using them properly, or if they are just fatigued and are slipping up.) And dismantling the White House office that was supposed to prepare for pandemics has proven to be oh-so-predictably short-sighted.
Reply to: #985311 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Apr 4, 2020 9:48pm
Thread
The numbers can be scary, but the numbers that we don't know are even scarier. I really wish we had more diagnostic kits available to do more efficient testing/screening, so that we could have a better understanding of the whole picture.

Meanwhile, we are definitely on board with making cloth face masks. This week, I raided our fabric stash and started making some for our family. We have joked that these will be the new fashion accessory of the 2020s.

https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.php?photoId=149047

Keep Safe and Rock that Face Mask!
Reply to: #985381 by Nature Hikers
Apr 4, 2020 11:46pm
Thread
Yep, been making masks for family and friends this weekend. &J helped with ironing the washed fabric and cutting craft cord for ties.

I never knew that my very basic sewing skills could come in so handy.

My fabric stash yielded some old UCLA and USC prints, so a bunch of us can still show off our school spirit!

Stay safe,
J
Reply to: #985382 by JampersandJ
Apr 5, 2020 9:12am
Thread
Yep, been making masks for family and friends this weekend.

Good for you, DoubleSaj has made about 60 masks & given them to family, friends, neighbors, Odd Fellows brothers & sisters, etc.

I won't do another rant, will just say I don't tolerate stupid or lying well... breathing deep and watching classic SF Giants games.

Old Blue
let it go, John, let it go
Reply to: #985398 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Apr 5, 2020 7:45pm
Thread
Just within the last 1-2 days our neighboring Riverside County stated that all residents are to wear face coverings when outside - it’s not an option and I think also anyplace that is not your own residence, and they’ve added more restrictions on top of that.

Stay safe,