About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Off Topic, Wildly

Red Fox
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Aug 13, 2019 9:24pm
Thread
Tonight, on my way home in the dark, a red fox ran across the road in front of me. I have never seen one around home before, and this one was less than two miles from my home.

I am celebrating one of the little joys in life.
Re: Red Fox
Reply to: #978336 by Oberon_Kenobi
Aug 13, 2019 10:13pm
Thread
A couple of weeks ago, we had a fox run across the road in front of us -- five times in a row! Seemed every evening as we came home, he'd dash out of the bushes and cross the road in front of us. Then we'd roll down the window and talk to him while he sat 10 yards away and looked at us. Five times in a row. We missed him when he didn't show up on the sixth time.
Aug 14, 2019 5:22am
Thread
My daughter saw one under her bird/squirrel feeder late one night.
Aug 14, 2019 7:15am
Thread
I am celebrating one of the little joys in life.

Those are the best kind. I live in town in Visalia, CA but across the street is a ponding basin where, inexplicably, a fox lives. I’ve seen him (her?) on our property a couple of times.

But here’s my favorite red fox story...
I used to live in Taos NM. One day I was hiking in the nearby mountains. I was hiking off trail and I had just spent a couple of hours hiking to the top of a ridge. I found a nice log to set on for lunch and got everything out of my pack and started eating. I had been there for about 10 minutes enjoying the views before I noticed a red fox curled up, watching me about 15 feet away. He only moved away after he noticed me noticing him.