Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Off Topic, Wildly

Re: Eagles, eagles, eagles! (and you can watch)
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #974249 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Apr 17, 2019 2:35am
Thread
Did Hope survive? Of she did not return to the nest, where did she go? I am vested now. Do not leave me hanging! Also, what other kinds of birds injure eagles?
Re: Heads up, free HBO week!
Reply to: #974219 by wassamatta u
Apr 19, 2019 2:53pm
Thread
In a nutshell....

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/04/19/ed-sheeran-game-of-thrones-still-alive-despite-injuries/

lol

Oh....it's not about him.....that would be bad....so very bad. Bad.
Wooden eggs
Apr 21, 2019 3:26am
Thread
There is going to be an Easter Egg hunt for adults for wooden artist decorated eggs in a large field that has sculptures in it. Wonder if I have a chance of finding any??
Re: Wooden eggs
Reply to: #974402 by Elle
Apr 21, 2019 11:43am
Thread
That seems fun and creative. Keep us posted.
Please vote for my 4-H daughter's piggy bank
Apr 23, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
My daughter is in 4H and every year they do a piggy bank competition. The way the online voting is set up, you can vote over and over and over. All day long. In 2 days, there are kids that have over 4,000 votes. If you happen to be bored and would like to see a young letterboxer win first place in a piggy bank competition, here's your chance :-) She is in the 6-8th grade division, and her name is Gwendolyn. There are two Plinko banks but hers is the one with thumbtacks flames painted on it. And thanks!!!!
-crosscresent

http://voteforthepig.tennessee.edu/
Re: Please vote for my 4-H daughter's piggy bank
Reply to: #974475 by crosscresent
Apr 23, 2019 3:40pm
Thread
I voted for her. :)
Reply to: #974475 by crosscresent
Apr 23, 2019 7:14pm
Thread
We voted a couple of times. How on Earth did those people get five or six thousand votes when most of the children have seven or eight votes??
Reply to: #974482 by RDHG
Apr 23, 2019 7:34pm
Thread
How on Earth did those people get five or six thousand votes when most of the children have seven or eight votes??

Russians!
Reply to: #974482 by RDHG
Apr 24, 2019 3:47am
Thread
that's how we realized this has nothing to do with the piggy banks. It has to do with who has the most friends with a lot of time on their hands :-(
Reply to: #974413 by RDHG
Apr 28, 2019 2:37pm
Thread
Keep us posted.

Found 3 eggs. Had a wonderful time looking for them in a large field. Enjoyed walking around and looking at the sculptures afterwards.
Reply to: #974703 by Elle
May 1, 2019 5:54am
Thread
Neat! It seems like that was a unique experience.
Its a yummy day....
May 1, 2019 7:46am
Thread
So Happy National Chocolate Parfait Day!!!
Re: Its a yummy day....
Reply to: #974796 by a knitwit
May 1, 2019 2:48pm
Thread
My calendar says it's Phone In Sick Day. So phone in sick and stay home eating chocolate parfaits! :D

TG
Reply to: #974806 by Trekkie Gal
May 1, 2019 6:41pm
Thread
My calendar says it's Phone In Sick Day.

If Ryan phones in sick, maybe it will also be a WassaQuest Day...
Reply to: #974806 by Trekkie Gal
May 2, 2019 6:37am
Thread
So it was the best of both worlds!!
Re: Wrong impressions...
Reply to: #949232 by Gremlands
May 5, 2019 3:59pm
Thread
I know this post was nearly two years ago, and you might not even be on here anymore, but just in case I wanted to say thank you.

This explains a lot of dissonance that I feel in interactions with certain family members and I've returned to it several times for support.
Re: Wrong impressions...
Reply to: #974886 by Uncorny Acorns
May 5, 2019 7:54pm
Thread
I’m glad it’s helped you cope with difficult family members. You are most welcome and thank you for telling me. It nice to know I may have actually done something good in my life. :)
Naked Paul....Quartzsite, Az.
May 9, 2019 12:29pm
It's with sad heart that I post that Naked Paul has passed. Anyone that's gotten the letterbox at Quartzsite "Bare Essentials" will remember Paul.
He was the kindest, funniest and most talented honky tonk singer/player around as well as bookstore owner.
https://www.parkerpioneer.net/news/article_247633ba-71b1-11e9-980d-2b84999892e7.html
~SD~
Harriet Tubman
May 30, 2019 5:12pm
Thread
There has been a bit of chatter about people carving Harriet Tubman stamps to go on the $20 bill to protest the recent delay to her going on the $20. A few boxers have already started working on versions of a stamp. If anyone is interested in carving their own, feel free to message me your email and I can send you my edit.
Re: Harriet Tubman
Reply to: #975703 by LROSEM
May 30, 2019 8:39pm
Thread
There has been a bit of chatter about people carving Harriet Tubman stamps to go on the $20 bill to protest the recent delay to her going on the $20.

You know, Alexander Hamilton was going to be replaced on the $10 bill until someone made him famous again.