About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Off Topic, Wildly

Bandit visits home
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Oct 11, 2013 3:55am
Thread
I had a visitor last night. It left muddy footprints coming in the screened-in porch. They led to a bowl of water which now contains very dirty water. Then they led to a can where I had a large grub which is now missing. The suet feeder which contained only a small chunk of suet is also gone. Who shall I call?
Re: Bandit visits home
Reply to: #809876 by Elle
Oct 11, 2013 4:33am
Thread
Who shall I call?

Ghostbusters !

Sounds like a " bandit" (raccoon) for certain though
Re: Bandit visits home
Reply to: #809876 by Elle
Oct 11, 2013 10:24am
Thread
Raccoon-busters!
Re: Hula mouse
Reply to: #809540 by Granny Butterfly
Oct 13, 2013 7:43pm
Thread
Bacon. Stuck to peanut butter. Or, if it's an English-speaking mouse, you can put My Humps on a loop, go happily off to work, and it will kill itself.
Re: Can't stop laughing
Reply to: #809663 by Fluffy Cow
Oct 13, 2013 7:59pm
Thread
OMG!!!!!!! The drizzling SH*TS, as my sweet little grandma used to say. Seriously. I'm sooooo glad you did that, because now I get to do this and I've wanted an excuse to do that all week, because I have can't remember the last time I laughed, snorted, cried and had seizures all the same time.

Glossary.

*****Girly part alert***** No, not pictures. Jeez. ******Girly part alert.******
Reply to: #810253 by Wry Me
Oct 13, 2013 8:06pm
Thread
Ha!

My cousin wanted me to try one of these. Um, no. I'll stick with Tampax Pearl. Pun intended..
Oct 14, 2013 2:06pm
Thread
That is getting passed on to some ladies who'll enjoy it. And I have a new Words with Friends word, fossick. w00t!
Oct 15, 2013 6:25am
Thread
The diva cup makes menopause look pretty good!
Reply to: #810533 by TrailTroll
Oct 15, 2013 6:36am
Thread
Is it TMI that I didn't have to look up what that is?

And yes, thankful, in that respect, to be in menopause.
Re: So now what?
Reply to: #811422 by System
Oct 20, 2013 1:00pm
Thread
So now...if you want him to stay.... you give him a reasonable schedule of when he needs to have that job. Like a month. Any job, so he has a schedule he has to stick with. Meanwhile, he can fix up the house, and he has a list he HAS to complete. He wasted 2 years of your life. Don't let him waste 2 more.

Hugs, stay strong!
Oct 20, 2013 3:23pm
Thread
He should have been looking for a job AND working on the house.

Shiloh
Reply to: #811451 by System
Oct 20, 2013 4:27pm
Thread
Do you want to spend the rest of your life putting up with his behavior? I say the last 2 years is "normal" for him and the last week is only because you've told him he'll be on the street soon. Find someone better.
Oct 21, 2013 9:26am
Thread
Is there a "YOU GO GIRL" button?
Unusual birthday present
Oct 22, 2013 3:57pm
Thread
Sooooo, a friend of mine game me a most unusual birthday present. Thought I would ask what most people think about it. I got a gift certificate to see a clairvoyant for a two hour session. Intriguing yes, not sure what to think however.

Could be interesting, maybe I was a soldier in a past life, or a doctor or maybe a gypsie dancer. Who knows!

Thoughts?
Re: Unusual birthday present
Reply to: #811946 by Cherokee Rose
Oct 22, 2013 4:27pm
Thread
Sounds fun. I don't believe in that but I'd go for giggles. That is quite the different present.
Oct 22, 2013 4:46pm
Thread
My best friend is into that sort of thing. Clairvoyants do not necessarily do past life regression stuff. When my best friend saw one, a lot of what she said was pretty much hockum, but she DID pick up on the fact that my friend was seriously dehydrated - which got her drinking more water.
Oct 22, 2013 4:56pm
Thread
I'm such a skeptic. I went to a Palm reader in San Fran many years ago with 3 of my friends. She could not read me, because I wouldn't tell her anything. All I did was hold out my hands. She just gave me a very vague reading, meaning nothing. My 3 friends all came out in shock, even crying, because she apparently read them so well. I think they may have opened up to her more. Who knows?

I think if I went back to one, I would try to say or ask more, just to see what happened.
Reply to: #811954 by 55 Steps
Oct 22, 2013 4:58pm
Thread
One of my friends was shocked she knew about her back problems. I figured she just was rubbing her back unconsciously! SUBconsciously. LOL
Oct 22, 2013 5:37pm
Thread
A two hour reading? Wow. If it IS a regression, go with it! But one piece of advice: go in without any preconceived notions! Just go with it. I did one 15 years ago and it changed my life! My feeling is, maybe it's all hokum (no one could EVER prove it one way or the other) but it explained so well why I had such a dislike of a certain type of 'terrain' and certain other things I was a little phobic about. I've done 3 others and learned something about myself each time. Again, could all be hokum but, what the hey. . .

::disclaimer:: I'm an astrologer and, yes, there is merit to it in certain circumstances.

~~Doublesaj~~

get it? Double Saj(itarrius)
Reply to: #811967 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Oct 22, 2013 5:39pm
Thread
get it? Double Saj(itarrius)

I've been wondering where you got your trailname! Explain to me about the "double" bit. How does that part work?
Oct 22, 2013 6:12pm
Thread
Very cool! I am excited and plan on being skeptical but open to the process. It is past life regression so I will be careful not to give anything away. This lady is so well known that she is booked out till March so it's gonna be a while, but I will be sure to let you know how it went.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
Reply to: #811973 by Cherokee Rose
Oct 22, 2013 6:22pm
Thread
Do tell, sounds fascinating!
Reply to: #811959 by FloridaFour
Oct 22, 2013 6:32pm
Thread
One of my friends was shocked she knew about her back problems. I figured she just was rubbing her back unconsciously! SUBconsciously. LOL

Hey that sounds like a good idea for a tv show...oh wait that's right PSYCH
Oct 22, 2013 8:37pm
Thread
one of my very best friends in the whole wide world is an astrologer.

and now i can pronounce your trail name correctly. LOL

~tigs (you are both on my stalker list)
Reply to: #811968 by WiseOldOwl
Oct 23, 2013 7:46am
Thread
I've been wondering where you got your trailname! Explain to me about the "double" bit. How does that part work?

I'm guessing their other half is a sajitarrus also.
Oct 23, 2013 7:49am
Thread
I'd go. Why not? Sounds like fun. But I'd just keep in mind the little disclaimer you always see at the bottom of the screen for the TV ads. That it's for entertainment only. If she says you need to go withdraw $2000 and drop it off a bridge over a dry creek at a specific time/date to cleanse the soul, RUN!!
Oct 23, 2013 8:24am
Thread
That is very unual, but pretty neat! I would just go with the flow, you never know they may tell you some intiresting stuff!
Oct 23, 2013 8:36am
Thread
if nothing else, you have someone who is being paid to be interested in only you for two whole hours! I dont think my husband would even listen for that long!! LOL!
Reply to: #812052 by Sea Maid
Oct 23, 2013 8:58am
Thread
if nothing else, you have someone who is being paid to be interested in only you for two whole hours! I dont think my husband would even listen for that long!! LOL!

Lol, well I have great friends who generously listen every time I want to whine... I have always said girlfriends are the best therapist... :-). I will go, and I will be careful and believe me I won't be drawing any money to drop off over a bridge... I am genuinely interested in past life regression. Not that I have any preconceived notion that I have lived before but it would be interesting to hear. I have only had one other experience with a clairvoyant and that was a very accurate experience. I was in a group reading and called up. I had never seen the reader before in my life. He told me accurate information about my life and children. And even that my husband was living in another state at the time. It was very encouraging and comforting. It didn't change anything in my life but I did feel better knowing what he told me.
Oct 23, 2013 9:04am
Thread
Go or don't go... The clairvoyant already knows, so you won't disappoint!! Or is that a psychic?

Speaking of psychics, I remember many years ago in FL when a popular psychic was robbed. Everyone couldn't understand why she didn't see it coming. *snicker*