A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff

Re: Mediums
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #980520 by AdventurousAcorn
Oct 23, 2019 9:36am
Thread
All of them! Lol...well, I tend to use distress oxide inks and copic markers the most, but I have used many other art mediums as well....I think you'd have a great time at a crafting retreat/event! Be on the lookout for one to (hopefully) be listed soon!🤞😃
Oct 25, 2019 12:03pm
Thread
I use a lot of Distress Inks, although now I like the Oxides better. I also love using Dylusions Spray Inks (gotta spray them outside on the lawn unless you want a big mess everywhere). Ken Oliver Color Bursts are great fun, and the good ol' Gelli Plate is always good for a few hours of playtime fun for me. I'm always looking for new things to try so YouTube is a great plate to explore. People are so creative!

Patty
Reply to: #980557 by Jaybirders
Oct 25, 2019 2:27pm
Thread
YouTube is a great plate to explore. People are so creative!

Like these?
Oct 25, 2019 7:56pm
Thread
I was wondering what everyone's favorite medium was to use when making LTC's?

I have tried many different Mediums but all they ever do is showcase long DEAD swaps!
Oct 26, 2019 10:01am
Thread
My preferred medium...
I enjoy the variety. The only consistent medium, which is not to say that it is my favorite, would be Copic markers. The variety is, I think, why I've been able to stick with LTCs for so long.
Older LTC cards
Jan 1, 2020 5:33am
Thread
Good morning. I have a lot of envelopes in my notebook, with older LTC cards. Some from people who don't know I have them. What would you do? Log them in or just file them. They were giving to me by a local boxer who was cleaning out their stash.

I will also be back logging the ones I know that are mine.
Re: Older LTC cards
Reply to: #982138 by Tri-Colored Paws
Jan 1, 2020 5:38am
Thread
Log 'em! They're trading cards, after all!
Reply to: #982139 by Rocklun
Jan 1, 2020 5:42am
Thread
Log 'em! They're trading cards, after all!

Really? I would love to! I guess I just didn't understand this part of LTC's. :S
Jan 1, 2020 7:37am
Thread
I love it when my old LTCs get re-found (or found/logged) by someone new. I would definitely want my artwork admired by someone new. Trading cards, indeed. Thanks!
Jan 1, 2020 8:43am
Thread
Log em!

People lose interest or thin out their collection. I always hope those cards get shared instead of thrown away.

LTCs are meant to be enjoyed.
Reply to: #982144 by Teeker
Jan 1, 2020 7:57pm
Thread
I love it when my old LTCs get re-found (or found/logged) by someone new.

Reposting this because it’s soooo true.

Log them!!!
Jan 2, 2020 4:01am
Thread
I'd also like to add that even if you're not the original LTC recipient, it's okay to leave a comment on a LTC when you're logging it. The majority of LTC makers appreciate feedback on our cards, even if it's a simple "thanks" or "cute card."
Question About LTCs
Jan 8, 2020 7:32pm
Thread
I have an idea for an LTC tracker. It involves carving a primary stamp for the front of the LTC, and another for the back (besides the carver's personal stamp). The first one is obviously part of the LTC, but would it still be a single LTC or would the second stamp be countable as "other"?
Re: Question About LTCs
Reply to: #982406 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jan 8, 2020 7:38pm
Thread
would it still be a single LTC or would the second stamp be countable as "other"?

I think that's a single LTC. Many times, there are more than one stamp on the front, as well as the back - some people add extras to decorate the back. Think of it as a letterbox you find with multiple stamps - one clue, one box, one location, one find, no matter how many stamps.
Jan 8, 2020 8:17pm
Thread
Why not make TWO cards that can be kept back to back? Then it can be listed as two cards. Otherwise: 1 card = 1 find.
Jan 8, 2020 9:21pm
Thread
I just finished an LTC With a 2nd stamp on the back. I listed both stamps in the title.
Jan 9, 2020 4:06am
Thread
I'd only consider listing two stamps as separate LTCs if you had a removable, "bonus" LTC somehow hidden in the main LTC (for example, a separate letter LTC inside a larger envelope LTC). Otherwise, if the stamps are on a single, non-removable LTC, I wouldn't list the stamps separately.
Jan 9, 2020 5:15am
Thread
I would agree with Wise Wanderer. I've seen many LTCs that have multiple carved images, and have even made a few myself. Even though it has separate stamps on it, it's still a singular Card to be logged.
Re: First time Host
Reply to: #881124 by FloridaFour
Jan 11, 2020 4:56pm
Thread
FloridaFour, you are such a basket of wisdom. This is a great old thread I found here. ✨🍀✨🍀✨
LTC event
Jan 12, 2020 6:11pm
Thread
I would be willing to host an LTC event for 2020. It would be in Battle Creek, MI at the Creekside Crafting Retreat. Right now 2nd, 3rd, 5th weekends of May are open, any weekend in June and July are open, also late October. If we can choose a date, I'll pursue a reservation. Cost is $100-150 for Th-Sun. We would provide and prepare our own meals. 10 person minimum.
Re: LTC event
Reply to: #982493 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Jan 13, 2020 3:57am
Thread
Late October and I'm in!
Jan 13, 2020 7:04am
Thread
October is the only month I cannot do unless it’s the 1st weekend.
I tried looking for info but it seem you have to log in. Very few photos, etc. available???
Jan 13, 2020 7:33am
Thread
Thank you!

May would be a challenge for me, but the other months are relatively open at this time ~ except the first weekend in June (GLG2020).
Jan 13, 2020 8:44am
Thread
Thanks for being willing to host! May-early June are busy for me, the rest open. Hoping to make one of these!
Jan 13, 2020 2:50pm
Thread
Sounds like fun. I can't commit at this point. I am in the middle of interviewing for a new job. I would need to see if/what my schedule would be.

But, would like to be kept in the loop.

condo
Jan 13, 2020 4:21pm
Thread
I’m in! Will be watching for updates on dates. 🤞🏻
LTCs Basics
Jan 19, 2020 12:37pm
Thread
I've searched this subject on the message boards and can't seem to find what I need.
I recently signed up for my very first LTC tracker and I just want to know what the basic rules are . SIZE of card, what type of paper/card stock, any info on making these cards would be helpful. Also best way to mail them..
Thanks so much,
Weeping Willow 52
Re: LTCs Basics
Reply to: #982689 by Weeping Willow 52
Jan 19, 2020 12:56pm
Thread
The LTC help pages are a great place to start. Welcome to LTCs!
Reply to: #982689 by Weeping Willow 52
Jan 19, 2020 1:39pm
Thread
Also, please contact Linden Leaf on AQ. She has a welcome package for new LTC-makers, and it includes sample cards, as well as a very helpful information sheet. Ask any of us questions if you don’t find all the answers you’re looking for. WELCOME!!
Reply to: #982693 by Wise Wanderer
Jan 19, 2020 1:51pm
Thread
Thanks wise wanderer!!! I think I'll really enjoy this!!!
WW52