A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff

Re: Annual Crafting/LTC retreat options
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #979552 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 19, 2019 12:49pm
Thread
They have the 6-8 ft tables and and maybe round tables. As far as chairs, I am sure it is a standard chair for events. Yes on the outlets. The price is the same no matter which cabin you are in...

Hope this helps :)
Re: Retreat
Reply to: #979576 by Maude
Sep 19, 2019 3:22pm
Thread
Oct-Nov will not be good for me 🙁
Reply to: #979572 by SpringChick
Sep 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread
Any talk ever of having the option of gents attending too?
Reply to: #979589 by Team Awesome Pants
Sep 19, 2019 5:45pm
Thread
ok with me....
Reply to: #979589 by Team Awesome Pants
Sep 19, 2019 6:35pm
Thread
So no wearing jammies in the craft room?
I personally enjoy the “ladies” craft retreat, but if they are in a separate cabin it could work. Is there interest?
Reply to: #979599 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 19, 2019 7:21pm
Thread
I don't know that anyone has ever been asked, but know there are men who carve, make cards, plant, write clues also, same interests, and I can't imagine having any issues with wearing my flannels in front of too many. :•}
Reply to: #978907 by Gypsy Fiddler
Sep 20, 2019 4:48am
Thread
I have never been because I have to pick and choose my travel plans without family. I love all the suggestions of NY - that would make the decision easy.
Sep 20, 2019 1:08pm
Thread
I am a little late to the party but I would like to throw in a vote for Tennessee! I would love to be able to come but would probably be limited to somewhere within 6-8 hours from home. (Alabama)
Reply to: #979610 by Bama Beach Bum
Sep 20, 2019 2:03pm
Thread
( I would love to be able to come but would probably be limited to somewhere within 6-8 hours from home. (Alabama))

Me too since we are boxing pals😉
Reply to: #979611 by Mama Dee
Sep 20, 2019 2:12pm
Thread
Then plan a girl weekend and go together!!😄
Reply to: #979612 by Gypsy Fiddler
Sep 20, 2019 6:04pm
Thread
That's the way we roll!
Reply to: #978943 by LROSEM
Sep 21, 2019 8:59am
Thread
Reply to: #979620 by LROSEM
Sep 21, 2019 10:54am
Thread
2 of the links didn’t work for me. Several hold 12 or less which may not be enough. The “rent-the-craft-house” shows a Kansas address??? That one and the HobbyHouse in PA look interesting.
Reply to: #979621 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 25, 2019 2:38pm
Thread
I'm joining in late. I would be open for any place. I agree that restrooms should be handy. I have not looked at any of the web sites; will trust it to the organizer. As next year is an election year, I would not be available in Oct/early Nov. I am an election judge and help to process ballots to mail out and count when they are returned.
Comment space limitations
Sep 28, 2019 10:49am
When commenting on an LTC through the tracker “save finds” button, I often cannot complete my comment before I run out of space. That doesn’t seem to be the case if I go directly to the LTC to record the find. Is there a reason to limit the space allowed for commenting under the tracker, and if not, can that space be expanded, pretty please??
Oct 1, 2019 7:44pm
Thread
I found this possible location for the retreat. I never seem to be able to attend due to the travel expenses involved in getting to the Mid-West. It's never the actual cost of the retreat that stops me from attending. Please consider a West Coast option?

https://www.parks.state.wa.us/365/Camp-Ramblewood?fbclid=IwAR3iBTVu4Jo_z3GEbsP71rm8zWxnidiYzTmNlndYxpN2f4ZfG9_OqHcDU5Q

or

http://reservations.lanecounty.org/camp_lane_home.asp?actiontype=camping
Reply to: #979956 by Wavesandwaterfalls
Oct 1, 2019 10:34pm
Thread
I'm all for a west coast option! I'd love to go back to the Great Northwest!😀If not next year, then another one for SURE!! I I think it is time for someone to post a poll andthen we can start getting the ball rolling on next year's Retreat weekend... we have choices for New York, Tennessee, the West Coast, Iowa, and St Louis so far! Let's keep working on this!
Close-out on Tim Holtz products...?
Oct 2, 2019 11:41am
Thread
The Michaels store near my house has every product that they sell by Tim Holtz on clearance, and I was told that they are discontinuing his line of products from their stores. Has anyone heard of this in your local stores? Wondering if it's just here or if it's all the Michaels stores. At any rate, if you're looking for a bargain on any of those products, check out your Michaels! I'm bummed though, because I don't really want to resort to buying those things online... I'm in the middle of a project and I ran out of collage medium and it would be great to be able to grab it at a store instead of waiting to get it in the mail.☹
Re: Close-out on Tim Holtz products...?
Reply to: #979987 by Gypsy Fiddler
Oct 2, 2019 1:31pm
Thread
I was just looking at our Michaels last weekend and no sale. If you have a Hobby Lobby, they carry Tim Holtz, or maybe a Paper Boutique.
Re: Close-out on Tim Holtz products...?
Reply to: #979989 by Topcollector
Oct 2, 2019 1:48pm
Thread
That's true, but Michaels is closer to me and I wanted people to know that if you're looking for a sale, it might be good to check it out. Sadly, I was at Hobby Lobby this morning and they did not have the collage medium that I was looking for!😕
Oct 2, 2019 1:50pm
Thread
I could attend at either of these sites ~ I have a daughter in Portland.
Oct 2, 2019 3:41pm
Thread
I'd love to attend, and unless it's within 6 hours I'll be flying anyway...so West Coast, East Coast...makes no difference to me!
Reply to: #979535 by jlsd0218
Oct 21, 2019 11:23am
Thread
https://campnamanu.org/rentals/make-a-reservation/

I've sent an inquiry to find out what options would best suit our group and the costs involved. Sandy, OR for those that aren't familiar to the area is East of Portland, ever so slightly West of the Columbia River Gorge and ~90 minutes -2 hours from the Oregon Coast depending on traffic. Mt Hood is also near by.

We have a rich assortment of letterboxes, many by extremely talented carvers/crafters.

I'm also researching Camp Gold Hollow near Nevada City, CA.
Reply to: #980503 by Wavesandwaterfalls
Oct 21, 2019 9:24pm
Thread
I am so excited to hear your findings....please keep us posted!😃🤞
Mediums
Oct 23, 2019 7:27am
Thread
I finally caved and bought distress ink, and I wish I had done that sooner. I was wondering what everyone's favorite medium was to use when making LTC's? I'd love to learn some new tricks!
Re: Mediums
Reply to: #980520 by AdventurousAcorn
Oct 23, 2019 9:36am
Thread
All of them! Lol...well, I tend to use distress oxide inks and copic markers the most, but I have used many other art mediums as well....I think you'd have a great time at a crafting retreat/event! Be on the lookout for one to (hopefully) be listed soon!🤞😃
Oct 25, 2019 12:03pm
Thread
I use a lot of Distress Inks, although now I like the Oxides better. I also love using Dylusions Spray Inks (gotta spray them outside on the lawn unless you want a big mess everywhere). Ken Oliver Color Bursts are great fun, and the good ol' Gelli Plate is always good for a few hours of playtime fun for me. I'm always looking for new things to try so YouTube is a great plate to explore. People are so creative!

Patty
Reply to: #980557 by Jaybirders
Oct 25, 2019 2:27pm
Thread
YouTube is a great plate to explore. People are so creative!

Like these?
Oct 25, 2019 7:56pm
Thread
I was wondering what everyone's favorite medium was to use when making LTC's?

I have tried many different Mediums but all they ever do is showcase long DEAD swaps!
Oct 26, 2019 10:01am
Thread
My preferred medium...
I enjoy the variety. The only consistent medium, which is not to say that it is my favorite, would be Copic markers. The variety is, I think, why I've been able to stick with LTCs for so long.