Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff

by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
here's my budding pages: http://amazeingadventurefrog.blogspot.com/ https://www.instagram.com/amazeing_adventure_frog/
by Linden LeafProfileContactLogbookNote
Whoa! DZ and ECP! First of all I do not have nearly enough of your cards!! Second of all - fantastic art!!
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
... I LOVE your blog!! It is jam-packed with great ideas, techniques, photos, and how-to's, and of course, your aMAZEing artwork!!
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Aww, thanks LL. Appreciate the kinds words. Coming from you that means a lot. Which reminds me I need to update our account....
Oh! Great blog. I canโ€™t wait to pore over it more thoroughly! Thanks for sharing. Also, would love to follow you on Instagram, hint hint! ๐Ÿ˜„
In case anyone is interested Iโ€™ve updated my Instagram. I was pretty random about it so there might be spoiler pics for upcoming trackers - be warned! ๐Ÿ˜„
by Basset MomProfileContactLogbookNote
I buy mine from ebay too - cheapest I've found them!
Score!! I love spoilers because I can't wait!!
I wondered, because I started following you yesterday(?) and today my feed was flooded with pictures. Good to know that you were just catching up and not actually turning out cards by the dozens in a day! ;-)
... Ha ha, too funny, birthdays must be excruciating for you!
Yup. That's why I buy my own gift ๐Ÿ˜‰
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
So I'm working on an ltc, and after 7 attempts to come up with a card that works, I think I can go with the design. It got me wondering, how many different card designs do you try before you settle on one?
Part of picking out the image, for me, is to visualize what the presentation might look like. If I canโ€™t get a sense of what to do with the image, I usually keep looking for other ideas. That said, the original vision usually morphs somewhat as I beg...
by ProcyonProfileContactLogbookNote
I usually ponder on the main idea I want for the card for a couple of weeks. Once I decide what the main idea/approach I'm going to do, I then decide what image I want to carve. I then think of how best to present the image on the LTC. Once I get it ca...
A LOT of trial and error. :)
by InkTapProfileContactLogbookNote
I start with a basic design in my head which usually morphs as I make the cards. I have a couple odd ball cards with a small degree of variation for my themes. Recently, I produced a set of cards and was disappointed when I looked back at my original...
... Amen to that!!! We usually spend a few days thinking of of a design. We discuss different possibilities for each design consideration before finally settling on one. After carving, we print a few to experiment with regarding color, background an...
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
I heavily consider the carve, which is the hardest part of creating a card for me. Once I have carved my image, I think I average two or three different card designs before I settle into the one that "works". I'll have to say that occasionally I create...
Hope I'm remembering this correctly: Louis Armstrong once recorded a song in the studio. Then he and his band re-recorded it again and again and again trying to get it just right. After 100 recordings, they decided the first one was the best and used...
... That is my perspective also. I work slowly, and enjoy the process as I work. Itโ€™s relaxing for me. The day I find it stressful, rushed, and no longer enjoyable, is the day Iโ€™ll hang up my gouge and markers and be done.
I've heard that too, AAF, and it is so true!
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
I do this too, but if I have too much time I tend to wander away and get lost in thought, put it aside as i ponder, forget about it a while, then I am rushed as the due date is tomorrow. I need a good balance of thinking time and a deadline. :)
by Mama DeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you! Techniques, yes please!
by 4 J'sProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm working on a set of LTC's using Gesso and Gelatos. I used Versafine ink to stamp my image onto the card but them ink won't dry. They've been sitting for 3 hours and they are still wet. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
I recently used gelatos on a card, and it behaves like watercolor in that it needs to "soak in" to the paper. If the paper is coated with gesso, the gelatos will remain on the surface and smear or smudge easily, along with anything you stamp on top of...
by YaateehProfileContactLogbookNote
I had the same problem recently -- I used a hair dryer on each card for a few minutes and then let them sit overnight. The versafine was dry in the morning (I tried rubbing the stamped images and they didn't smear). [Edit: I live in a very dry climate...
What they said! Also, you can also use gesso OVER your stamped image; it depends on what effect you're looking for, and how you want to use your color mediums...there is no right or wrong; just options for how to play!๐Ÿ˜€
by 4 J'sProfileContactLogbookNote
I REALLY appreciate all the tips! You guys are awesome!
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I received an unlabeled LTC of a beautifully carved lady, stamped in red on copy paper with a dot on each cheek and lips. She's wearing an ornate veil which makes her face look like a heart. Can anyone help identify her? It would probably be several...
I stole borrowed this info from another thread originally posted by Yaateeh. I thought it needed a thread of its own so more peeps could benefit from it. Mailing art info: http://mailmesomeart.blogspot.com/p/postal-points.html?m=1 Thanks Yaateeh! ๐Ÿ™‚ DZ