Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!

Re: Grateful Camping!!! Can you feel the sunshine?
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Reply to: #917824 by zess the treehuggers
Jan 14, 2016 8:02am
Thread
Site 301 Wed-Sun!
Reply to: #917883 by dingus dufus
Jan 14, 2016 8:27am
Thread
I'm not writing a response to everyone as they post their campsites, bc that would get super redundant, but here's a global message to all:

I'M SO EXCITED about everyone who is coming to join the frolicking fun!!! There'll be dancing in the streets! Woooo-hoooooo!!!

~zess~
It's Carving time - The Trackers are listed!
Jan 18, 2016 3:22pm
This year's themes include:
Grateful Skeletons
Sugar Skulls
.....and "So The Kids They Dance, They Shake Their Bones" for those who are camping.

Here's the LTC swap link:
The Grateful Letterboxers - The Best Of: Skeletons From The Closet!

Time to start getting excited! Those attending the event should book your campsites ASAP if you haven't already! AQ-mail us with any questions. We look forward to seeing many of you all in the warm summer weather!!! ;o)

We hope you all are having a Grateful Winter Season!!! ;o)

Pete
Grateful Skeleton Stamps
Jan 19, 2016 5:14pm
We've had a few people ask questions about these stamps, so I added the following to the tracker:
"Any type of "Skeleton" will do. Grateful Dead stamps or GD embellishments are ALWAYS appreciated, but not a prerequisite!"

I look forward to seeing all the wonderful creations!!!;o)

Pete
Reply to: #917887 by zess the treehuggers
Jan 19, 2016 5:20pm
Thread
Our family really wishes that we could join everyone for the fun this summer, however, we are expecting our second baby at the beginning of May and it's going to be too challenging to tent camp with a 1.5 year old and a 2 month old. We're hoping to return next year - can't wait to hear about all the fun times!!
Reply to: #918414 by dolphinwanderer
Jan 19, 2016 5:28pm
Thread
Exciting times for you!!! We all wish you the best and look forward to seeing you again at future events! ;o)

Pete
Reply to: #918414 by dolphinwanderer
Jan 20, 2016 4:27am
Thread
Congratulations, dolphinwanderer!! That's very exciting! But, I'm thinking, you can still come, stay in a hotel, and be daytrippers! (No problem, right?)

~zess~
Reply to: #918460 by zess the treehuggers
Jan 24, 2016 5:51am
Thread
Zess it is tempting......but a very long trip for the kids this coming year. I will just have to wait for all the stories and pictures!!
Reply to: #918743 by dolphinwanderer
Jan 24, 2016 8:38am
Thread
Ok, I understand. But we'll miss you and the little ones! :-)

~zess~
Happy Cake Day...
Feb 18, 2016 7:45pm
Thread
...to Wishful Thinkin' ! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸ˜„
Re: Happy Cake Day...
Reply to: #920543 by Kit Kat 61
Feb 19, 2016 10:16am
Thread
Thank you Kit Kat 61. I'm very grateful that I've found letterboxing and met so many nice people. Happy trails.
Reply to: #917824 by zess the treehuggers
Feb 22, 2016 5:16am
Thread
Aaretmis, Hawkeye, WiseOldOwl, Cherokee Rose and possiably judithandsparky will be on Site 216 from the 13-18th πŸŽ‰
Reply to: #920748 by Cherokee Rose
Feb 22, 2016 11:51am
Thread
Aaretmis, Hawkeye, WiseOldOwl, Cherokee Rose and possiably judithandsparky will be on Site 216 from the 13-18th πŸŽ‰

WOOHOOOOO!!! ;o)

Reply to: #920766 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 22, 2016 7:35pm
Thread
We are so excited! Started planning already
Reply to: #920786 by Cherokee Rose
Feb 22, 2016 8:43pm
Thread
Ditto!
Camping
Mar 4, 2016 12:59pm
Thread
Hello! Could someone please tell me where the restrooms are in relation to the campsites? I think I am finally going to make it up there this year after many times of singing up and having to drop, yay! I couldn't tell much from the map. Thank you!
Re: Camping
Reply to: #921426 by Southern Oracle
Mar 4, 2016 2:01pm
Thread
On our end of the campground, there is one bathroom across from site #203, and a more updated bathroom across from #111, next to #108. Site #113 is nice and still available!

Hope that helps you. Let us know if you have any other questions, and which site you reserve. FYI - We also have room in the Group site (Thurs pm-Sun am) if you prefer!

Pete
Reply to: #921436 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 4, 2016 4:52pm
Thread
Thank you! Is 113 a better site than #20 by the water? I need to be close enough to someone with an RV that has power at least once or twice, so I can blow up my air mattress :P
Reply to: #921453 by Southern Oracle
Mar 4, 2016 5:30pm
Thread
there are electrical outlets in the bathrooms. You will often find the teens in there at night charging their phones
Mar 4, 2016 5:36pm
Thread
I blow up ours at the bathroom outlets. I being an extension cord to do so.
Mar 4, 2016 5:58pm
Thread
Thank you! Is 113 a better site than #20 by the water? I need to be close enough to someone with an RV that has power at least once or twice, so I can blow up my air mattress :P

We basically take over the far end of the campground -100s, 200s and 300s (which is "Grateful Row"). Have a look at the event page for a listing of sites we all have reserved. Site 113 is close to the action. #20 is nice by the water, but there won't be too many other Letterboxers in that area. We're always available for help if you need it! ;o)

Pete
Reply to: #921426 by Southern Oracle
Mar 4, 2016 6:27pm
Thread
  1. 108 is right next to the bathroom without being right on top of it. We had that site for the past 2 years and only changed to #111 because we now have a camper and #111 is more suited to a camper. We have an outlet but alas we are going to be on battery power and need to save it for Mousers CPAP machine.
Reply to: #921459 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 4, 2016 7:23pm
Thread
113 it is then! Thanks for all the help everyone :)

I am signed up for the trackers. Would there happen to be a "First-timers Guide" to the Grateful event anywhere?
Reply to: #921436 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 5, 2016 8:11am
Thread
Would you be able to post the campground map? I feel like I must have one lying around here somewhere, but just can't find it!!
Reply to: #921488 by Kit Kat 61
Mar 5, 2016 8:25am
Thread
Here are the maps:

Camp Lorraine

Reservation website and interactive map

Hope that helps ya - Have a Grateful weekend!!! ;o)

Pete
Mar 5, 2016 8:33am
Thread

I just double-checked site #20. It's within our "bubble" of letterboxers too, just on the edge. The water shown is just a small stream and not really visible from the site. Both 113 and 20 are nice flat sites. 113 is a little bigger and a bit closer to the action. Both are close to bathrooms - You're call, but book your site soon!
Reply to: #921491 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 6, 2016 8:46am
Thread
Thank you!
Reply to: #921491 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 6, 2016 4:45pm
Thread
I would LOVE a letterboxer to take site 20! I'm trying site 19 for the first time, having missed out on my usual spots, and still not sure whether anyone will be joining me. Will I have any neighbors? Many thanks for the map, Pete--just what I was looking for :-)

β‰₯KitKat≀

p.s. anyone thinking about #20--it's usually right on the way to the night boxing!!
Reply to: #921466 by Southern Oracle
Mar 6, 2016 9:14pm
Thread
Would there happen to be a "First-timers Guide" to the Grateful event anywhere?

There's nothing written down. It started as a fun little afternoon BBQ with just a few stamps and has blossomed into a fun, week-long camping adventure/stamp-fest! Here are some of the basics:

1) Make the trip - You'll be glad you did!
2) Stay as long or as short as desired. Some will camp for the whole week. Others may day-trip for a long weekend. We encourage camping if at all possible. There are local hotels too if preferred. MOST people will be camping for 2-4 nights at a minimum.
3) Box by day - campfires at night. Plan ahead and box til you drop! Pick out a few series you really like in advance. New listing will be posted just prior to the event, but not many letterboxers have found all the other permanent plantings in the area. Don't try to get them all in one swoop - just plan to return!
4) Night boxing is on Friday and Saturday evenings. You'll want to go at least one of the two nights.
5) Get the campsite boxes! With one at each of our sites, it's a great way to see and meet the other campers. You can pick these up at random as people arrive with most being available on Friday and Saturday.
6) Enjoy the evening campfires and visit "Grateful Row". We always have that well decorated and extra stamps there too!
7) Exchange stamps with as many others as possible. It's a great way to meet your new friends!
8) Go at you're own pace! When tired, just rest. Go boxing with other groups if you're looking for the same stamps.
9) Don't miss the Saturday BYO lunchtime gathering at the Campground field. There are door prizes, games and music. It's a great time and an opportunity to exchange trail stamps with folks you may have missed!
10) Live, Laugh, LOVE. Be kind, be happy and be yourself. Smiling 25 hrs a day is encouraged and random shrieks of glee are recommended! Don't be shy. If you have ANY questions or needs, just ask. Above all - HAVE FUN!!! ;o)

Pete

PS - Most importantly - Don't forget #1!!!
Reply to: #921567 by The Merry Pranksters
Mar 7, 2016 4:07am
Thread
I agree with everything Pete said! ;-). I usually camp Wed - Sun as do many others. My family often enjoys the campground and other Grateful teens while I hit the trails with other die hard boxers. I try to plan at least on day to stay in the campground the whole day to chat, do site boxes and relax. The picnic is a must as well. Folks are super friendly. If you forget an essential item, someone will usually share or there are resources to shop nearby. If you forgot maps or clues, just box with a group who has them! Grateful Row is the place to visit...frequently! Lots of fun all around. Relax and have a "Grate" time! Its all good!