Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Info

New Board: Info
Board: Info
Nov 25, 2008 5:57pm
This page is all about Letterboxing Info.
Introducing Letterboxing to Elem. Students
Mar 30, 2010 7:07pm
Hi
I note that kids under 13 are not supposed to be on an account, but what do you suggest that I do if I want to start this project with my students at school. Am I supposed to make just one account/trailname on behalf of my class, but register in my name (their teacher) , and then have them post using just our one representative trail name?

I could use an answer about protocol here asap because we are all set to start making some quests to go with our history research about the village we live in. Please advise.
Thank you
LbNA vs. AQ
Aug 23, 2012 7:11am
Thread
I'm just looking for information/advice about the differences between the LbNA website and AQ?

I've done some preliminary looking on the LbNA website and saw many of the same boxes posted on both websites. I also know that many boxes are cross-linked between the two websites, but I'm mainly wondering what the benefits are of belonging to one or both communities? I'm already an AQ member, but what are the benefits of joining the LbNA site as well?

- K
Re: LbNA vs. AQ
Reply to: #724863 by Khameleon
Aug 23, 2012 12:16pm
Thread
Someone here once said "LBNA is where I look for clues, AQ is where I hang out." I find that to be true. the LBNA site is primarily a clue repository, without much community built into the site, while AQ facilitates communication and community between its members.

That said, while many clues are listed at both sites, there are also many clues which are listed only on one site or the other. Sometimes this seems to be on a regional basis, as well, as letterboxers in one area prefer one site or the other.

It is probably to your advantage to maintain membership on both sites.

Romana
Re: LbNA vs. AQ
Reply to: #724863 by Khameleon
Aug 23, 2012 10:08pm
Thread
Thanks Romana! That does help a bit.

I was confused when I realized that boxes I didn't recognize on LbNA were listed as retired on AQ -- hence why they didn't sound familiar. So the LbNA site seemed less user friendly and out-of-date compared to AQ, yet users still talk about LbNA.

- K