A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: Region: Northeast

Re: Soup's On!
Board: Region: Northeast
Reply to: #981379 by Yumgirl
Nov 27, 2019 9:36am
Thread
Adding my thanks to the group! I love this event.

P.S. Whoever made the chicken gnocchi soup, I would love your recipe. It was amazing.
Re: Soup's On!
Reply to: #981429 by KatLikesPie
Nov 27, 2019 11:01am
Thread
I'll add to that: I would like ALL the recipes I can get please. From this year and all previous years. Next year is our 10th anniversary of the event, and we're putting together a cookbook. Thank you!
Congrats to Mark and Sue Pepe
Feb 2, 2020 5:58am
Box of the Week status! Awesome to see! Need to visit CT soon to try these out...
Southern Maine Race
Mar 9, 2020 6:26am
Thread
Slots are filling up fast! We only have space for 2 more teams! Get your team of 4-6 people together, come up with a team name and signature stamp... and get ready for some wicked Maine fun!

Southern Maine Race
Search help
Mar 9, 2020 5:35pm
Thread
I am planning a trip to Rhode Island and would like to find boxes along the way. I figure it must be an advanced search but cannot get it figured out. Help please.
Re: Search help
Reply to: #984203 by Teacup
Mar 9, 2020 6:40pm
Thread
I guess some people would say use trip planner. But what I do is a simple search of the towns I will be going through or very near. I do a 5 mile radius. I have found that to work very well.
Mar 9, 2020 10:34pm
Thread
Here's Aiphid's I-95 trip from the Trip Planner.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?tripId=2
Just click "Nearby boxes" and you'll get the entire trip from FL to ME. Pick the pages that apply.
Mar 10, 2020 5:26am
Thread
Thank you for the help. This is why I don't leave Maine. Too much interstate out there.
Re: Southern Maine Race
Reply to: #984185 by mudflinginfools
Mar 10, 2020 9:46pm
Thread
I haven’t signed up yet as I don’t know how many more surgeries I need beyond the next or even how long healing will be. But when I get a clearer pic of my situation I will reconsider. Sounds like a blast!
Reply to: #984214 by Teacup
Mar 11, 2020 4:10am
Thread
but the interstates connect all those boxes!
Mar 11, 2020 9:22am
Thread
This is why I don't leave Maine.

Then who the heck was that at Libby's Blue Line Diner? (Now Athens Diner)
Reply to: #984272 by Grrly Girl
Mar 11, 2020 3:29pm
Thread
I dunno?
Mar 12, 2020 11:58am
Thread
So much beautiful country...with boxes, out there. So many talented carvers as well. Though I do love Maine, one of my favorite states.

For driving days I use the directional search (ie. 150 miles southwest of Portland, ME) and either keyword restarea (one word) or click drive bys. Once I’m at a destination, then I use the regular local search function.
Letterboxers Egg Hunt NEW DATE!
Mar 22, 2020 12:02pm
Thread
Due to the current COVID pandemic, the annual Letterboxers Egg Hunt has been rescheduled to the weekend of June 13-14. Stay safe, people!

Warrior Woman
prophylactic
Re: Letterboxers Egg Hunt NEW DATE!
Reply to: #984719 by Warrior Woman
Mar 22, 2020 12:24pm
Thread
OOHHHHH!!!!! I MAY be in CT during that time!!!!!!

BB
Reply to: #984719 by Warrior Woman
Mar 22, 2020 12:39pm
Thread
I'm hoping this is an oversight... its the same weekend as Burton Island event in VT. We generally try to avoid having multiple events in New England on the same weekend as we all try to support each other's events...

I too am booked for Burton Island - so would be passing on your Egg Hunt, which I was looking forward to attending.
Reply to: #984724 by mudflinginfools
Mar 22, 2020 12:46pm
Thread
I was going back and forth about Rhode Island. Because that's just me. But I have to make Burton Island. Love that place.
Reply to: #984724 by mudflinginfools
Mar 22, 2020 1:25pm
Thread
This is, unfortunately, the only weekend we have available between our monthly music festivals and being out of town.

Warrior Woman
not happy either
Reply to: #984726 by Warrior Woman
Mar 22, 2020 1:40pm
Thread
We'll be there on Sunday as we'll be returning from vacation on Saturday. Thank you for being willing to still host. If we can have Christmas in July, we can certainly have Easter in June!
Reply to: #984721 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 23, 2020 7:18am
Thread
It would be great to see you when you are in CT if we are not still sheltered in place!
Reply to: #984726 by Warrior Woman
Mar 23, 2020 7:19am
Thread
thanks for rescheduling the Egg Hunt. I had dropped out because of the pandemic. I am sheltered in place. But if we are busted out by June I will certainly be there.
Reply to: #984750 by moonstone
Mar 23, 2020 9:20am
Thread
Thank you for rescheduling. I hope to be able to attend. I love your event.
Floral 8 - campus closures
Apr 3, 2020 9:01am
I planted and posted these boxes this week at the Mount Holyoke College. Since then the college has closed all public access to all of their grounds until further notice. So if you printed the clues for Floral 8, please don't go until you check to see if the college grounds have been reopened.

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=314508