Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Region: Northeast

Re: In search of... desperately seeking :)
Board: Region: Northeast
Reply to: #961977 by mudflinginfools
Jul 3, 2018 3:47am
Thread
Forgot one...
A newspaper or Magazine from any of the following years: '53, '58, '59, '60, '66, '67, '72, '79
Jul 3, 2018 5:48am
Thread
I HAD some of these long ago...

Anyway, here's a website with lots of Smokie the Bear Patches: https://www.smokeybeargifts.com/category/Smokey-Woodsy-patches

Lots like fun!
Reply to: #961992 by mudflinginfools
Jul 3, 2018 2:32pm
Thread
i have redbook magazine '59 and '58
good housekeeping '66

i can mail them to you tomorrow if interested.

smile
Reply to: #962013 by uneksia
Jul 4, 2018 2:40am
Thread
I only need one of them - that would be great!

I'll PM you my address :)
Jul 10, 2018 1:54pm
Thread
I have a pair of roller skates if you'd still like them! Can swing by with them tomorrow after work (after noontime).

Lemme know

IrishInks
Reply to: #962317 by IrishInks
Jul 11, 2018 3:57am
Thread
thanks but we found our roller skates :)
Snowmobile Trails
Jul 28, 2018 8:17am
Thread
Anyone familiar with the potential for summer use of snowmobile trails? I don't actually mean for letterboxing, but just walking? In particular, I'm curious about the snowmobile trails in New Hampshire. Over the years, I've been section hiking the New England Trail starting at Long Island Sound, continuing on through Massachusetts and finishing up on the M-M trail at Mt Monadnock in NH last fall. There's a trail that continues north from there for another 50 miles or so, the Monadnock-Sunapee Trail, ending at Mt. Sunapee. Plan on doing that this fall. Then there's a big loop trail at Mt. Sunapee that heads north for several miles before breaking to the east. From that turn, it's about 20 miles via roads to the Appalachian Trail, which leads to the White Mountains. Twenty miles is a pretty long road walk, but I see there are also official snowmobile trails maintained by local groups, and if they are walkable, that would eliminate most of the road walk. Anyone have any experience with these kinds of trails in summer?
Re: Snowmobile Trails
Reply to: #963087 by Trailhead Tessie
Jul 28, 2018 5:54pm
Thread
i am in new hampshire and hike quite a few snowmobile trails during the summer season. i have found them to be well maintained at all times of the year and enjoyable. i also do plant on them.

smile
Re: Snowmobile Trails
Reply to: #963112 by uneksia
Jul 29, 2018 4:24am
Thread
Thank you! I also contacted one of the associations that maintain the snowmobile trails I'm interested in, and they got back to me right away. I was told walking on the trails is fine unless the property owner has posted a no trespassing sign, but that most of their trails didn't have that problem.
Soup's On!
Oct 7, 2018 12:31pm
Thread
It's our eighth annual Soup's On! Save the date, as always, on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Come relax with us before the rush of the holidays. Spend the day boxing on beautiful neighboring farmlands, and then wind up at a soup potluck dinner in the evening (please pack snacks or a light lunch to hold you over 'til late afternoon). The theme this year is Winter.

More details here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3933
Congrats to....
Oct 7, 2018 1:16pm
Lundy and Vickster for Box of the Week!!!

Ray and Susan
Happydaze
Re: Soup's On!
Reply to: #966486 by nosox
Oct 7, 2018 4:10pm
Thread
I would love to come—and I just signed up—but my attendance depends on when my daughter is coming home from college & whether I’ll have to meet her train...

>Kitkat<
Oct 7, 2018 5:11pm
Thread
Already have the day requested off! I won't have to leave early this year!!! :)
Boxtoberfest 2018
Oct 7, 2018 6:38pm
Thread
I would like to give a HUGE shout out and thanks to Lotus and Celtic Cat for an awesome weekend and event!!!! Camping was so much fun even though we got alittle wet!!! So great to see old friends and make some new friends. Job well done ladies!!!
Re: Boxtoberfest 2018
Reply to: #966506 by Una Marlee Sue
Oct 8, 2018 6:12am
Thread
We had a fantastic time at our first Boxtoberfest! Everyone was so welcoming and the stamps/clue were fantastic. Perfect number of boxes to still allow time to make new friends, do some exchanges, and just sit and talk for a few minutes. Very excited that we were also able to take advantage of the historical sites while there! That was a wonderful bonus to the weekend - we really enjoyed having that time and experience great places in american history. Thank you!!
Reply to: #966499 by TallDave and ThimbeLinda
Oct 8, 2018 6:12am
Thread
YEAH!!
Oct 10, 2018 2:27pm
Thread
I'm flying up from Florida for it!

Well..... TECHNICALLY, I'm flying up for the week of Thanksgiving since my son has the entire week off from school. However, I paid the extra $150 so I could fly in on Friday night instead of Saturday.

That counts, right?

BB
Acadia - Northeast Harbor Trail Map
Oct 22, 2018 2:35pm
Just got back from Bar Harbor/Acadia Nat'l Park, and while there stumbled upon the 2017 Northeast Harbor Trail Map brochure at the Northeast Harbor Golf Course, which has a trailhead right there at the parking lot (hubby golfed while I hiked). These trails are not within the national park boundaries, so it's presumably legal to plant boxes. The map doesn't appear to be online, so I scanned my mangled copy and uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2ak2jfw5lgeb1u/northeast%20harbor%20trail%20map%202017%20%282%29.jpg?dl=0

I know of only one box on all these trails, and the trails are gorgeous. All the trail junctions had routered signs with the trail names. All were very well maintained.

I hiked the trail from the golf course to Norumbega (14), and then the Reservoir Trail (6) to the Skiddoo Trail(9) to the Asticou Stream Trail (10) (that one had a box and was gorgeous). That one ends on Route 3 at the Azalea Garden, and a short walk along the sidewalk brings you to the Asticou Terraces and Thuya Garden.
Help! Urgent!
Oct 24, 2018 1:54pm
Anyone have a picture of Lockwench's signature stamp? I will need it texted to me. My copy is in a logbook which is literally in the middle of my FULL garage (like floor to ceiling full, since we are living in temp housing while our new house is being built).

Get back to me ASAP..... If you have it and already know my cell phone number, please just text me a pic. If you don't have my cell phone number, e-mail me here on AQ and I will send it to you.

Thanks!
BB
Jar of Jam
Nov 7, 2018 1:38pm
Thread
Okay... Christopher found a jar on my back porch... did someone leave it for me? No name, no note? But it looks yummy... but if I don't know where it came from... my parents taught me better that to eat things you don't know where it came from :(
Re: Jar of Jam
Reply to: #968048 by mudflinginfools
Nov 7, 2018 1:44pm
Thread
Not from me. I know where you keep your spare key.
Nov 7, 2018 2:28pm
Thread
Not from me, I just randomly leave stamps!
Nov 7, 2018 2:54pm
Thread
We confess!! Out of tricks so we left a treat, enjoy!! 🎃🎃

Your parents taught you well!
Secret Jam
Nov 7, 2018 4:01pm
I'm ready for some Strawberry Jam,( I like Strawberry!)( Hint hint)!😁
Nov 7, 2018 4:27pm
Thread
If grrly girl was there and it’s ginger jam ....

Warrior Woman
previously gifted with jam
Reply to: #968058 by Warrior Woman
Nov 8, 2018 6:08am
Thread
homemade toast, butter and jam
mmmmm
Soup's On Event
Nov 16, 2018 7:43am
Just an FYI:

I will NOT have any of my PT's at Soup's On. My suitcases were too full with waterproof boots and hiking boots to get my PT's in there.

Sorry to everyone!
BB
Soup’s On Trail Conditions Update
Nov 16, 2018 12:36pm
Thread
Well our theme this year is “winter” and for the first time we’ve got snow. There is 4” of dense snow on the trails but we are moving ahead with plans and will be ready if you are.

A lengthier message with more logistics info was sent out to those signed up for the event. If you are interested in joining us, please check the event page recent notices.
Re: Soup’s On Trail Conditions Update
Reply to: #968423 by nosox
Nov 16, 2018 3:47pm
Thread
I will have the 5 letterboxing patches for sale with me at Soup's On. $3 each. Unfortunately the New Jersey patch has not arrived yet.
Re: Soup’s On Trail Conditions Update
Reply to: #968423 by nosox
Nov 16, 2018 8:29pm
Thread
Well our theme this year is “winter” and for the first time we’ve got snow. There is 4” of dense snow on the trails but we are moving ahead with plans and will be ready if you are.

Sorry, it's my fault. I stole the nice weather for my event last month!