A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Region: Northeast

Re: Soup's On this Weekend
Board: Region: Northeast
Reply to: #953872 by Teacup
Nov 19, 2017 6:32pm
Thread
We always schedule for the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so you get your wish, the 17th it is. (Next year will be our 9th year.) We'd love to see some Maine boxers in lovely Massachusetts! So many great boxes to find down here in our area.
Re: Soup's On this Weekend
Reply to: #953877 by nosox
Nov 19, 2017 6:58pm
Thread
Wahoo! Team Mudcup is going over the border!
Re: Great Soup's On Event
Reply to: #953842 by Wendy
Nov 21, 2017 6:15am
Thread
Yes! Thank you so much to nosox and everyone who carved and planted for a great event!

I always really enjoy it, even though I'm never able to stay for soup.....

BB
Stamps needed!
Dec 16, 2017 2:02pm
Hey everyone! I'm working on the Show Your Love for Disney gather for February and I have some gaps in stamps that I was wondering if you could help fill?

Hollywood Studios attraction stamps
Toy Story stamps (need Woody, Buzz, Rex and maybe a Toystory Mania stamp?)
Ursula stamp
EPCOT attraction stamps
Animal Kingdom attraction stamps

If you are coming to the gather and have anything letterboxing related and/or Disney related for the raffle, that would be FANTASTIC too!

Anything would be a HUGE help! Thank you!

Bungalow Boxer
The Winter Blahs
Dec 19, 2017 11:49am
We have had some drop outs for the Winter Blahs/Winter is coming event - so sign on up! if you want to send a stamp please Send me a message there is still time (anything game of thrones related) I beleive there is a tracker for stamps check the event page.

Mtn. Girl
PLP's Birthday Bash
Jan 3, 2018 2:41pm
Hi everybody! It is that time of year again!
We are planning our annual winter hike for Saturday January 20. I hope you all can make it!!! We have done this several times and the weather has been perfect for hiking! (30F-35F and almost no wind and sunny!...for this area of the world that is almost bathing suit weather-not that I am recommending wearing a bathing suit while boxing especially in January...).

BTW-it got up to 21F today, so don't let the fact that it is January scare you off! :)

Have fun and be safe!
-PLP
Kudis to Him!!
Jan 7, 2018 2:55pm
Thread
What an absolutely fun event.....great boxes and props, got to meet or see some of my boxing "heroes", and didn't freeze today! Thank you to everyone who contributed!!
Re: Kudos to Mim!!
Reply to: #955281 by Public Hand
Jan 7, 2018 2:56pm
Thread
Okay that will teach me to try this on a smartphone. That was supposed to be "Kudos to Him"!!
Reply to: #955282 by Public Hand
Jan 7, 2018 2:57pm
Thread
Okay I give up, Mim you know I love you!
Reply to: #955283 by Public Hand
Jan 7, 2018 3:05pm
Thread
Public Hand, I knew who you meant from the very first post!! ;^)

Such a fun event!! Thanks so much, Mim, for all of your efforts. And thank you for not making us go outside in the 12-degree weather today!!!
Reply to: #955284 by Rocklun
Jan 7, 2018 3:45pm
Thread
being a little generous there with the temps, I got 9 degrees! fun time with great people. thanks for bringing us all together.
Reply to: #955285 by burning feet
Jan 7, 2018 5:25pm
Thread
Thanks so much to Mim and her helpers for a wonderful ink-filled afternoon. It was definitely worth the drive for us! We were able to stamp up 47 traditional stamps in under 3 hours!! Thanks so much for keeping them indoors!! When we left home it was a balmy -1 degrees.

Jiffy and ATVRacer.
Jan 8, 2018 4:06am
Thread
Perhaps "Mr. Mim" can now be referred to as "Him?" ;-)

Cheers,

LB
Jan 8, 2018 5:55am
Thread
I forgot to mention that Southpaw and I saw an adult bald eagle flying overhead when we were stamping in at the "ice cube" in the lobby. A wildlife sighting without getting frostbite--yay!!
Re: Kudis to Him!!
Reply to: #955281 by Public Hand
Jan 8, 2018 7:31am
Thread
Bahahahahaha kudis to Him indeed!!!

Thanks, Mim. That was soooooooooooooooo much fun!! I had a blast seeing my boxing friends and loved making new connections. Everything was adorable. Wheeeeeee!
Reply to: #955323 by killer caterpillar
Jan 8, 2018 7:49am
Thread
also had a blast... thanks Mim!
Reply to: #955329 by west dover quidditch team
Jan 8, 2018 8:12am
Thread
I thank Him daily and I'm thanking Mim today for all the work, planning, preparations and last minute detours planning this event involved. It was!!
And thanks to all the carvers.
Reply to: #955319 by LightninBug
Jan 8, 2018 3:45pm
Thread
Great! Thanks to Public Hand and the genius of Lightnin Bug, after 10 years, my husband finally has a trail name!
Planning way ahead
Jan 11, 2018 8:34am
Thread
Is anyone thinking about spending time before or after the L & B event in Oct. in Texas? I'd like to make the trip VERY worthwhile and spend more time seeing some of Texas, and need I say, MORE boxes. Can we ever get enough?
Re: Planning way ahead
Reply to: #955459 by Sagacorn
Jan 11, 2018 1:48pm
Thread
Is anyone thinking about spending time before or after the L & B event in Oct. in Texas?

Yep. We're planning to visit three National Parks, cross into Mexico briefly, and look for birds/bats/snakes/javelinas/armadillos/etc. Most of our letterboxing will be at the event, but we hope to pick up/plant a few more boxes during our travels.
Praying for all of you
Mar 2, 2018 5:32pm
Thread
Hope you are holding tight, keeping warm, and doing ok through this storm. I am watching the weather channel and saying prayers for all of you.

TeachJR
Re: Praying for all of you
Reply to: #957470 by TeachJR
Mar 3, 2018 5:53am
Thread
So very kind of you. Many, many folks here in the Northeast are having a horrendous time this winter.
Re: Praying for all of you
Reply to: #957470 by TeachJR
Mar 5, 2018 2:32pm
Thread
It's been a crazy few days! Thankfully we have a generator, and none of the trees that fell came near any of our structures :-)

Now to clear this mess and get ready for my Letterboxers Egg Hunt in a few weeks ....

Warrior Woman
grateful to be remembered during the storm
Portsmouth NH /Southern Maine
Apr 23, 2018 8:18pm
Thread
Looking for suggestions for quality boxes that are drive-by, indoors or short walks in Portsmouth NH, Kittery ME or Portland, ME.

Thank you in advance for advice.
Re: Portsmouth NH /Southern Maine
Reply to: #959439 by IrishRef
Apr 24, 2018 6:26am
Thread
Check our logbook for plants. We have several that are easy finds in Biddeford,Saco, Old Orchard Beach areas.

Ray
HD
Reply to: #959448 by Happy Daze
Apr 24, 2018 7:47pm
Thread
Yup! And the ice cream ones are great! Oh, and the ice cream is too!
Yum!🍦
Apr 25, 2018 5:56am
Thread
dingus dufus has a really yummy one in southern Maine. If you want to put a little work into figuring out the clue, you will definitely be rewarded.
Apr 25, 2018 7:05pm
Thread
There is a great series in the village of Kennebunk that we did last summer. Some were missing, but I can't say enough good things about the way it was set up - exciting and fun for our family, and a little bit of history along the way.
Apr 25, 2018 7:07pm
Thread
Called 'About town - Kennebunk (19)' planted by mudflinginfools
Reply to: #959502 by ADK oinkers
Apr 30, 2018 10:52am
Thread
We did this series too, a nice day spent in Kennebunk.