A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers

Re: Host gifts
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971721 by Linden Leaf
Feb 20, 2019 6:35am
Thread
I did my first inchie/quisps, but they weren't under the label. It was a bonus surprise for my players. :)

I was going to make another one for a different tracker, but I think my cat got ahold of the stamp. It is missing...
Reply to: #971661 by LROSEM
Feb 20, 2019 7:52am
Thread
Back when I used bubble mailers I'd always include an extra card or something. The basic postage covered an extra ounce that was being wasted anyway and thickness didn't matter. Now that a bubble mailer costs $4 MORE than a flat mailer, I've switched over and I'm limited by weight and thickness/bumpy. I try to remember to add an extra few cards when I can.
More swaps (because it's snowing)
Feb 20, 2019 12:22pm
I know there are a lot of trackers going on right now, but we're home on a snow day today so I had some time to post some ideas I've been thinking about. I hope you'll consider these. Thanks!

Another 5-for-5

Ohh, Shiny!
Reply to: #971811 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 20, 2019 6:28pm
Thread
They were the re-usable kind and I did have the AQ number on the back. Which is why it was confusing as to why they were not acknowledged nor recorded.
Cheers for Beers!
Feb 21, 2019 6:46am
April 7 is National Beer Day - Making this the third year of celebrating Plant A Beer Day and last year I made a ltc with my brewery stamp and then never did anything with it so I thought this year I'd host a ltc tracker, Cheers for Beers!

Please consider not only partaking in Plant A Beer Day but also making a ltc with your carve for Cheers for Beers.
Trade LTCs for Stamps?
Feb 22, 2019 6:42am
Thread
Now that we are back at it, I am trying to get our area planted pretty well. Does anybody have any stamps or series of stamps that you are not using and would be willing to send me?

I have LTCs from before we took our unplanned hiatus. Thus, they are at least several years old if not older, so maybe you do not have them yet.

I would be happy to trade my LTCs for your stamps. Please tell me what you have and how many LTCs you would like in exchange.

Thank you! 😁
Re: Trade LTCs for Stamps?
Reply to: #971937 by RDHG
Feb 22, 2019 7:29am
Thread
I have tons of stamps from all the LTCs I've made. If you look in my LTC logbook and find anything you would like to plant, let me know and I'll see if I have the stamp. They are just sitting in my closet, might as well be used, only a handful of finders in my area, so it's not worth planting them here.
Reply to: #971938 by Topcollector
Feb 22, 2019 8:37am
Thread
Thank you very much! I sent you a message but wanted to comment here so that people did not think that I was being rude and ignoring your comment and then judge me.

My name is Blurry Face, and I
care what you think.
🤣

(Anybody...? Anybody?)
Reply to: #971661 by LROSEM
Feb 22, 2019 10:13am
Thread
Well crap! I have failed you! But now I shall begin my quisping process and create some fun little surprises for all you host/hostesses LOL I apologize for not being more on the ball!

As for those who have sent those fun little random extras, I do greatly appreciate it! And it brings a smile to me always!

So now, Hello Pinterest, what can we carve!!
Re: LTC Newbie
Reply to: #971733 by Astrophel
Feb 22, 2019 10:16am
Thread
I am sending you a ton of LTC's today! My box runneth over! I hope you enjoy them!!
thoughts?
Feb 22, 2019 2:04pm
Thread
was thinking...How might the LTC community share more of its art with the LB community in general. First thoughts for me were to post images of swap cards, either individually or a pict of the collection, on AQ. But where on AQ so others can see, be inspired, maybe join our crafting?
Re: thoughts?
Reply to: #971965 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Feb 22, 2019 2:47pm
Thread
I don't find that posting pictures on AQ is all that user friendly. When I talk to ltc newbies I send them a list of about 5 blogs that are run by LTC makers who post photos of their cards. I tell them they can look through those photos as they wait for their welcome package :-)

Is there any way we can get a hold of addresses of letter boxers and send them cards like we do for the LTC welcome packages? I wouldn't say that it would have to be done all the time. Maybe just a once a year internet style event. Kind of like how people do fundraisers? - Bring awareness to ltc's. You could sign up for the event. And then a non LTC maker can be matched with an LTC maker and the LTC maker can send them an envelope of five or so cards of their own or of other people's. Each LTC maker would be out the postage. But then it wouldn't put all of the weight on one person to ship however many envelopes out for the "awareness fundraiser".

Oh. How about another idea. You can match a non LTC maker with an LTC maker and they can be kind of like a secret santa person. Only there's no secret involved. The LTC maker can send LTC cards to that letterboxer throughout the year.
Reply to: #971976 by Linden Leaf
Feb 22, 2019 3:26pm
Thread
I made a bunch of LTCs for the first event that I went to - to commemorate the event, and not that many people wanted them. It seemed they were very into boxing but not into LTC collecting. I found a few takers. I wonder how many people are into both or if folks tend to be one or the other?
Re: LTC Newbie
Reply to: #971954 by jlsd0218
Feb 22, 2019 3:42pm
Thread
mine is that way too! wuzzup? Did you notify the webmaster(s)?

wait, wait...cards are listed too. Just looks weird. looks like a d-board except this is the summary view instead of expanded. weird.

There used to be only 100 listings per page and now it's a complete list.
Reply to: #971944 by RDHG
Feb 22, 2019 4:19pm
Thread
Thanks. I'm going to go through my box.
Reply to: #971976 by Linden Leaf
Feb 23, 2019 12:38am
Thread
Love this idea. But I also think it would be fun to have a place on AQ to share images. Someone could talk to Ryan about seeing if there’s a way to do something that’s more user friendly.
Reply to: #971721 by Linden Leaf
Feb 23, 2019 6:16am
Thread
Yay for Quisps !!
Reply to: #971980 by Basset Mom
Feb 23, 2019 6:22am
Thread
I was given my first LTC at an event and was pleased but a bit mystified- what was it for?? A few years later I decided to try making some and have enjoyed it. But when I’ve been to events I find most people are not that interested. They are more interested in getting out on the trail and doing exchanges and event boxes. It would be fun to actually trade face to face but mostly I’ve just had one-way gift situations, newbie bundles, and the trackers. I’m not very aggressive, though, so maybe I’m just missing opportunities!
Reply to: #971944 by RDHG
Feb 23, 2019 2:52pm
Thread
Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days....
Reply to: #972051 by Procyon
Feb 23, 2019 2:58pm
Thread
I want to love this comment, but this is not Facebook. 🤣
Reply to: #972052 by RDHG
Feb 24, 2019 7:51am
Thread
Where are you located? We have 2 or 3 we could send you.
In the mood for a good MURDER mystery???? A. Christie fans
Feb 24, 2019 9:20am
You are Hercule Poirot, the world famous Belgium detective. You are traveling to Paris on the world famous Oriental Express. Being on the glamorous train, you expect a tranquil ride with rich and noble people you see boarding with you.

Having read the brochure, you note the rich and decadent menus. You see that as a luxury train has a smokers lounge, a library, a Dinner's Rotunda , a Gambling Room, a luxurious bar, designer caboose vestibule with balcony, to name a few rooms of the sensation train. Grateful for such luxuries, you know that you shall not be bored!

But as the train pulls out from Constantinople, someone is plotting the perfect time, in the place to commit the perfect murder . . . a murder that will rock the train and all of its passenger.

Can you, Hercule Poirot, solve this dastardly deed in time? OR will the villain get away with it?

Calling all Agatha Christie fans!

Calling all Hercule Poirot fans!

Calling all CLUE fanatics!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10159
Reuse...why?
Feb 27, 2019 8:54am
Thread
Ugh... I'm such a whiner today. My least favorite thing is making taped reusable envelopes. Somebody come do it for me please. And bring tape cuz I'm almost out.
Re: Reuse...why?
Reply to: #972195 by Linden Leaf
Feb 27, 2019 10:36am
Thread
I refuse to make the large “flats” reusable, for so many reasons!! I enclose a second manila envelope, stamped, addressed to me, and folded in half. Easy, peasy!!
Reply to: #972196 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 27, 2019 11:06am
Thread
I don't even know how inexpensive the envelopes are. But I'm in more swaps than you are so I figure maybe it would start adding up?
Reply to: #972197 by Linden Leaf
Feb 27, 2019 11:46am
Thread
They are sold on Amazon at a 100-pack for $11 and change, so, roughly 11-cents apiece? Well worth it to me not to deal with the tape to begin with, much less figuring out how/where to remove the tape-on-tape when it comes back, and not destroy the envelope in the process.
Reply to: #972201 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 27, 2019 12:01pm
Thread
Oh sweet Amazon. I'm going to go find them!
Reply to: #972195 by Linden Leaf
Feb 27, 2019 6:06pm
Thread
I’ll be happy to come do it for you! 😄
It’s thereaputic for me. It’s a mental state.

Plus I love it when they become dog-eared with history.

Ugh... I'm such a whiner today.

Joke: what did the grape say when she was stepped on? Nothing, she just let out a little whine.

😎
DZ
Reply to: #972201 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 27, 2019 6:17pm
Thread
Envelopes Can be recycled but once tape is layered on then it’s only reusable. Tough choice
Reply to: #972214 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Feb 28, 2019 3:05pm
Thread
Recycle? Reuse? I am not prolific card maker, but last year one of my first taped bubble envelopes finally wore out. It was a sad moment. If I still had the ones that fell into black holes, I'd be envelope rich!
Now, I'm not so sure about taping more large flat envelopes. I have two out there somewhere, and one ready to use, and I don't think I will tape any more of them. It takes a lot of tape in places that aren't going to be touched by labels or stamps.
There is probably an elegant solution that costs almost nothing, is simple to make, and results in a high quality, durable envelope that will last a lifetime. I just don't know what it is.