About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers

New tracker
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Feb 12, 2019 12:31pm
Thread
We’ve had several requests to host another Visual Puns tracker. If you want to join again or missed out last time now’s your chance! 😄

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10138
Re: New tracker
Reply to: #971380 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 12, 2019 8:57pm
Thread
Full!! Thanks everyone!
Childhood fears and how my first tracker went
Feb 13, 2019 12:06am
Thread
People have all received their cards back from me on the valentine's swap. I am hosting another that still has room-childhood fears. It will be a pretty cool swap, I'm excited about mine, and there's gonna be some other great cards I'm sure. A theme with an intriguing scope. Thanks for trusting the newbie! I'm doing Just fine so far.
Re: Childhood fears and how my first tracker went
Reply to: #971396 by Neoterra
Feb 13, 2019 7:48am
Thread
I should correct this to one person hasn't yet received theirs in the mail.
Re: Childhood fears and how my first tracker went
Reply to: #971396 by Neoterra
Feb 13, 2019 9:10am
Thread
Here's the link!
Sad...
Feb 13, 2019 4:46pm
Thread
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10097

It's not full... :-( I just carved up my stamps for this tracker and you are going to miss out.

;-)
Re: Sad...
Reply to: #971417 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 5:22pm
Thread
I am not at that level of carving, but I can imagine that this is going to be a beautiful set of cards. Hopefully the tracker will fill soon!
Reply to: #971418 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 5:28pm
Thread
Oh. Well I am just teasing. ;-)

But on a side note, do not like your carvings?
Feb 13, 2019 5:29pm
Thread
Woman, you are killing me!
Must. have. self. control...
Must. have. self. control...
Re: Sad...Linden Leaf
Reply to: #971419 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 5:44pm
Thread
Forgive me, but I could not decipher your side note. 😉
Reply to: #971422 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 5:57pm
Thread
Ack!! Ok. Do you like your carvings?
Reply to: #971420 by The Vs
Feb 13, 2019 5:59pm
Thread
Ooh...the V's...I'm your facebook friend. I could entice you with a photograph....muhahahaha!!
Reply to: #971424 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 6:02pm
Thread
Aah. I am pleased with some of my carvings, and I feel like a novice with others. I have no confidence carving people, and I feel like I cannot find a gouge narrow enough for some details.
Reply to: #971418 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 6:52pm
Thread
Honestly, I feel intimidated sometimes, but it's something in me.
Words of encouragement. ... your art should make you happy. Find your joy not in comparison to others, but something you created that means something to you. I bet they are great!
This is the most helpful, encouraging group of people. Everyone is so supportive & shares tips & techniques.
Reply to: #971426 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 7:09pm
Thread
Oh ok. I don't know if anyone is really ever satisfied with a their details. It seems it's a natural tendency to push ourselves at times to carve more detail than some of our previous stamps. But at least you are pleased with some of your stamps. Otherwise it would be discouraging!!
Reply to: #971425 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 7:57pm
Thread
Nope. No. Not gonna look! I always think my cards look like a kindergartner made the compared to the amazing things you all create!!
Reply to: #971429 by The Vs
Feb 13, 2019 8:06pm
Thread
Well if that's what you think(which is totally not a true interpretation)...then I will tell you that I like kindergarten artwork and would love to see it in my queens swap.
Feb 14, 2019 6:21am
Thread
I know I'm late to this party but I just wanted to say that often times I feel the same as you. I join LTC trackers because I enjoy the time I spend on them even when they look like juvenile art compared to others. I've learned not to compare myself to the LTC masters and just do what brings me joy.
Feb 14, 2019 8:19am
Thread
OK, I will join, and will try something new (to me). Will this be a wonderful card? Oh, dear ~ no promises!
Feb 14, 2019 10:50am
Thread
Don't tempt me like this! You know I always enjoy your trackers! Your cards are always wonderful!

::Must stay strong..::
::Already working on cards for another tracker::
::Must stay strong::
::But this tracker is due before the other one::
::Must stay strong..::
Reply to: #971446 by Only Dreaming
Feb 14, 2019 10:56am
Thread
No. You are weak. You have no self control.
Feb 15, 2019 5:42am
Thread
Mrs V - Are you kidding me? I always look forward to your cards and I am always excited to be in a swap wth you! LOOK, LOOK!!!
Feb 16, 2019 11:47am
Thread
Jiffy, thank you for taking the last spot! I was on the fence about doing it. But I wasn't sure if I could fit it in time.
Host gifts
Feb 17, 2019 4:38pm
Thread
I just wanted to remind people that when you join an LTC tracker, although not necessary, a host(ess) gift is always a nice touch.
Re: Host gifts
Reply to: #971661 by LROSEM
Feb 17, 2019 7:10pm
Thread
I look at it as a two-way thing. The host tends to host a theme that she/he likes. And the participants join because they either like the theme or they like the hosts and would like to support that host by filling the tracker. If it wasn't for the participants there would be no host. And likewise if there was no host there would be no participants. It's kind of like what came first, the chicken or egg?

So...a participant gift is always a nice touch... ;-)
Feb 17, 2019 8:22pm
Thread
a host(ess) gift is always a nice touch

Just to clarify for anyone new-ish to LTC trackers, hostess gifts do NOT include wine, homemade cakes or pastries, vases of flowers, or the like :-) Participants sometimes include 1 or 2 LTC’s, quisps, etc. from their own stash of extras, or maybe a few extra postage stamps for the host to use on future trackers. It’s a nice gesture used to thank the host, but is always optional.
In reverse, some hosts will include an extra LTC of their own, in the participants’ envelopes when they return the tracker cards. Again, it’s optional, a nice gesture to thank the participants in your tracker.
When I first started making cards, I didn’t have a “stash” to use for gifts, so I would send a few extra postage stamps and a “thank you for hosting” note. When I have hosted, I’ve made two cards in the theme, one for my tracker card, and a second as a bonus for my participants.
Feb 17, 2019 11:21pm
Thread
An example please, of what would be an appropriate gift?
Reply to: #971678 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 18, 2019 6:43am
Thread
Just to clarify for anyone new-ish to LTC trackers, hostess gifts do NOT include wine, homemade cakes or pastries, vases of flowers, or the like

I won't turn those away though. ;)
Reply to: #971682 by InkTap
Feb 18, 2019 6:56am
Thread
An example please, of what would be an appropriate gift?

More LTCs or a quisp.
Reply to: #971678 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 18, 2019 6:57am
Thread
When I first started making cards, I didn’t have a “stash” to use for gifts, so I would send a few extra postage stamps and a “thank you for hosting” note.

I always send one or more extra LTCs/quisps to the host as a thank you for hosting. However, there's one frequent host who is in pretty much every swap I'm in, so I rarely have any extra cards to send her. So she gets postage. :^)