Search Edit

Read Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers

Re: LTC
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #156090 by Jman
Nov 22, 2007 3:43pm
Thread
Jman--

an LTC is a trading card, like a baseball card, only it has your own artwork on it. And your artwork must include the image of one of your hand-crarved stamps.

it must also be a certain size (2.5x3.5 I think--check the info about them again to make sure that's right)

they are a version of ATCs (artist trading cards) which you can find a lot of information about on the internet.

hope that helps.
Re: LTC #5: For First-Timers
Reply to: #156094 by Batty Girl
Nov 22, 2007 3:43pm
Thread
Is it like a exchange if so can you record it as a exchange?
Nov 22, 2007 3:51pm
Thread
I might be interested in this. I have done origami ATC's before, so I am familiar with the whole ATC idea.

Magical Music Man
Nov 22, 2007 4:00pm
Thread
How do we sign up for this?

Suziecurls
Reply to: #156104 by Suziecurls
Nov 22, 2007 4:04pm
Thread
Quote How do we sign up for this?

To sign up, do a search under "trackers" for LTC. The click on #5. Or, I can add you. Just AQ mail me if you want me to add you.

Batty Girl
Reply to: #156096 by Jman
Nov 22, 2007 4:05pm
Thread
Quote I will do it if you can send them out of a mail box

Yes, they can be sent through any mail box. The finished packet will be smaller than a typical postal letterbox.

Batty Girl
Reply to: #156099 by Jman
Nov 22, 2007 4:06pm
Thread
Quote Is it like a exchange if so can you record it as a exchange?

You would mark it as found in the system, and it will be recorded as an LTC found, since Ryan just added that category of boxes to AQ.

Batty Girl
Reply to: #156104 by Suziecurls
Nov 22, 2007 4:07pm
Thread
Thanks. I tried to find it under LTC and Poastals. It never occured to me to look for tracker.

Suziecurls
Nov 22, 2007 4:22pm
Thread
Is there a specific theme for these LTC's?

Magical Music Man
see what you've started Mama Cache!
Nov 22, 2007 4:56pm
see what you've started Mama Cache!----and I thank you! I think I'm going to love this new (at least to me) aspect of letterboxing! I used to do ATCs, and so this will be a wonderful addition to my new addiction to letterboxing!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

HopeAB
I have extras
Nov 22, 2007 5:10pm
Thread
I have extras cuz I make 30 of each one. Twenty are for the ltc ring and the extras are just that but only a limited amount. I'm not sure what I've got but in the next couple of days I'm going to try to catch up on all my letterbox stuff and When I come across them(I put them away so I wouldn't lose them) I'll let you know what I've got to trade. :)

-HG (Gobble, Gobble)
Re: I have extras
Reply to: #156118 by HG's Crew
Nov 22, 2007 5:14pm
Thread
cool can I have one?
Does anyone do ATC/LTC's in the CT area?
Nov 22, 2007 5:27pm
Thread
I'm very new to this..... only done some mediocre greeting cards in the past. I need someone to walk me through this really cool idea! Help!

Music Woman
Re: Does anyone do ATC/LTC's in the CT area?
Reply to: #156121 by Bungalow Boxer
Nov 22, 2007 5:28pm
Thread
I do them in the NY area best I can offer... sorry
Reply to: #156112 by Mu
Nov 22, 2007 6:17pm
Thread
Quote Is there a specific theme for these LTC's?

LTC #5 won't have a theme. You can do anything you want.

Batty Girl
making LTC
Nov 23, 2007 6:53am
Thread
Can your LTC be printed out or do people like them made ???
Re: making LTC
Reply to: #156219 by Jman
Nov 23, 2007 6:55am
Thread
I'm not positive, but I'm guessing that people would want them made. But I think mixed media is fine, so if some part of it was printed, or digital, it would be okay.
S
Nov 23, 2007 7:01am
Thread
ok I was not sure eather thanks Ill keep asking around
LTC's and "How Many?"
Nov 23, 2007 7:31am
Several have asked me about the number of copies that should/could be made of the same card. The question comes about because a certain number is requested when you join a ring for trading them.

Let me explain: Suppose I create a ring for LTC's and I ask each participant to make 15 cards for trading. They will make 15 cards, send them to me for sorting, and I'll send a set of them back to each participant.

Now, what if I want to make more than 15, and I want to share the rest with other letterboxers, family, etc. How should I number these? Is this okay?

It's fine to make as many as you desire to create and to share them with others outside the ring. Just like postals, I wouldn't share the same card in another ring that included people who had already received your card.

When it comes to numbering cards, let me explain a little about "editions":

1. Originals/Singles - These are LTC's that are created with no copies. In other words, you will not make any others like them. If you trade this with someone, that person can be sure that he or she will be the only one ever to receive this card.

2. Limited Editions - These are LTC's that are created and numbered in a way that lets the owners know that only a certain number of these will ever be made. For example, I hosted the "Maiden Voyage" ring to introduce the idea of LTC's to other letterboxers. The card that I created was a set of about 15 or so, and I will never make any others like that card. I numbered them: 1/15 (one of fifteen), 2/15 (two of fifteen), etc.

3. Unlimited Editions - These are LTC's that a creator wants to continue to make beyond the first set. In this case, you can number them: 1, 2, 3, etc. Some don't even number them at all.

Many of the questions that have been sent to me about numbering cards had to do with the fact that people wanted to create more than they were sharing in the ring. In the end, it doesn't really matter how you number them or how many you make. However, if you use the numbering suggested above, that will help to communicate to others what they own. Then if you become a rubber stamp artist, (grin) the owners of your works of art will understand their value. (More grins.)

All that to say, don't worry about breaking rules with your numbering system. If you change your mind about how many you will create, that's not a big deal.

When it comes time for Ryan to create attributes, etc. for these, I'll suggest that he make categories for originals/singles, limited editions, and unlimited editions.

Mama Cache
Nov 23, 2007 7:54am
Thread
Can your LTC be printed out or do people like them made??

One of the things that sets an LTC apart from other trading cards is that LTC's include at least one hand-carved stamp image in the design of the card. Other aspects of the card can use other media, such as the printing of a digital image (a background, for example). But there really should be a stamped image on it to call it a "Letterbox" Trading Card.

Mama Cache
Reply to: #156228 by Mama Cache
Nov 23, 2007 7:59am
Thread
Could all the trading cards be hand carved???
Reply to: #156229 by Jman
Nov 23, 2007 8:07am
Thread
Could all the trading cards be hand-carved?

Do you mean, can all of the images be hand-carved on your card? If so, then the answer if, "Yes" -- but they don't all have to be.

MC
Reply to: #156231 by Mama Cache
Nov 23, 2007 8:12am
Thread
Ya that was what I was wondering thanks
making the trading cards
Nov 23, 2007 10:08am
Thread
When you make the LYC dose the design have to be the same on all of the cards or does there have to be a different design on every card?
Re: making the trading cards
Reply to: #156258 by Jman
Nov 23, 2007 10:54am
Thread
You can do a set where all of the cards in the set are the same.
Signing up?!?!
Nov 23, 2007 2:09pm
Thread
Ok, so how do you sign up for these??

I searched for "LTC" and they came up, and some said open, and some said closed. When I clicked on the open ones many did not give any info.

I searched for "Trackers", but none of them were distinguished as "LTC", so where do you start???

I did sign up for the beginner Tracker #5, but this wa the exception, not the rule.

Should I just be patient and allow Ryan to finish getting the kinks out of this new attribute, or is there a easier way to do this???
Re: Signing up?!?!
Reply to: #156306 by Jet Fuel Only
Nov 23, 2007 2:16pm
Thread
Quote Ok, so how do you sign up for these??

I searched for "LTC" and they came up, and some said open, and some said closed. When I clicked on the open ones many did not give any info.

I searched for "Trackers", but none of them were distinguished as "LTC", so where do you start???

I did sign up for the beginner Tracker #5, but this wa the exception, not the rule.

Should I just be patient and allow Ryan to finish getting the kinks out of this new attribute, or is there a easier way to do this???

As far as I know, the LTC #5 tracker is the only open one right now. You can go through the LTC list and contact individuals to see if they want to trade.

Batty Girl
Experience Needed
Nov 23, 2007 4:31pm
Okay, I signed up for the LTC ring, and I should be receiving a single or two, but I really want to receive several before I design my own. Would anyone like to send me one or two? If so, contact me, and I'll send you me addy.

Mandy
gj
have more
Nov 23, 2007 4:34pm
I have 18 more HAVE A APPLE ltc left if any one wants one!!!
16 more
Nov 23, 2007 5:59pm
I have 16 more spots left for my LTC