Reply to: #275907 by SubRosa
Sep 1, 2008 11:05am
Thread
Yeah for Cindy, that is so awesome!!
Please pray for Lindsey
Board: Prayer and Healing
Sep 2, 2008 6:34pm
Thread
First let me say how much I love each of you guys who read this board. Most of you I will never meet but you manage to encourage me just the same. I never hesitate to bring a prayer request to you because I know that each of you FAITHFULLY pray for ne anothers needs.

As most of you know we are awaiting the birth of Desi and Darren's (drgdlg's baby). This will be my first born grandchild. What you may or may not know is that my middle daughter Lindsey and her husband Michael are expecting my 2nd grandchild in October. I just got a call from Lindsey and they are rushing her to the hospital. There seems to be some sort of problem with the baby. She called me with some questions about how she was feeling and I told her to hang up and call her doctor who has promptly ordered her to the hospital. Could be nothing. I don't know. But I do ask each of you to pray for her and Marlee. I am so torn. Waiting to go to SC to be with Desi or waiting to go to AL to be with Lindsey and trying to take care of Jdog all in the same breath. I should have an update on Lindsey in the next several hours so will keep everyone posted.

I covet your prayers. Thanks you so much!
hawkeye
Re: Please pray for Lindsey
Reply to: #276576 by hawkeye
Sep 2, 2008 6:36pm
Thread
Praying that it will turn out to be nothing. Hugs to all of you!

Knit Wit
Sep 2, 2008 7:11pm
Thread
I'm praying.
Sep 2, 2008 7:13pm
Thread
We can't, God can, I think I'll let him.

They are some of the hardest words we ever utter, Hawkeye. Our prayers now are for healing and help as HE sees fit. We will keep that in prayer and keep watching for your posts.

It truly is a miracle, birth. How many of us take it so for granted. At 19 and 21, I never thought of "all that can happen". He has his hand on you now, and HE has his hand on your family as well.

YOU are doing what you can even now seeking HIM through the prayers of those here.

Granny Butterfly and Coffee Mug
Sep 2, 2008 7:16pm
Thread
Oh, hawkeye, I never stopped thinking of Lindsey from before when you posted about her. I so hope that it's just some false alarm and you hear from her very soon!
Reply to: #276587 by The Wolf Family
Sep 2, 2008 7:20pm
Thread
I will update everyone as soon as I hear anything. The hospital is 45 minutes from where they live so they should be there by now. Hopefully the wait won't be long and I will have some news soon. I am waiting to hear before I decide what to do. Since sleep is out of the question at this point.....

Thanks everyone for your prayers. You are an awesome group of people :-)

Hugs,
hawkeye
Sep 2, 2008 7:31pm
Thread
We'll join in and Lift your whole bunch up in prayer. Keep us posted !
10:45 update on Lindsey
Sep 2, 2008 7:47pm
Thread
Just got a call from Michael and they have Lindsey under observation. Not real sure just what is happening yet. Still waiting.....
Re: 10:45 update on Lindsey
Reply to: #276601 by hawkeye
Sep 2, 2008 7:59pm
Thread
Still praying.
Reply to: #276603 by Coffee Mug
Sep 2, 2008 8:09pm
Thread
I will also be praying.
Reply to: #276601 by hawkeye
Sep 2, 2008 8:29pm
Thread
I hope the morning brings good news and answered prayers...
oceanwinds
Lindsey
Sep 2, 2008 8:31pm
Thread
Just talked to her and she is ok. They had given her some sort of shot to stop whatever was going on. She seemed in good spirits and a little more relaxed. They are sending her home.

I am so amazed at the goodness of God. He is so wonderful and an ever present help no matter what. How awesome that we can call on Him at any given moment and He is always right there. I am once again humbled by His goodness.

Just thinking out loud but how many of how think that Lindsey's closeness to Hurricane Gustav and the drop in barometric pressure could've had anything to do with this??
Hard times for True To The Trail!!
Sep 2, 2008 8:37pm
Thread
Folks Please think good thoughts and pray for my friend and his wife tonight and the rest of this week! He will be having emergency bypass surg. in the morning for 98% blockage in his heart! Doc told him he should not be alive right now!

To pile on . . .his dear sweet wife who is like a sister to me found a lump in her breat last week and the biopsy says it IS breat Cancer and she will have Surg. within the week! It is a bad tumor with out going into detail!

Folks . . . please do not sweat the small things in your life and enjoy each other while you can! As a nurse I can tell you "You are fine . . . untill you are not!"

I believe in the power of prayer and that is the only reason I will be able to sleep tonight! T :)
Re: Hard times for True To The Trail!!
Reply to: #276622 by T REX
Sep 2, 2008 8:40pm
Thread
breast cancer is what I ment to type sorry I am a bit upset right now!
Re: Lindsey
Reply to: #276620 by hawkeye
Sep 2, 2008 8:41pm
Thread
Praising God for this WONDERFUL news!
Thread
Will add them to my list.
Thread
Amen and Amen. God is GOOD!!!
Reply to: #276623 by T REX
Sep 2, 2008 8:42pm
Thread
It is understandable why you are upset... praying for your friends.
oceanwinds
Sep 2, 2008 8:55pm
Thread
Just thinking out loud but how many of how think that Lindsey's closeness to Hurricane Gustav and the drop in barometric pressure could've had anything to do with this??

Not sure about barometric pressure causing issues in pregnancy, but I know the stress of an oncoming storm could certainly trigger something.

I'm thankful that she is getting to head home more relaxed and pray that the rest of the pregnancy goes on without incident.

Hoping for an easy delivery for Desi & Darren, too.

~SHH :-)
Sep 2, 2008 9:17pm
Thread
We will lift them up in prayer!

7tw2
Reply to: #276631 by Inky Jedi
Sep 3, 2008 12:11am
Thread
Glad to here Lindsey is going home! Will continue to pray that all is well now. I'll also be praying for Desi and Darren as Hanna and Ike seem to want to come and visit Charleston just as they are expecting the arrival of Raileigh. (hope I remembered that correctly) Are they thinking they will have to evacuate?
FFQ
Reply to: #276666 by firefighterfamily
Sep 3, 2008 12:15am
Thread
When I last talked to Hawkeye last night, Desi and Darren were just sitting and waiting, hoping not to have to evacuate. The baby is due Friday!!
Reply to: #276666 by firefighterfamily
Sep 3, 2008 3:10am
Thread
As for Desi and Darren.... no plans to evacuate just yet. The area they live in is very prone to flooding. I mean in a heavy reain they can't get out. Guess that's why it's called the "low country". Right now we are playing a waiting game. Desi goes to the doctor on Friday. Kind of waiting to see what doc says before plans are made. I've got this image in my head of everyone trying to leave and me trying to get in. Here again, just trusting God to work it out. :-)

Thanks again for all of your prayers!!

hawkeye
Reply to: #276640 by 7trailwanderers
Sep 3, 2008 3:12am
Thread
Praying for Skip and his wife Rex. Let me know if I can do anything.

hawkeye
Sep 3, 2008 4:44am
Thread
Praying that Lindsey and baby are okay. I hope the doctors find the source of the problems and get it taken care of. May God watch over everyone!
Reply to: #276671 by hawkeye
Sep 3, 2008 5:38am
Thread
Your patience and faith are really being tested. By now I am sure you are saying that you know GOD doesn't give you more than you can handle with his help, but you wish HE wouldn't trust you so much!!

I just think of poor Mary at times like this, so near her delivery day, and riding on a donkey into Bethlehem.

Can anyone relate? I remember those last 2 CAR rides!!!

Love and smiles as well. Granny
Sep 3, 2008 5:42am
Thread
Someone said once if you can't be grateful for what you have, be grateful for what you don't have.

Having had a lumpectomy in September and then a series of questions at the year point of the first mammo this year, all now OK, I am grateful for what I don't have.

Praying that your friends are well and coming through their valleys of shadows with HIS help.
Sep 3, 2008 6:49am
Thread
I'll be praying for them and if you need someone to watch Jdog bring her over and I'll watch her for you. I can take her to and from school for a few days if you need the help.
May God bring you peace and strenght.

Oread
Great news about True to the Trail!
Sep 3, 2008 11:34am
Thread
HEY! I just got back from hospital! GREAT NEWS!!
Skip is out of surg. The doc came out shaking his head and said he had never seen anything like it . . . . what was to be a 4-6 hour surg. only took 2 hours . . . his heart ran on its own the whole time . . . and he did not even need any blood transfusions!
None of these things are the way it happens usually! He is in CCU but was able to give me the thumbs up when he saw me!

God IS good! Prayer is Awesome . . . Thanks to all of you! you Rock!

Now if we can just get through breat cancer surg later in the week all will be graced! T :)