Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

Re: A Series About Letterboxing Addiction
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #979954 by Baqash
Oct 2, 2019 8:14am
Thread
Thank you! Ah, yes, that is true, too.
nurse Letterboxers going to magnet conference?!
Oct 4, 2019 1:28am
Any nurse letterboxers heading to Orlando for the big Magnet conference want to meet up? Or any FL LB local to Orlando and want to visit?! I'm glad to be heading toward sunshine next week and will be bringing my LB stuff "just in case"! :) Let me know!
Eevil Countdown
Oct 5, 2019 9:26am
Thread
I have been thinking about the Eevil Countdown widget lately. I have wanted to look at the letterboxes on this list that haven't yet been found. I don't know if I can actually solve one of them, but I want to look again.

None of the links show just those unfound. The best way that I found to do this was to click on 9 of 82 then edit the search and check Show only unfound boxes. Is this the best way to run this search, or am I missing a link?

Also, even though the widget shows "9 of 82", with the above search I only see 8. Is Eevil so evil that some boxes are still hidden? I guess this is so because the original search shows me only 68.
Re: Eevil Countdown
Reply to: #980076 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 5, 2019 10:42am
Thread
Also, even though the widget shows "9 of 82"

I only see 8.

Because 7 ate 9
Oct 5, 2019 11:53am
Thread
Also, even though the widget shows "9 of 82", with the above search I only see 8. Is Eevil so evil that some boxes are still hidden?

One of those listings is a series of two.

Mystery solved!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980078 by Green Tortuga
Oct 5, 2019 1:21pm
Thread
Congratulations Ryan on solving an Eevil mystery! ;)
Oct 5, 2019 1:22pm
Thread
Soooo - can anyone explain the Eevil boxes a bit? I clicked on the one for GA (box #249579)... and in the clue is a link - but the link seems to change everytime I click on it - and everytime I click on it - I think it takes me to a dummy domain search site?? Doesn't seem to be letterboxing related...

What am I missing here? Don't have to spoil any clues - just want to understand what I'm suppose to do to look into these more... ?

SHH
Reply to: #980082 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Oct 5, 2019 1:28pm
Thread
Many of the Eevil clues were hosted on www.eevilinc.com which ceased to be a couple years ago. :(

K
Reply to: #980082 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Oct 5, 2019 1:36pm
Thread
In the summer of 2014, known as the Summer of Eevil, a group of people got together and planted a number of very difficult mystery boxes with some very difficult clues.

Some of the links to clues are no longer current, which may be what you encountered. Some boxes were never found. Many of the clues were beyond difficult.

That pretty much sums it up. Mystery boxes with really difficult clues. If you want the clues to one of those seemingly no longer current links you could send an email and see if anyone responds. But there are boxes that still have workable clues without having to click on a link.
Reply to: #980083 by Kelsung
Oct 5, 2019 5:35pm
Thread
Many of the Eevil clues were hosted on www.eevilinc.com which ceased to be a couple years ago. :(

That means that Eevil has been defeated.
Reply to: #980095 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 6, 2019 12:42am
Thread
sUrE, If that helPS yoU slEeP At nIGhT.

(DoeS AnYbOdy ELsE sMElL bAcoN?)
Reply to: #980095 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 6, 2019 4:05am
Thread
That means that Eevil has been defeated.

Aw, now you’ve gone and done it....
Reply to: #980100 by Eevil
Oct 6, 2019 4:06am
Thread
Bacon and Fibonacci, nothing but trouble!
Reply to: #980102 by Sheba
Oct 6, 2019 9:09am
Thread
Quick! Somebody unscramble Eevil's capitalized letters!
Reply to: #980100 by Eevil
Oct 6, 2019 9:38am
Thread
The lInKS tO YoUr cluEs on EeVIl iNc dot Com Are Broken and THat domaiN has bEEn ccLAiMeD By aNotHer, sO IT woUld Take A trUely eeVil ACt To REclaim IT. do YoU Have thE resoluTIon to mAkE It HapPen? dO YOu Have EnouGh moNEy tO buy it Back? Will YoU Buy a dIffEreNt one?
Reply to: #980103 by PapaSolo
Oct 6, 2019 3:17pm
Thread
I got salami so far...
Reply to: #980116 by MichKathy
Oct 6, 2019 5:57pm
Thread
I got salami so far...

You really need to try the bacon.
Reply to: #980104 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 6, 2019 9:01pm
Thread
Well played, sir. Are you suggesting a Christmas gift?

TBTC
Reply to: #980123 by Eevil
Oct 6, 2019 10:11pm
Thread
Are you suggesting a Christmas gift?

NoT QuiTE cHRisTMaS, But woUld it Be readY BY thEn? cAN yU maKE it aLl hAppEn By THen? CAn YOu mAKE a seaSoN apprOpriate LEtteRbOx anD stAmp? cAn sOmeTHiNG From EeViL reaLly be A gooOD giFt?
My favourite emails are
Oct 7, 2019 5:56pm
Thread
[YOURBOX] found! Especially when they have a nice comment, as they so often do (thank you all :)

Always brightens up my email inbox considerably.
Re: My favourite emails are
Reply to: #980145 by coldsnap
Oct 8, 2019 3:53am
Thread
Agreed!! And I hear that this series is really awesome and deserves nice comments! 😉
Re: My favourite emails are
Reply to: #980148 by Rocklun
Oct 8, 2019 11:42am
Thread
😘
Dream Letterbox Event
Oct 11, 2019 9:31am
Thread
I had an interesting dream last night, the last dream of the night which is why I remember it.

I was at a letterboxing event, with at least 20 people there but there were probably more because there were people everywhere. I had forgotten my personal stamp. I was going to stamp the tabletop box stamps then carve a new personal stamp.

While I had been looking in my bag for my personal stamp I found two large (roughly 6"×8") stamps that I had carved for night boxes but hadn't yet planted. (They were very detailed stamps, but I can imagine better than I can carve.) One of them was only about half carved, but by the time I got it to the table and looked at it again it was fully carved. I noticed this inconsistency in my dream, and was trying to figure out what had happened.

Shortly after I had put them on the table for others to stamp, one of my stamps went missing. I was trying to find out where it and the other tabletop boxes had gone when I woke up.

First, have you ever dreamt of letterboxing or a letterboxing event? Are you willing to share?

Second, have you ever dreamt of something then wanted to carve it? I don't remember enough of the details of my stamps to carve then and I probably won't carve a stamp that large (especially for a night box), but I do want to carve a detailed stamp for a night box. A long time ago I carved a stamp for a night box but haven't yet planted it. Perhaps that is where the idea in my dream came from. I just looked for this stamp, but I haven't found it among my other stamps.

Third, does this bring up any interesting things you want to share?
Re: Dream Letterbox Event
Reply to: #980208 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 11, 2019 9:53am
Thread
I've had a few letterboxing dreams. Off the top of my head, I can only remember a few scenes from 2 of them. One was sort-of a road rally event through my neighborhood... a bunch of us piling into a few cars and driving around to find boxes (which don't currently exist).

The other was just letterboxing-related... let's just say I had recently read up on the office shenanigans of an infamous letterboxer, so in the dream, we were working at the same job.

I know I've had a few other letterboxing dreams, but they fade. I haven't had a dream of something to carve. While my dreams can be pretty involved productions, I generally don't get specific details in them. Faces and details are usually blurred. Or they don't make sense, like the dream of a math equation I wrote and was solving in a bar. The equation was made up of beers and cocktails across the bar top. It was so vivid in the dream (and I was so proud of it), but what the heck were the parentheses made of?!?
Re: Dream Letterbox Event
Reply to: #980209 by Rebiccola
Oct 11, 2019 11:03am
Thread
I often dream (or day-dream) about winning the lottery and taking all my awesome letterboxing friends on a two week trip to Dartmoor to explore the moor and find letterboxes. We stay at a quaint B&B that serves proper British tea, hunt letterboxes by day and by night hang out a a small pub that for some bizarre reason favors 90s pop karaoke nights at which I dream my letterboxing friends are excellent.
Reply to: #980083 by Kelsung
Oct 12, 2019 11:17pm
Thread
rUNNinG aN EeViL EmpIre iS hardeR tHAn IT seEMs ESpeCIally wHen plagUed wIth trOUbleSOMe iT IsSUes. aFTer fAilIng To reSPond To TortuRE iNcENtivES, i Had ThEm elimiNAteD.

aFTer ALl, I haVe HOrdEs of SERveNts oN aQ FoRced To do MY bidDiNg aftER they FAiled To dEFeAt ME duRinG the SummER of EevIl.
Letterbox
Oct 14, 2019 10:12am
Thread
Ok I found this package that say" Congratulations you found a LETTERBOX This is not trash! Do not discard ! No box or stamp or logbook inside was empty. How can I help make it right.
Re: Letterbox
Reply to: #980272 by Ranngar
Oct 14, 2019 10:21am
Thread
No box or stamp or logbook inside was empty. How can I help make it right.

Thanks for helping. There is no way to directly find out which box it is, but we can progressively work to find that information out.

First of all, where was it located. Start with the city, state and what road or park it is located along/in. Then people from that area can chime in and help figure out what box it is.
Oct 14, 2019 10:42am
Thread
Thanks so much for taking the time to try to find out. Planters really appreciate feedback on their boxes, and want to replace or update boxes that have been found to be damaged or missing. As stated above, any info you can provide about the location where you found the empty box would be helpful in determining which one it is, and contacting the person who planted it.
Oct 14, 2019 12:06pm
Thread
Hmm... I'm not sure if Ranngar is going to log back into AQ to check for replies so I tried emailing him (her?) at the email address they registered, but the email bounced.

So I hope they come back to AQ to read the replies because that's the only way we have of contacting him!

-- Ryan