A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

Re: new letterboxes
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #974531 by Fortnite Hacker
Apr 24, 2019 5:24pm
Thread
Haha. I have no idea who this is, but that trail name caught my attention. Can you tell that there might be tween and teen boys around here?
Apr 24, 2019 5:28pm
Thread
There is a widget for that.
Reply to: #974532 by RDHG
Apr 24, 2019 5:59pm
Thread
Haha. I have no idea who this is, but that trail name caught my attention.

Yes, very interesting trail name. Mine is from a name suggested by someone in a game I played in college. Perhaps this comes from the same (or similar) situation.

Can you tell that there might be tween and teen boys around here?

That would be very interesting if this is a new demographic that is attracted to AQ.
Apr 24, 2019 6:12pm
Thread
please send everyone a notice about every new letterboxes

https://www.imore.com/tip-quickly-insert-punctuation-iphone-keyboard-2

It was just too easy. Had to do it.
Reply to: #974539 by MissMoon
Apr 24, 2019 6:35pm
Thread
joined today! Welcome Fortnite Hacker! There are yahoo groups or you can just check the newly posted boards for new stuff.
Apr 24, 2019 10:19pm
Thread
The list of all the newest letterboxes can be found here:

https://www.atlasquest.com/results.php?typeId=1&timespan=week&sort=2&title=Newly+Listed+Boxes

However, those letterboxes could be anywhere around the world, and not necessarily the closest to you.
Reply to: #974542 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Apr 25, 2019 9:16am
Thread
There are yahoo groups

Those still exist? I'm surprised that Yahoo hasn't shut them down. Or sold them like they did with Flickr.

TG
Reply to: #974555 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 25, 2019 10:02am
Thread
Those still exist? I'm surprised that Yahoo hasn't shut them down. Or sold them like they did with Flickr.

Still there but definitely not very active. Letterboxing USA seems to be the most active with a whopping 26 posts in all of 2018, none in 2019. It is a shame, they used to be so much fun to read.
Reply to: #974556 by Janila
Apr 25, 2019 1:09pm
Thread
I just check LbGLK. It's actually relatively active.

2019 posts - Jan:87 Feb:96 Mar:78 Apr:78

I'm shocked.

TG
Reply to: #974575 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 25, 2019 1:19pm
Thread
In the Great Lakes group, we have a letterboxing bingo game that is run through the Yahoo group. So from December (sign up time) through April/May (end of the game), we have daily word posts, comments, puzzles, and so forth.
Yahoo! Groups for Letterboxing?
Apr 25, 2019 8:58pm
Thread
Doing a search under the Yahoo groups here, are those groups still active? Most of the results say that most groups haven't been active in a number of years. Is there a particular group or groups you belong to or prefer?
Re: Yahoo! Groups for Letterboxing?
Reply to: #974594 by The Lost Boys
Apr 25, 2019 9:00pm
Thread
I had no idea that Yahoo Groups even still existed until someone mentioned them in another post. The only LB group that I belong to that is still active is LbGLK (Great Lakes).

TG
Reply to: #974576 by Angel Winks
Apr 25, 2019 9:01pm
Thread
Wow, I had no idea that bingo was still going on either. I won a couple of times one year, but didn't have a use for most of the prizes I received, so I didn't play again.

TG
Reply to: #974595 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 25, 2019 9:12pm
Thread
That's exactly why I was asking! I saw that post. So I figured I didn't want to miss out on anything. :)
Reply to: #974597 by The Lost Boys
Apr 25, 2019 9:16pm
Thread
I know there are clues to boxes hidden on some of the Yahoo boards.
Reply to: #974596 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 3:27am
Thread
Wow, I had no idea that bingo was still going on either. I won a couple of times one year, but didn't have a use for most of the prizes I received, so I didn't play again.

Wow, I was lucky enough to win a couple of years ago and loved the prizes I received. Plus these last two years every day we get to enjoy the poetic wit of our bingo master.
Reply to: #974596 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 4:00am
Thread
I'm playing for the first time this year. Not winning, not losing...but enjoying the interaction with a different group

The poetry accompanying the daily word is entertaining! And there are some cryptic exchanges going on, but I haven't had time to tackle those.
Apr 26, 2019 4:31am
Thread
There were a couple of posts on the MidAtlantic board recently, along the lines of “is anybody here?” A couple of people answered but there’s been no chatter after that.
Apr 26, 2019 5:07am
Thread
The Texas board is relatively active. It's More active around event times.
Reply to: #974601 by Dawnkey
Apr 26, 2019 5:50am
Thread
I've played Bingo every year since I've been a letterboxer (10 years this summer) except 1 year. I enjoy the different interactions with letterboxers, the thrill (or not) or seeing what the word is each day, the interesting ways the words are presented (each Bingo Master has had his/her own style), and I love the ciphers! I am amazed at BaliWho's cleverness (and she's always willing to give me a nudge in the right direction if I can't figure out the cipher).

Prizes? I won twice in one year and thought they were just great. But the prizes aren't why I play. Bingo is just another way of staying a bit connected with the letterboxing community.

By the way, our Bingo game has not yet produced the final winner.

Oh! And, on another aside, there are clues to letterboxes hidden within our Letterbox Great Lakes site.
Reply to: #974555 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 6:44am
Thread
I'm not a part bc google somehow blocks me but I've heard they are still there!!
Re: How is that Power Plant Challenge going?
Reply to: #974412 by LadyRisa
Apr 26, 2019 2:14pm
Thread
I just got my 10th one planted today. I did it! Yea!
This was a great experience, and really forced me to get it done.
I still have about 5-6 more that I have carved and sitting in reserve. Now to get those out on the trail.m

Thanks again for the challenge!
:D
Maiden & thunderbird - much appreciated!!!
Apr 28, 2019 1:46pm
Atlas Quest has some amazing people in its community. Awhile back a noxer found one of my boxes, relocated it, rendering it a gypsy box. Special thanks goes out to Maiden who followed limited clues to track down the wandering box in Oregon and thunderbird who placed the box back to its Seattle home. What an amazing community this is!!!

I am so thankful for what you did!!! <3
Thank you to jlsd0218! A Walk in the Park
May 4, 2019 5:50pm
Thread
We had a wonderful time at Shakamak State Park in western Indiana for the event planned by jlsd0218! The rain didn't damper the spirits of anyone - great stamps, delicious potluck, perfect company, good chats, wonderful event log cabin! There was even a 3 year old photographer that stole my heart!

Thank you, Lindsey, for all of your hard work to put on this event!

TeachJR
Re: Thank you to jlsd0218! A Walk in the Park
Reply to: #974850 by TeachJR
May 4, 2019 5:56pm
Thread
Yes! Yes! I'm still enjoying my campfire and have more boxing to do tomorrow. Great event!
May 4, 2019 6:15pm
Thread
Thank you for all your hard work! We loved the many stamps, beautiful park, food, fellowship... We will defiantly be back for the stamps we missed :)
May 4, 2019 7:47pm
Thread
You all are soooo kind! I really enjoyed this event and seeing everyone! The rain didn't stop you because as I like to refer to you all... Letterboxers are hardcore, lol! I am so proud to have all of you as my letterboxing family. This day was special and all of you helped make it that way! So THANK YOU for helping make this a great event!
<3
Lindsey/Jlsd0218
Reply to: #974853 by jlsd0218
May 5, 2019 4:04am
Thread
Would've enjoyed the event, no doubt, but pre-committed to cheering on DH in his first Mini-Marathon. Great day for all!
Reply to: #974853 by jlsd0218
May 5, 2019 5:03am
Thread
I hope you plan another for next year. I so wanted to come, but like lots of others, sometimes we need to put family first :).

I enjoyed hearing others' comments and from my experience at GLG last year, I know the event was fabulous! Now enjoy yourself and get out and find some letterboxes!
May 5, 2019 8:33am
Thread
There was even a 3 year old photographer that stole my heart!

Yours wasn't the only heart stolen. DH had a delightful time entertaining and being entertained by this precious child.

Kudos for a great event.