Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
I thought that the prize was that the letterboxing community as a whole benefits from all the additional plants we now have to find! The patch and/or path tag are a fun marker of the event. Buying them in quantity is expensive - glad to contribute. I'...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you, Paper Trail, for saying what I was thinking. This challenge has encouraged me to clear my desk of 88 stamps and logbooks that have been sitting around for years. Now the fun begins as I get to begin carving guilt free again. I, too, am ha...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
I am happy to have more stamps to seek. There are not a lot of people in my area, yet I can occasionally travel with my husband when he goes out of town to work where there are more boxes planted. I wonder if we will be told how many boxes total were...
Whoa! Maybe you could call the Power Plant Challenge the Spring Cleaning Planting Challenge. šŸ˜‰ I imagine that it is a good feeling to get them all out into the wild and out of your home.
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
See I kinda agree with RIClimber and Coffeespoons. The prize is that we all get more boxes. But I've planted 142 boxes, driven over 20 hours to plant in places where they will actually be found, and it's a considerable cost for plastic, bags, and pink...
by RIclimberProfileContactLogbookNote
Others get the "Prize" of more boxes to find. I get the "Prize" of 100+ more boxes to maintain. I'm not in it for the "Prize" - I just want to beat PiggyJaunt!!
by Angel and DemonProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a non-Dartmoor question: is there anywhere aside from AQ where I should be looking for clues to boxes in the UK (ie London)?
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a non-Dartmoor question: is there anywhere aside from AQ where I should be looking for clues to boxes in the UK (ie London)? I just went to LbNA and entered England in the search box. Lots of stuff appeared. You can probably narrow it a bit by u...
by EidolonProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a non-Dartmoor question: is there anywhere aside from AQ where I should be looking for clues to boxes in the UK (ie London)? Dartmoor Bounders used to have a site that listed a lot of them. It has gone offline but you can still see the old clues...
by BinoBoxerProfileContactLogbookNote
I will be in London the end of August to leave on a cruise from Dover and would be very interested if anyone has success in London. Thanks
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
I found the register number from the original planting in 2004 here. Is it still on the register? Thanks for looking! WW
by Rocket RaiderProfileContactLogbookNote
I was there this past summer and looked up letterbox hybrids on geocaching.com. I was out in the country and with people who weren't going to drive far just for me to find a letterbox. It was the one way I found to easily locate possible letterboxes ne...
by MunkeybeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Luminaries with electric tealights.
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
Check out this very letterbox appropriate 2019 hallmark keepsake ornament! https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewphoto.php?photoId=146790
I would agree with you! Thank you for sharing that.
by BaqashProfileContactLogbookNote
Iā€™m sad to report that after a long and happy life of eleven years (110 lizard years) Larry Lizard has left his literary home at Nanini Library into permanent rest. His demise was likely the unfortunate result of a guest skimmer helping with shelf clea...
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
Condolences.
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I might actually have to get that one. Nice.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Do you suppose that is a real functioning compass?
by Goofy girlProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm so sorry for your loss! ((Hugs))
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Do you suppose that is a real functioning compass? True story: Martin Dies State Park had these really cool neon park shirts with a compass rose on them. Affixed to the back was a disclaimer warning purchasers not to use it for navigational purposes a...
by Phoenix RizingProfileContactLogbookNote
I gotta get that!!!
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Do you suppose that is a real functioning compass? As real and functioning as any.
by Trail FairyProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks so much Everyone! All the ideas and tips are extremely helpful!!
I managed to get 78 new traditional boxes hidden before my busy season at work hit. I have about 4 others ready for hiding but one of my hiding places didn't pan out the way I hoped so I didn't leave it... and another I just need to go over there and...
by THE RED CYCLONEProfileContactLogbookNote
Today I planted #8, 9, and 10. Woohooo!!! I made it. Did you see the 2 I dedicated to you? If not, check them out. You need to come back to Indian Trail and find them.
Awww did you really?? I'll look those up! I'll have to head back out there! You're the sweetest, thank you!
by MamaZukeProfileContactLogbookNote
What a great gift that would make for a fellow letterboxer! Thanks for the heads up!
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
I have to plant 3 more boxes before the end of the month to reach my 10. I don't know why it's been so hard to plant the final three! Kuddos to everyone who has been able to plant more!
by Cecilia57ProfileContactLogbookNote
I am on board with the ideas in Munkeybee's post, but the bottom line for me is, please do not widely announce a challenge and not mention until later that the prize will have to be paid for. Don't change the rules of the end date. I am delayed in get...