Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

by RebiccolaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Rebiccola is riveted by refined reproductions in rubber.
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
Super speedy pink stuff stylized signature stamps signifying symbolism and stoking seeker's stimulating searches.
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
Travel to terrifically talented trimmers' tableaux
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
And, in an un-solicited anonymous gesture of good will! LTC-ers are the best! DZ
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
Oooh! Do tell-what goodies did you get??😀
by jlsd0218ProfileContactLogbookNote
Uncommon, unique utensils creating the ultimate unsurpassed urban letterboxes!
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Very vehement vegans venerating valuable vegetables.
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Well, while wassa was waiting, watching words which were wittily written, wary walkers wandered widdershins without wobbling wildly. Woohoo!!!
A very nice corner rounding punch. It was such a treat arriving like it did - out of the blue. ECP has been wanting something like that so it was much appreciated! Like I said, the LTC community is the greatest! (thanks gmh!)
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Since nobody else wants to do X... This is definitely something I have seen in our hobby: Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts.
Exactos exsanguinating exhausted experts. So true, so true.
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
Yagimented Yaagers Yaply Yield Yummy Yantras (seriously, I've got to actually get some work done so somebody PLEASE take Z???!!!)
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Since nobody else wants to do X... Who said so? I just wasn't available at my keyboard at the time. Here is X, with the help of the internet. Xylotomous xerus xeroxed xanthic xeric xylocarps. I'll leave Z to someone else who wants to exercise their...
by ElleProfileContactLogbookNote
Zany zombies zigzagging zealously zestfully zeroing in on zone of clues.
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Does anybody remember when we could buy LnLs directly from the company in bulk for around $1.25 each? Wow, they are expensive now. Does anybody know a more affordable outlet for buying LnLs, or have you discovered a container that is just as water ti...
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
I use Freshness Keepers from Ocean State Job Lot, a LnL knockoff. Warrior Woman frugal
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
OK, so the down side of getting my beloved fomites involved in this hobby is when they come to you first thing in the morning and say, "Did you really make your reservations using your trail name?" in reference to something you posted, and you immediat...
by west dover quidditch teamProfileContactLogbookNote
sadly, of the three OSJL's I recently went to here in MA (NW of Boston), only one still had any FK's, and it looked like they were phasing them out at that. One of the stores instead was selling a box called 'think Fresh' instead... it markets with a...
Ah, we do not have those stores in North Carolina. Thank you for the tip, though. I did try Google to no avail.
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
If you have a Dollar Tree near any of you, we have found containers that are very hard plastic with flip up clasps. They sell in packages of 2 (and sometimes 3) for $1. This price of 2 for $1 makes them very affordable and they are very durable. Usu...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
If you have a Dollar Tree near any of you, we have found containers that are very hard plastic with flip up clasps. Bought a bunch of those, had to throw them out. The seal is made of something that rots to pieces within a couple of years in the wild.
I searched and found that someone recommended Sistema, which seems inexpensive. Have any of you tried them, and did they hold up to moisture?
by BaqashProfileContactLogbookNote
I live in the desert so can’t really answer to moisture question. However, sistema has a real hinge going in its favor instead of the creased flap that lnl’s had and break quickly (in letterbox time). I know Kurious Jo and woodaug from Washington state...
by Three FLAmigo'sProfileContactLogbookNote
We've had decent success with Sistema here in Florida. I pick them up at TJMaxx for $1.99 for the small 2 flap container. Is the perfect size for a single backed stamp and a logbook. I wash the containers in soap and water a couple of times and they a...
Seconding Sistema. We get ours at Target. We’ve had some that have been out for years and are still going strong. https://tinyurl.com/yxehc769
Maybe I will try some Sistema locally so that I can keep an eye on them with the spring rains.
by Origami HenProfileContactLogbookNote
If you have a Home Goods in your area, that's a good place to look for Sistema containers, as well as other similar lesser known brands that might work. There's generally a place in the kitchenware area that has a jumble of plastic storage containers f...
There are few letterboxers in our area. I am toying with the idea of offering a class in our local area about this fun, outdoor, scavenger hunt, hiking game. I have posted and have gotten interest based on that description. Now I am wondering what a...
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
I have taught a few letterboxing classes to girl scout troops and college students - we always start by talking about some of the very important concepts - including respect for nature, respect for personal property, safety, secrecy, etc. It's gone we...
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the topic. Maybe I am a bit nervous about losing boxes that I am just planting, but what can I do, right? I definitely agree with that last statement. Also, now that we are back at it, I am reminded that we wer...