Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Here is an example of making your own book.
by 4EyesMcGeeProfileContactLogbookNote
I just call them logbooks 😂 never used the term signatures. Lookie that. You can teach an old dog new tricks.
... From Merriam Webster definition 3b: ... A book, including a log book, is made up of multiple signatures. However, our usage of log book is wider. I've seen some log books made up of interesting folds and cuts of paper.
by shutterbug2012ProfileContactLogbookNote
I too would love to be put on the list of testers for this new app. Please choose me!!!!!!
by 4EyesMcGeeProfileContactLogbookNote
I never knew that definition! Interesting. 4eyes Remembering to put The Word of the Day calendar on her Christmas list
The roads were clear, and the parking lot had been packed down by previous vehicles. The trail was easy to follow at first, but I lost it about half way to the location. I even went the wrong way, but when there was no clear way I went back to where...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
You might want to add what you've learned to the help wiki.
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I agree with most of that -- except setting Ryan up as arbiter. Leans too far toward Groundspeak for my tastes.
by brailleboxerProfileContactLogbookNote
Forgot how to search along a route. Example highway 1
by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
Advanced search, location = "Along US Route 1", change Dist (mi) to something like 1 or 2 miles.
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
I didn't know you could do that for a location. Thought you had to use trip planner. Learned something new.
Thanks
Didn’t work it gave me new Zelma’s - I thought there was a premium feature where it gave you popular routes
I found it. Do simple search--Trip search, at the bottom of the columns you can select routes.
Thank youuuuuu
You might have to create a trip. I don't see Route 1 on there.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... There is a route called "US Route 1". *nodding* -- Ryan
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
I suppose I'd like to comment that We R trying to Watch 30 hitch hikers that We Passed along these last few years,but I Don't C them being Re-fkund Very often at all!( I don't understand how 30 H H's are in Michigan but aren't being found ( even befor...
by SpitFireProfileContactLogbookNote
There are a lot of people that don't do HH. They just leave them in the box. Me personally, I love them. I may hang on to one for a while until I have a chance to plant it in a box in another location.
by Phoenix RizingProfileContactLogbookNote
Same I like them as well, I stopped boxing for a couple years and am back into it, so will be replanting my backlog of HH's!! But I would love to know where my F-104 Whoooossshhhh! is!! Lynn
by HoneychyckProfileContactLogbookNote
Some of us take joy in finding hitchhikers (and seriously... is it hitchikers, hitchhikers or hitch hikers? I've never known), but some don't. It is a somewhat futile quest to try to enjoy tracking them around the country because logging them just do...
by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
I will almost always grab a HH when I come across one in the wild and move it along to another box. Sometimes I remember to log them, if I can find them on AQ or LbNA, and sometimes I place them in another box the same day and then forget about loggin...
by frankie and benjyProfileContactLogbookNote
We don't box as often as we used to. A while back, after a long hiatus, we were horrified to discover that we had, ahem, *quite a few* hitchhikers that we'd been holding onto for, well, quite some time. So we hied ourselves off and released every one o...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... Re-fkund? There’s always some new super secret language that we are just finding out about. 🤪
by PuggleMomProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a nest of hibernating hitchhikers hanging out for the winter. I think they like it here. But after this post, I will try to re-home them.
by TeachJRProfileContactLogbookNote
In east Central Illinois we have three HH Hostels located in Homer, IL and Bloomington Normal, IL, and the third is a mobile HH Hostel. They are taken to most events we have or most carving sessions where we all get together in our area. Our general...
by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
I have put into place 87 hitchhikers over the course of 5 years (2012-2016). In 2018, I received messages from 11 of them. 9 of them have never been recorded as found. I consider it a bonus in my day when I hear about one. I have enjoyed hitchhikers,...
by gemini girlProfileContactLogbookNote
I love finding a HH! I think of it like a bonus! I always stamp away and it motivates me to re-hide them asap! I don't hang on to them very long if I can avoid it..... I always thought the whole purpose was to re-hide asap so more potential finders cou...
by OutdoorsoccerProfileContactLogbookNote
My girls and I love to find hitchhikers in the LBs we find. Now what they don't enjoy is the "extra stamping" that goes along with finding and moving the HH. We log the HH if it is possible. We have found some HHs that didn't have any AQ/LBNA number...
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Exactly what We were looking for!..... Very Interesting Responses!Re: Hitch hikers!...... Thanks for All the Advice!