Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: Letterbox Chatter

by Basketcase1ProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
My husband switches them around and sends them each other's offers.
by 55 StepsProfileContactLogbookNote
I just put a "no circulars" sticker on my mailbox (called a "letterbox" here, but if I said that on these boards, I thought it might confuse people). The post office here doesn't deliver junk mail to you if you have a "no circulars" sticker.
by Sea MaidProfileContactLogbookNote
where is the link/
by JiffyProfileContactLogbookNote
That is what we, in the counseling profession, call Criminal Thinking. It may not hurt a lot of people, but it isn't right just the same. I am one to have it every now and then.
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
http://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?gTrackerId=7588
by SeerMeeshProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks. I was having difficulties typing with a troublesome 3year old getting into things.
Nap time! Even if it's for you, lol!
by Three FLAmigo'sProfileContactLogbookNote
Hubby sent this (food for thought) to me today, reckon is because I have been mumbling yet again about planting a rest area series on our yearly I-95 FL/CT road trip. http://fox8.com/2014/04/30/treasure-hunt-prompts-bomb-scare-at-i-90-rest-stop/?hpt=...
by DustySandStormProfileContactLogbookNote
Oh my Dear Friend Wry Me... I received your postal package in the snail mail and handle the item inside. Still find it amusing, and the thought of what you did with it still puts a smile on my face,... but it is back in the zone where it was intended,...
by KOProfileContactLogbookNote
I understand the State Highwayman's concern, but "not to do this in a public place"?? Where does that leave us? - private property? Maybe the person who threw the package behind the tree needed to be a little more discreet, although you can't really s...
by The Merry PrankstersProfileContactLogbookNote
Geocachers.......... {{{Sheesh!}}} Pete
by KOProfileContactLogbookNote
You make some very good points!
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
I read that article and also thought "where does that leave us to plant?" If not public places then where? Certainly schools are not good places to plant, one would never want to look suspicious anywhere close to a school. In the good ol' days, it...
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
attached to bridges or railroad trestles, attached to mail collection boxes in major cities with major pedestrian traffic around, etc. These are also places where lunatics might plant bombs. And incredibly small bombs can do incredibly major damage I h...
by KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
Certainly schools are not good places to plant, one would never want to look suspicious anywhere close to a school. Are you kidding? I've found literally a hundred boxes or more at city parks that border elementary and high schools planted by experien...
by Book HoarderProfileContactLogbookNote
although you can't really see truckers if they're sitting in their cabs I found a box at a rest stop once that was on the truck side. I went into the woods with my pack and my daughter, who did not want to get nature on her, said she would stand on th...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
I also wondered if they thought I was using the bathroom It's good if a muggle thinks that when you come out of the bushes….they definitely won't go near to investigate!
by SuniaProfileContactLogbookNote
That's brilliant, 55 steps!
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I will get with you at next meeting of great minds and settle the postage bill with you =P : name your poison to which we will drink to a creative solution's demise...lol Yours truly, truly what the voice in my head have not told me. I am so glad you...
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
And places like churches, schools, libraries,etc should pose no problem if the planter takes the time to get permission so that the powers-that-be know the box is there. All it takes is one person who doesn't know what's going on, and in comes the bomb...
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I understand the State Highwayman's concern, but "not to do this in a public place"?? Where does that leave us? - private property? Maybe the person who threw the package behind the tree needed to be a little more discreet, although you can't really se...
by KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
We may not agree on some details, but I think we sit along the same spectrum. Intelligence, common sense, discretion and stealth are important parts of both planting and finding. Thank you for a well-thought-out and level-headed response. K
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
No I'm not kidding, I personally do not want to look suspicious close to a school. But that doesn't make me paranoid or scared of everything. I often hike miles of trails by myself. By "close to a school" meant really up close , like the bushes lin...
by DoubleSaj and Old BlueProfileContactLogbookNote
Geocachers.......... Sheesh! I've seen plenty of letterboxes that looked like bombs... and this can (should) be avoided. Don't camo your boxes, use clear containers so the contents can be seen. Or at least keep them small so they aren't threatening. Ot...
by Lone RProfileContactLogbookNote
planting boxes in those types of places WITHOUT PERMISSION comes with risk. From the geocaching forums regarding the Ohio incident: "As Keystone pointed permission was obtained. This should highlight, underline, italicize, or what ever you want to do,...
I think intelligence and training has a lot to do with this also. I have had a bit of training with bombs, and also have a friend in the bomb squad that works for the PD. Even planting in the woods can scare someone, where do you think home grown ter...
by DeeCeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank goodness geocaching was named as the culprit, not us (wink, wink). :D I know, right. I have some boxes hidden at rest stops. Sure don't want anything like this to happen.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Geocaching is in a different situation than letterboxing. When you want to plant a letterbox anywhere outside of Connecticut, it's usually a pretty simple matter to find a suitable park to plant one in. Geocaching is so popular that they long ago est...
by SITE SleuthsProfileContactLogbookNote
I want to look at this from another angle. My hats off the the trucker who spotted the activity! Usually people are not paying attention and things happen right under our noses, he has taken the good Sam training to heart and followed threw. As far a...
by JiggsProfileContactLogbookNote
Gee with the total amount of crap, junk, jetsam and other assorted garbage that Joe Average dumps all over these rest stops, it's great to know that some eagle-eye has nothing better to do than look for kids or (whoever) throwing stuff behind trees....