by ShebaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
I think AQ’s not the boss of me 😂😂😂
by Una Marlee SueProfileContactLogbookNote
AMEN to that!!!!!!
by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
... Nearby is relative. There are places in the western US where 30 miles down the road is still the middle of no where. My wife and I stayed at a KOA once outside of Chugwater, Wyoming. Turns out that it was on the property of a large ranch, west of t...
by cooledcoyoteProfileContactLogbookNote
The longest bonus I found was Mission: Impossible, half the stamp was in Redding, the other half in Wallingford.
by SN BoneProfileContactLogbookNote
Wyoming It's different there, lol. snbone who lived in Wyoming for 20 years
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
And it's a good thing for lost sailor that I did.
... That site was a Minuteman nuclear missile silo. It is abandoned now but I think it was still active when we were there over 30 years ago. Now that I think about it, that would be an excellent place for a letterbox except for it being on private pr...
by TrisheeProfileContactLogbookNote
I’m not crying, you’re crying! Someone get me a tissue.
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
... Interesting. I’ve never encountered a bonus box with the clue posted on AQ, and I don’t know anyone who logs finds in real time, as they go, and then searches for any boxes that show up, dependent on that find. I enjoy examining the logbook and c...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
... Very cool! And it sounds like a classic lost sailor story. Thanks for sharing.
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
... The clues I leave on AQ are a back up to the clues for the bonus box I leave in the parentbox. That way a finder doesn't have to copy the clues in the parentbox--or take a picture of them. Also, if I put the clues on AQ I don't forget what they a...
Oh, well that makes more sense to me - the bonus clue IS in the original box somewhere . . . I also keep the clue on the bonus box listing, but it's in the notes. I don't want anyone to stumble across them by accident, and I don't want to lose them e...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
... I tend to forget to look for a bonus box clue in the container but the ones I have found have been listed on AQ. Once you log the the so called parent box you can see the bonus box in the planter's logbook and then log that. ... I don't do that e...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
... So what?
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... I tend to log that way too, but seeing this discussion I may just change how I do it. At least then I can see that I've missed a bonus box while I'm still in the field.
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I know! And he did letters. So if a 13-year-old can do it, I guess we should stop freaking out about them. Kids are so awesome.
by RocklunProfileContactLogbookNote
... I had a box containing the bonus clue melt in a brush fire. Luckily, I had the clue to the bonus box in my BB notes so that I could find it (it survived the fire).
... Since I have started using my smartphone while letterboxing I usually log online right at the box and then check right then and there for the next nearest box, as long as I have cell signal. While on road trips thru areas I am not familiar with I l...
by JiffyProfileContactLogbookNote
I just uploaded a short video of the fun we had at Soups On 2018. Soups On 2018 Jiffy
by BinoBoxerProfileContactLogbookNote
HOLY COW!
by KatieKatProfileContactLogbookNote
Brings back many fond(?) memories of boxing in the snow. No snow here in Florida. Ah! the frozen hands. But the clear, fresh air in the woods was really great.
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Thinsulate and gortex boots were my friend that day. It was such a beautiful day to play in the snow. Those of you who were first on the trails made it easier for us to follow. The only thing that brought me back to the house was the lure of approx. 15...
Another song for your enjoyment. I think you can figure out the tune. Boxing in the snow Un-der a sky that's gray Through the woods we go In other's footsteps all the way Logs and ink we bring Looking for logs so right Got to find that thing Every so...
Who wants to hide a letterbox here?
by Mama DeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Umm... I don't think so.
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
Perfect place for a multi-colored, double sided stamp and a bonus box.
by Basset MomProfileContactLogbookNote
I'll pass. ;)
Suggested box name: "Find It or Die Trying"
by DoubleSaj and Old BlueProfileContactLogbookNote
Congratulation on your Box of the Week, Doug. I not surprised, you've made so many creative & cool boxes. Now we have a reason to go to Vegas. wink wink Old Blue
by kudichanProfileContactLogbookNote
Congrats to you!!