Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!

Re: Hey Dixie...
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
Reply to: #99966 by Perdu
Jun 14, 2007 10:37am
Thread
I'm considering the baby pink on black trail name, but I really like that circle clue one.

remember that just about anything can go in the area of the trailname.
but I really like what the whole concept of the trailname shirt...
it's a great introduction sometimes without awkwardness that can sometimes come along with introducing yourself as somecrazyfunkyname. :)
opinions please
Jun 14, 2007 10:52am
Thread
here is a message that some may have missed because of the subject line...
but I would like to know opinions on these 2 shirt ideas.
http://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.html?gMsgId=99877

that second one discussed would need something else maybe...??
maybe something on front to introduce the concept of the mastercard theme on back?
whatcha think?

dixie
Re: opinions please
Reply to: #100050 by Dixie
Jun 14, 2007 11:01am
Thread
Put "... Priceless" on the front and the list on the back with "... you know..." instead of Priceless. On the back.
Reply to: #100047 by Dixie
Jun 14, 2007 11:50am
Thread
Do you think you'll un-retire the "Over the hills and through..." soon?

I probably will order the trail name one...I like Wisconsin Hiker's she (and Martini Man) has her stamp, too!

I also want to order some bags for a Kansas City Event in September. Just don't know how many yet. How much notice do you need?

Thanks,
~Perdu
Reply to: #100054 by BrewHiker
Jun 14, 2007 11:57am
Thread
Quote Put "... Priceless" on the front and the list on the back with "... you know..." instead of Priceless. On the back.

That sounds good! Is this design too big/wordy to fit on the front like the others?

And I like the "work to support my LB addiction one".

THere's a bookstore in town that used to have (maybe still does) two shirts with sayings about books - I have one, never got around to buying the other. The one I have says "Those who do not read are no better off than those who cannot read." The other said something to the effect "When I get paid I buy books - if there's any money left over I buy food." The last one could easily substitute "letterboxing" for "Books". Or "logbooks" for "books". Or "gas for letterboxing" for "books" (darn gas prices!!!).

Mama Fox
Reply to: #100073 by The Little Foxes
Jun 14, 2007 12:23pm
Thread
"When I get a little money, I buy books; if any is left I buy food and clothes." -- Desiderius Erasmus

Being Shielded -- the bookworm has this in her commonplace
Reply to: #99875 by Sits N Knits
Jun 14, 2007 12:23pm
Thread
Other slogans I've found on some notecards that I like:

"No journey is too great if you find what you seek." (unknown)

"Look closely, the beautiful may be small." (Emmanuel Kant) This one could also be adjusted, "Look closely, the beautiful may be hidden."

I like the Mastercard slogan idea but I think I'd shorten the list to maybe just:

personal logbook: $10
pigment ink in three colors: $12
handmade stamp: 2 hours
map of the park: $1.50
finding a mystery box with the first page still blank...priceless!

My .02

Tyra , Murray7 who loves her "Pippi" shirt in lavendar
Thanks, Funhog!
Jun 14, 2007 4:39pm
Just received my order of PNW letterboxing patches - they are awesome!

Thanks so much for the prompt service and great patches!

~SHH :-)
Re: Blue Diamond Worthy Patches
Reply to: #99986 by Lock Wench
Jun 14, 2007 10:48pm
Thread
Thank ya kindly ma'am.

I'll get get money in the mail. :)

Shiloh
sig stamp on shirts etc
Jun 15, 2007 8:03pm
Thread
I was wondering if there was a way for you to take a scanned copy of our sig stamps and print then to fabric?
Shiloh

I am answering here on this board cause I never meant the father's day topic to turn into questions about tee shirts etc.

Yes...
I need as good of an image of the sig stamp as possible and then i have to work with it in a graphics program to try to get it "clean" and print ready. The image I printed for the Great lakes gathering was one that I had cleaned up and done. it cam out very nice!

I would actually like to do more trailnames and sig stamp shirts etc. I find it rewarding.

dixie
Re: sig stamp on shirts etc
Reply to: #100663 by Dixie
Jun 16, 2007 7:43am
Thread
I never meant the father's day topic to turn into questions about tee shirts

Of course you didn't. Like I've said before I don't try to be a trouble maker it just comes naturally. :)

Shiloh
Re: Combination letterboxing stamp/geocache coin?
Reply to: #98844 by Lock Wench
Jun 16, 2007 7:52am
Thread
That's a really cool coin! While my first love is letterboxing, my kids and I also enjoy geocaching...of course my son likes the "cool toy" (gps) to use...very much like a fancy remote control! Very often in our travels we find only a few, if any, letterboxes but lots of geocaches to hunt.

Thanks for the heads up!

4AuburnFans
Re: sig stamp on shirts etc
Reply to: #100663 by Dixie
Jun 16, 2007 1:37pm
Thread
Quote I would actually like to do more trailnames and sig stamp shirts etc. I find it rewarding.

I was given the gift of two "Warrior Woman" long sleeved thermal shirts last winter right before the Central MA Mid-Winter Gathering.

My beau (who supports my addiction ;-) got ahold of my letterboxing bag overnight and brought it to a friend of his who does silkscreening. They made several stamped images of my sig stamp, then he snuck my bag back into the trunk of the car.

She used wonderful soft soft soft thermal underwear type fabric - white, long sleeved.

One design was a big sig stamp impression on the front, and "Warrior Woman" in a handwritten font all down the left sleeve. The other design was "Warrior Woman" in a smaller handwritten font across the front and a big sig stamp impression on the back. Both were done in my trademark cranberry red pigment ink color (on a white background).

If you find making sig stamp shirt rewarding, I can tell you for a FACT that the recipient will consider it PRICELESS!

Warrior Woman
who now wears her own sig stamp shirt to winter gatherings, but still reserves Silent Doug's "Get A Clue" camisole for summer gatherings
Merit Badges almost here!
Jun 17, 2007 4:12am
Thread
Woo hoo! I got a sample peek at the merit badges in production and they will be here in early/mid July. You can preorder these if you would like. Interest has been very high and I will be placing another order quickly!

http://www.atlasquest.com/images/gallery/01/16/18216lg.jpg

http://www.atlasquest.com/images/gallery/01/15/18215lg.jpg

LW PhD
"Nice Counts"
Re: Merit Badges almost here!
Reply to: #100819 by Lock Wench
Jun 17, 2007 5:02am
Thread
Very nice!!! Ummm - for those of us who haven't had enough coffee this morning... can you give us payment info again ;-)) And you have more BD patches coming, right? Would it make you crazy if one did one big order for all the stuff - then you can mail out as it arrives?

Mama Fox - looking for the coffee!
Reply to: #100823 by The Little Foxes
Jun 17, 2007 5:45am
Thread
Those are really nice! Now to get placing/finding!
Beach Gal, who also hasn't had coffee yet ;)
Reply to: #100835 by Beach Gal
Jun 17, 2007 6:29am
Thread
Those are really nice. They look 100 X's better than the L... patches. Glad I pre-ordered (he, he, he). Now, to get placing and finding, anyway.

mstrwndl (who is sitting here nursing a fine cup of Columbo dark roast as we speak)
Reply to: #100843 by mstrwndl
Jun 17, 2007 8:21am
Thread
So... how do I order? I'm in need of a P200 and an F5000 patch very shortly.....

Music Woman
Reply to: #100859 by Bungalow Boxer
Jun 17, 2007 9:59am
Thread
All order information is on the picture links. But in a nutshell, here is the info:

These are 1" in diameter and are available for $1.50 a piece. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Cyndie Long
218 Clairmonte Ave
Syracuse, NY 13207

You need one 41 cent postage stamp for every 10 badges. You can also use paypal and use my email: lockwench@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Re: New Stuff...some Pink
Reply to: #99655 by Dixie
Jun 17, 2007 5:06pm
Thread
Wow, great job! You have such a nice web site! I have your retired T-shirt "Over the hills and through the woods and past the creek....." and everyone asked me about it. It is such a great way to get people interested in letter boxing! I also have to of your bumper stickers, L Box, Got inkie fingers? Great as well!!!!
~littlmoon
By the way, did I tell you, all of these fabulous things are from gollygee, she got me these as a present! Isn't she wonderful!
Reply to: #99655 by Dixie
Jun 17, 2007 9:51pm
Thread
Oh Dixie - what a great site. Fantastic t-shirts!

I LOVE the retired shirt... Over the river and through the woods....
If you ever make more of these, please let me know. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have one!!!

Keep up the great work. I'm forwarding your site to my brother tonight. He and his girlfriend found their first box here in Central Oregon last weekend while visitin from So CA. They now have a trail name... are creating their first stamp... and spent their last day here finding boxes all day before they hopped on their plane for home. He'll get a kick out of your shirt designs.

Thanks again.

Mama Lady of Ladybugs Picnic
Reply to: #100969 by littlmoon
Jun 18, 2007 12:26pm
Thread
By the way, did I tell you, all of these fabulous things are from gollygee, she got me these as a present! Isn't she wonderful!

...Truly a wonderful friend!

it's really fun to know someone has been surprised with something I created and then to hear about them enjoying it :) Thanks for all the compliments. The website and shirt graphics were from scratch...and took for-ev-er...oh wait...it's still not finished *coils up in shame*

dixie
Reply to: #101044 by Ladybugs Picnic
Jun 18, 2007 12:32pm
Thread
Fantastic t-shirts!
I LOVE the retired shirt...
Keep up the great work. I'm forwarding your site to my brother tonight.
He and his girlfriend found their first box here in Central Oregon last weekend....
He'll get a kick out of your shirt designs.

Thanks!
hope all y'all are enjoying the hobby...
and let me know if there is anything I can help with
info@dixiegraphix.com

dixie
Reply to: #101250 by Dixie
Jun 18, 2007 12:32pm
Thread
OK,

For the few of you that have met us, NO ONE tell longstockings (my gf) about that Pippi Longstockings shirt at dixie's site. I would be remiss if I did not purchase this for her.

Dixie, I'll order this in a couple weeks.

Mr. Yuk
Reply to: #101256 by Mr Yuk
Jun 18, 2007 12:36pm
Thread
the Pippi Longstocking shirt is still my favorite!
Reply to: #101250 by Dixie
Jun 18, 2007 12:39pm
Thread
Quote it's really fun to know someone has been surprised with something I created and then to hear about them enjoying it :) Thanks for all the compliments. The website and shirt graphics were from scratch...and took for-ev-er...oh wait...it's still not finished *coils up in shame*

littlmoon and I have a fantastic time surprising each other with fabulous letterboxing-related finds, but your shirts are just the best! I bought the "Which way is north" shirt for myself and I wear it all the time. I might have to get another one because I hate when it's in the laundry! :D

And I put the stickers on my clipboard that I use for clues when I'm letterboxing, as well as my car!

-gollygee
Reply to: #100068 by Perdu
Jun 18, 2007 8:28pm
Thread
Quote Do you think you'll un-retire the "Over the hills and through...." soon?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! I STILL cannot get the website to work, and I really wanted that shirt! Ugh!!!!

moonshowr *who right at this moment HATES my computer!*
Help (Re: Hey Dixie...)
Reply to: #101438 by Electric City Four
Jun 18, 2007 8:55pm
Thread
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! I STILL cannot get the website to work, and I really wanted that shirt! Ugh!!!!

It must be something with your internet security settings...
or at least that is all i can figure!
I have had orders come in and no other complaints.

the night IE wasn't loading the pages and showed me the "unable to display Page" page...
I followed the directions or suggestions that page gave me and it worked and has worked ever since. it was all internet security settings etc.

anyone got suggestions?
Ryan... got any ideas as to what is happening?
Backpack "ribbon" for patches?
Jun 20, 2007 8:37am
Thread
I've read something about a "ribbon" that can be attached to a backpack for patches. Anyone have one or seen one in use? How does it look and where would you attach it to the pack? I'd love to see a photo before I decide what to do with my new patches.

Thanks,
The Merry Pranksters
Re: Backpack "ribbon" for patches?
Reply to: #101904 by The Merry Pranksters
Jun 20, 2007 9:13am
Thread
Patches? did someone say patches? Where can I look to see what is still available?

as for the "ribbon" would it be like a backpack sash? this could be applied with velcro.