Board: Yakking It Up
Jul 1, 2016 2:39am
Thread
Re: O Canada
Reply to: #929896 by Grrly Girl
Jul 1, 2016 2:51am
Thread
Did not know, but I did plant Dudley Do-Right's Horse in time for today.
Jul 1, 2016 9:32am
Thread
Thank you for helping us celebrate Canada Day. :)
Jul 1, 2016 10:05am
Thread
Thanks for that...I was hoping to hear it today. My mother was Canadian (still have family in the province of Alberta) and I always love going "home".
Jul 1, 2016 7:36pm
Thread
Here's is to our friends to the north and to the longest peaceful border in the world.

Old Blue
native of the US of A
Re: AQ statistics
Reply to: #929497 by cooledcoyote
Jul 2, 2016 2:47pm
Thread
It would be interesting to be able to log "incidents", but it would need to require a comment in order to make it worth the extra programming. Especially if there was a widget where you could read all the most recent "incidents" - arrests, downhill tumbles, stealth fails and the like . And maybe the icon for it in stats could look like the Injured in the Line of Letterboxing patch.
Reply to: #929560 by Warrior Woman
Jul 2, 2016 2:55pm
Thread
When I run in the woods in summer, I pick up a long stick and carry it in front of me. It looks pretty funny when I encounter someone else coming the other, but they are always grateful because I just knocked down all the webs for them.
Disney removed all and or removing all "fake" alligators
Jul 3, 2016 7:09am
Thread
I feel terrible for the family that lost their 2 year old to an alligator don't get me wrong. Can't even fathom the thought. It's the first time this sort of thing has happened in 45 years. It's Florida, there's gators. It was a fluke accident.
Kilimanjaro , Tic Toc from Peter Pan ride, Safari Cruise, Splash Mtn. etc all crocs or gators are gone or going to be gone.
There's bears in AK, MT etc, gators in LA, FL etc, mountain lions out west, scorpions, rattle snakes and on and on. I know I'll take some backlash for this but this is ridiculous.
Re: Disney removed all and or removing all "fake" alligators
Reply to: #930081 by turkey feathers
Jul 3, 2016 7:18am
Thread
I agree with you. It's ridiculous. They should be fortifying their fences instead.
Jul 3, 2016 7:28am
Thread
I totally agree with you. It was an freak accident; maybe it could have been prevented, maybe not, but to now remove everything related to gators from the entire park is ridiculous. We as a society keep invading the natural habitat of all these animals and force them to live where they can, so you are going to find gators in your back yard in FL, bears in your backyard in MT, cougars in your back yard in PA, and so on. If we are going to keep taking away from them we are going to have to be more aware of our surroundings when outside doing things - such as letterboxing.
Traveling
Jul 3, 2016 8:16am
Thread
My inconclusive travel plans for 2016.....
I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart!
Re: Traveling
Reply to: #930093 by turkey feathers
Jul 3, 2016 10:56am
Thread
This was great!!
Jul 3, 2016 11:11am
Thread
Don't forget Denial. Great place to go. Everything is wonderful when you're in denial!
Jul 4, 2016 10:38am
Thread
I'm not trying to victim blame, but of ALL the water Disney offers for everyone to play in...
Reply to: #930207 by Raven
Jul 4, 2016 12:57pm
Thread
I'm not trying to victim blame, but of ALL the water Disney offers for everyone to play in...

I live in New York, born in Texas, been to Florida once in my life. I would know enough to stay out of the water and keep child out of the water, especially after dark.
Reply to: #930222 by MissMoon
Jul 4, 2016 4:02pm
Thread
While this seems practical on the surface, I don't know the whole story. And it really isn't fair to judge based on consequences.
My kids were in a lot of situations I didn't sanction...usually not for very long. But it only takes a moment. Add in tired parents and overly stimulated kids and it's not hard to see how the risk could present itself.
It's a tragedy...and not fair to try and blame anyone. Or take away the alligators/crocodile likenesses on Disney land! Live, learn, see if there is a way to increase safety measures...and let the family grieve.
Reply to: #930207 by Raven
Jul 5, 2016 10:34am
Thread
I agree. What part of No Swimmimg was confusing?
Reply to: #930306 by Wry Me
Jul 5, 2016 11:38am
Thread
Each water park features a gator mascot. Are they gone too along with all the images and statuary?
Reply to: #929497 by cooledcoyote
Jul 5, 2016 1:00pm
Thread
just walk in the woods some more.
Jul 5, 2016 6:14pm
Thread
I once planned to go to Effigy but I heard they burn people there so I stayed in Cognito instead.

Shiloh
Jul 6, 2016 12:44pm
Thread
I was in Ability once but found out I couldn't do anything.
Reply to: #930313 by cooledcoyote
Jul 6, 2016 7:25pm
Thread
What about their movies/shows? And are they also removing crocodiles from the rides? Does this then mean no more Capt. Hook? I mean, how far do we go anymore? To add insult, I'm sure the cost of retrofitting the rides will be passed on to the park goers.
Reply to: #930454 by Raven
Jul 7, 2016 4:51am
Thread
Evidently the croc jokes are back on the Jungle Cruise. It was only a temporary thing. Now, everyone can get back to pondering the 8th wonder of the natural world: the backside of water! ;)
Reply to: #930473 by DM Scuba Brat
Jul 7, 2016 11:37am
Thread
It's like in Oz, you never want to look behind the curtain!
Reply to: #930490 by Raven
Jul 7, 2016 12:26pm
Thread
It's like in Oz, you never want to look behind the curtain!

When I'm carving OZ, I always look at the back of it. ;-)
Reply to: #930495 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jul 7, 2016 1:47pm
Thread
You got me...
Reply to: #930241 by Uncorny Acorns
Jul 7, 2016 8:27pm
Thread
Like someone else said...What part of No Swimming was confusing?
My, how the tables have turned!!
Jul 10, 2016 6:29am
Thread
With the release of Pokemon Go, several of my Nox'er friends have downloaded the app & are/have hit the greenways, trails... looking at their GPS to "Catch 'em all!"
These same Nox'ers who have raised an eyebrow at my beloved logbook with something like this"

Nox: So how do you Lbx?
Me: I follow clues to locate a hidden cache.
Nox: Like Geocaching?
Me: Similar, only cooler ;)
Nox: So what do you?
Me: (we all have answered this question - go ahead with your answer here)
Nox: SO.... you just wander around until you find the stamp? That's it?!
Me: YEAH!
Nox: ...Uh huh...

Pokemon Go -

Me: So what is Pokemon Go?
Nox: I follow the GPS on my phone to locate a hidden Pokemon.
Me: Like Geocaching?
Nox: Similar, only cooler ;)
Me: So what do you?
Nox: Blah blah blah Pokemon! Blah blah blah blah Pokemon!
Me: SO.... you just wander around until you locate it? That's it?!
Nox: YEAH!
Me: ....and you poke fun at my hobby?

No matter what has you hitting the trails - Happy Hunting Everybody!!
Re: My, how the tables have turned!!
Reply to: #930706 by Petunia
Jul 10, 2016 7:07am
Thread
I was thinking the same thing yesterday... the park we were at was filled with teenage kids on the trails, eyes glued to their phone, pointing this way and that... so funny! But I love that people are getting out on the trails!
Reply to: #930548 by MissMoon
Jul 10, 2016 10:05am
Thread
It's kind of the same as if you get off a ride while in motion and drown (some guy on Splash Mt) or hop a fence to retrieve a hat and then get beheaded (Batman at 6 Flags) what are you gonna do? It's not like that kid who rode the Space exploration simulator and died because he had a heart condition he didn't know about. When someone is told no they want a reason to make a judgement themselves to see if they feel that rule should be followed.

Sorry, my rant isn't about the accident with this family, it's about a lot in general lately. Like if the police say stop, you fight like hell or have a gun and get shot it's not your fault. Huh? But that's a whole other thread/board.