FRLESCLN
Re: Vanity License Plates
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #350896 by Fluffy Cow
Feb 15, 2009 3:50pm
Thread
OH fluffy LOL

what about WWINAQ
or AQCHIK(I thought of Marjorie first but the fact that I'm a girl it works too)
or LBCHICK(CHIK)
or STMPFUN (Stamp Fun)
or INKINIT

Just a few that popped up in GOFYGRL's mind...
Reply to: #350790 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 15, 2009 5:43pm
Thread
While it applies to my trail name...it could apply to any boxer

XMRKSPT
Reply to: #350790 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 15, 2009 5:52pm
Thread
I have LTR BXR on my plate.
I have also seen I LTRBX.

~Aurora
Reply to: #350975 by The hicks from the sticks
Feb 15, 2009 6:10pm
Thread
I just asked dh if I could get a personalized tag. He said "is it hidden and we have to go find it?"

LOL

Just a coincidence? I think not...
Feb 15, 2009 7:41pm
Thread
I now officially believe in ghosts... And I think myself and several others have come in contact with the spirit of my grandpa... Want to hear the story? Okay...

We have this cabin in a small town called Index, Washington. It's right near a river and the city Snohomish. This cabin we own was built by my grandfather from the ground up. Every other weekend when my dad was a kid, they would go up to the cabin and hang out for a few days. Right before I was born (less than 6 months before my birth), my grandfather died on a golf course with two dentists. (It's a little ironic they weren't doctors that studied hearts, instead of teeth... but anyways...) He was burried under a stump in front of the cabin.

Last summer when we went up there, my mom slept in the downstairs part of the cabin in the guest room. She heard many noises, including the scary noise that caused her to wake up and jump out of bed of someone falling down the stairs and then no one being there... She slept downstairs for another night, continued to hear odd noises, and then left for home, while leaving us there. I decided that it would be more comfortable downstairs on a queen sized bed instead of on a kid bunk bed upstairs where it is hot and stuffy. Well, it took me almost an hour each night I was down there to get to sleep. I also woke up the first night and heard foot steps and no lights were on.

So, anyways... my dad took a few friends up this weekend to go skiing because Index is near the mountains and pretty snowy in the winter. One guy slept downstairs and heard nothing when he slept. Someone that slept upstairs decided not to go skiing while everyone else was out. About two hours after everyone else left, he was taking a shower and heard two doors close. No one was home but him.

The next day, my dad was telling him how my mom and I claimed that we had heard strange noises and think that his dad haunts the cabin. This guy's eyes got a little big and he seemed a little spooked... As they were driving home today, this guy told my dad the story about the two slamming doors. They confirmed that he heard the slamming doors before my dad told him my mom's and my theory that the cabin is haunted...

Too weird for me not to believe in ghosts officially... *shudders*

~BOB~
Re: Just a coincidence? I think not...
Reply to: #351009 by Bobguyman
Feb 15, 2009 8:11pm
Thread
Too weird for me not to believe in ghosts officially... *shudders*

I believe in you Bobguyman (almost a quote from Peter Pan). I finally saw something at my work (Hospice facility). It was a woman in a white nightgown. She had short spiky hair.

I feel better about them now that I've "seen" one. Weird but true. I used to get totally freaked out before that. Now, not so much. I'm glad. It's hard to work at the front desk by myself when I'm being freaked out by otherly beings.

Janet
Reply to: #351012 by Blooming Flower
Feb 15, 2009 8:24pm
Thread
I have experienced 2 ghostly things.

1) When I was 10 years old, I was sleeping on the couch. I saw a little boy come out of my parents room and walk through the livingroom and into the kitchen. Upon asking my parents about it in the morning, they told me that a little boy had died in the basement in the house in a kerosene fire back in the sixties. They then told me that there is no such things as ghosts and that I must have either been dreaming, or I imagined it.

2) At my grandmothers house my sister ran into my room all freaked out. She insisted that she saw our great-grandmother. She described the woman that she saw to our grandmother who said that that was an accurate description of her mother, includung how her hair was done and down to the color of her apron which my grandmother said was only off for church. What makes this even stranger is that there is no photographs of my great-grandmother anywhere. They were destroyed in a flood before either my sister or I were born. So she would have no other way to describe her if she hadn't seen her.

SFF
Reply to: #351012 by Blooming Flower
Feb 15, 2009 8:41pm
Thread
I have had paranormal experiences and yes would love to be on a ghost hunting team ( I come with my own laptop, digital camera, digital recorder and a HI 8 Video recorder-*hint, hint*) Yes Janet I would love to come visit your work if you still have ghost(are you going to Weches, TX event in Mar? I am) You can go to the cabin and tell whoever is there that they need to go on to the other side, hopefully that will send them on.

Goofy girl
*who has had a ghost in her house more than once in her lifetime*
Reply to: #351031 by Goofy girl
Feb 15, 2009 8:48pm
Thread
You're sounding like my cousin.... Or me :)

My cousin decided to get together a ghost hunting team, and when I found out, I could barely contain myself! Still hasn't got it started yet because all the people he knows are going off to college, so it's still at the drawing board. Shucks!

Bookworm, who feels disappointed and lucky to have not seen a ghost yet
Reply to: #351033 by Harker_Hive
Feb 15, 2009 8:52pm
Thread
There are a couple of teams here in Oklahoma but one is usually not taking applications and the other some friends of mine have started and they do more than just paranormal they look into UFOs and bigfoot and what not. I just want to work on the demons and spirits that are roaming the earth not bigfoot(yes I believe) or UFOS/aliens(undecided and no I don't want to see any information on it)

GG
Reply to: #351009 by Bobguyman
Feb 16, 2009 6:11am
Thread
I certainly believe you. My family and I have had quite a few paranormal experiences in our lives. It sounds like your Grandfather was trying to make his presence known.

J
Reply to: #351092 by Jaxx
Feb 16, 2009 6:36am
Thread
I certainly believe you

No doubt about it! Our home office room is actually referred to as "the room"...too much to go into. Plus have had several "things" happen in 2 different cemeteries.

But one thing that has to be a omg moment was when my then supervisor brought in a picture and ask me how something like that could be.
The family had decided to finally sell off the family home and it had been a few years since the parents had passed on. His sister decided to take a picture to give each sibling of the homeplace.
Clearly in the window was his mother holding a baby...they had a baby pass on when they were younger.

kk
Reply to: #351024 by Silva Foot Family
Feb 16, 2009 10:25am
Thread
I've also had a few weird experiences. Since we're sharing here's mine:
The first one was in college. The dorm I was living in had a story regarding a girl who got drunk at a party, pushed the button for the freight elevator, opened the door and fell down the elevator shaft before the elevator arrived. Friends of mine had a room next to where the shaft reportedly was and claimed to hear weird noises in it at night. The university claimed there was no elevator in that building, but a group of us had already gotten the head advisor to open the locked door and had seen that it was indeed an elevator shaft. One day I was sitting in my friend's room(next to the elevator shaft) chatting with one of the girls who lived there. We both heard a knock on the door. She said "come in". The door opened and no one was there. She checked the hall, and saw no one, we didn't hear any one running down the hall, no giggling and no one confessed to tricking us. After that, every time I walked past the door to the elevator shaft, the light in front of the elevator shaft door would go off. It would turn back on after I said "hello Elizabeth" (which is what I called the "ghost") Then the light in front of my dorm room started doing the same thing. Another time, the head advisor and two hall advisors were downstairs in the basement working on a project together. One girl complained about how hot she was. The lights went off. After a couple of seconds the lights came back on and the coke machine released three cans of coke.

My second experience was at my mother-in-law's house that she used to live in in New Orleans. People had reported various weird experiences here. It was an old what they call shotgun style house. Basically, a long hall ran the length of the house and rooms were lined up one after the other. Each room had 2 doors, one into the hall and one into the next room. Above each door was a glass transom (a small rectangular window that opened to help with ventilation, in case any one is unfamiliar with the term). Hubby and I had gone to spend the night at her house (This was before we had children). It was pretty late. We had been talking and getting organized before getting ready for bed. I was sitting on the bed facing the outer wall and DH was behind me, putting some things away. The curtains were open and the window was reflecting the room so I could see everything behind me, almost as clearly as looking in a mirror. I noticed a black and white picture of a man in an old fashioned jacket with a stiff looking collar. He had a small mustache. The picture was hanging above the door leading into the hall. I thought, "That's an interesting picture. I don't remember seeing it before. What an odd place to hang a picture...Wait a minute, isn't there a...transom....above...the...door..." And just like that, whatever I saw wasn't there anymore. Just the transom above the door. "Um, ..." I said and something must have been in my voice, because DH answered, "WHAT did you see?" So I described what I saw and looked up at the transom. There was nothing there. We both walked over to the door into the hall. "Do you want to open it?" he said. "Not really, but I guess we'd better." So we opened the door into the pitch black hall. At the end of the hall, we both saw the rough shape of a person, kind of glittery, like when you stare at something bright too long then look away, there's an after image. It faded away, and the hall was dark.

dancing pecan
Reply to: #351162 by dancingpecan
Feb 16, 2009 12:05pm
Thread
For some reason, all I can think of when I read these posts is this.
Reply to: #350816 by Captain Slick Kitty
Feb 16, 2009 1:33pm
Thread
I tried getting my trail name for my LP . . . but it was denied by Ca DMV and my money was quickly returned.

slick kitty

Well, that's too bad! That would have been cool!
What does a Fluffy Cow say.......
Feb 18, 2009 5:06am
Thread
...... if you give her a nice warm hug????
.................... "Mmmmmmmmmmm,Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL! ;o)

Hope you enjoy today's theme, FC!!!

TMP
Re: What does a Fluffy Cow say.......
Reply to: #351958 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 18, 2009 5:13am
Thread
I'm enjoying, also! My "Smell That Dairy Box" is still on AQ's home page this morning - would you be surprised that the stamp's image is a Holstein? And I live in WI. And I'm tempted to go to Mt. Horeb today - but I have work.
whiiiiiiiiiine

Is there an LB for this historic event. hmmmmm.
Reply to: #351958 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 18, 2009 6:02am
Thread
Actually, I think I'd just say thank you... and I am enjoying it immensely.
Reply to: #351981 by Fluffy Cow
Feb 18, 2009 6:32am
Thread
Everytime fluffy posts push her button ...... wait for it ...... her HUG button

GG
Reply to: #351981 by Fluffy Cow
Feb 18, 2009 7:20am
Thread
Thank you x 6.
Trans Atlantic Moving Companie?
Feb 18, 2009 12:12pm
Thread
My dad died last week, and my sister and I have inherited a houseful of beautiful antiques -- in France. My sister lives in Brooklyn, and I live in Northern California.

Can anyone give me any advice about the process of moving fragile one-of-a-kind furniture, across the Atlantic? When my father and stepmother moved to France, they shipped the entire house, and the car in a shipping container. But that was *all* the furniture, including all of my satepmother's things.

My sister was trying to ship a few items back to the US last year, and completely failed to find any sources for simple packing materials in France. No bubble wrap. No cardboard boxes. Nothing.

My sister is keen to get all this stuff moved right away. I'm not in a big hurry. There are all sorts of complicated family issues at play, of course.

Can anyone advise us on this topic?
Fluffy Calfs
Reply to: #343961 by Bobguyman
Feb 18, 2009 12:22pm
Thread
Fluffy cow and her Fluffy Calfs

Oh c'mon! Its winter. Who shaves their legs this time of year?

I wait until the weather gets nicer and have my Spring Shearing.
Re: Fluffy Calfs
Reply to: #352160 by lisascenic
Feb 18, 2009 12:54pm
Thread
ooh... that's gooood.
Re: Trans Atlantic Moving Companie?
Reply to: #352157 by lisascenic
Feb 18, 2009 1:14pm
Thread
I would recommend contacting a moving service here in the states such as "Mayflower" and find out if they do international shipping. They may have a contact in France they use for moving. That is where I would start. All of my international shipping has been through the military.
Re: Trans Atlantic Moving Companie?
Reply to: #352157 by lisascenic
Feb 18, 2009 2:03pm
Thread
I know that many international companies use moving companies for overseas moves - IBM, HP, ARCO, etc. You could contact a company or even a real estate agency in your area and ask if they have any recommendations.

Good luck!
GOOD MORNING AQ!!!
Feb 19, 2009 5:30am
Thread
I posted a Good Morning on NC and got an unhappy customer from GA so I posted a Good morning msg on GA board so that I don't have to visit each and every dadgum board on AQ (although one day I might try that)...HERE IS EVERYONE'S Good Morning message

GOOD MORNING HAVE A CONFETTI FILLED DAY ****LOADS, AIMS and FIRES Confetti Cannon(which I borrowed from *Saels)*****

GG
Re: GOOD MORNING AQ!!!
Reply to: #352416 by Goofy girl
Feb 19, 2009 5:43am
Thread
Boyo...one bad apple...

obviously didn't have coffee yet!

Morning from KY!
Reply to: #352422 by MoWizLiz
Feb 19, 2009 6:33am
Thread
'Nother mornin' from Kentucky! Just cause we're THAT friendly!! And I've had TWO large cups of coffee...
EMMM
*waving to Mo and GG and everybody else who will see*
Reply to: #352422 by MoWizLiz
Feb 19, 2009 6:34am
Thread
Oh, and Mo... I wouldn't use our abbreviation with this bunch... it can go in all the wrong directions! LOL Lesson learned...
EMMM