A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Yakking It Up

Re: Disney World-----9 days left!
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #247328 by Kelseys Kreations
Jul 3, 2008 9:37am
Thread
:) I m sure he will! He will bring you a speciall souvinier!
Reply to: #247349 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 10:06am
Thread
:) I m sure he will! He will bring you a speciall souvinier!

LOL she will indeed :)

Yay a souvenier...the kids will enjoy that...that is of course if Kirby gives it up when she returns home LOL
Re: new trail name suggestions! HELP!
Reply to: #246537 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 1:49pm
Thread
Monkito maybe? or Monito? (monkey in spanish)

monkey in spanish is mono...: http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/index.html

here is a link....

Butterfly Melody
Braces-teeth pulled out.
Jul 3, 2008 1:52pm
Thread
I have to get two "canines" out from the orthodonitst. Thank goodness they are a little loose and small.:) My mom said they "numb" your mouth, and it doesnt hurt when they pull. Has anyone been through this? Is it painful? Thanks
Re: Braces-teeth pulled out.
Reply to: #247469 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 1:57pm
Thread
I wouldn't think it would be too painful. It'll feel strange when it's over but that should be the worst part.

Your trail name has suddenly become more appropriate......

S.L.
Jul 3, 2008 1:57pm
Thread
i had my wisdom teeth removed in college, 2 pulled, 2 cut out. they drugged me up real good & didn't feel a thing :)
Jul 3, 2008 1:59pm
Thread
I have had 11 teeth pulled in my life. Three baby teeth not coming out, four teeth before I got braces and four wisdom teeth.

They do numb your mouth thoroughly. Probably the worst sensation will be knowing they are pulling the teeth out but not feeling it.

My mom got me a milkshake both times when I had them pulled for braces (they did 2 at a time) and I stretched out on the couch, watched TV and recovered with my milkshake. I felt a little groggy (but then any anthesia affects me.)

Allow yourself some downtime to recover afterward and you'll be just fine (and get a milkshake!)

KuKu
Reply to: #247476 by A Son of Liberty
Jul 3, 2008 2:06pm
Thread
:) Thank you.
Reply to: #247477 by the pink dragon
Jul 3, 2008 2:07pm
Thread
wow ! thanks
Jul 3, 2008 2:08pm
Thread
Is it painful?

After- is worse than during...but like KuKu said...milkshakes.

Anytime one of us had teeth pulled, Mom stocked up on...pudding, ice cream, popsicles, milkshakes, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes and soup....did I mention pudding?!! My personal favorite!! :-)

Flip21
Reply to: #247480 by KuKu
Jul 3, 2008 2:09pm
Thread
Thanks! Are you a kid? Because im only 11. I think the smaller they are the less it will hurt. So you dont feel anything?
Jul 3, 2008 2:09pm
Thread
Allow yourself some downtime to recover afterward and you'll be just fine (and get a milkshake!)

Just don't use a straw when drinking that milkshake. Sucking on a straw can lead to dry sockets.

TG
Reply to: #247488 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 2:11pm
Thread
Because im only 11.

If you are 11, you are not supposed to have an AQ account. This is a 13+ website.

TG
Reply to: #247487 by FunkyMonkey12
Jul 3, 2008 2:12pm
Thread
What kinds of food can you not eat

Everything except straw sucking is allowed....it's up to you based on pain or tenderness.

I never liked pizza, popcorn or nuts...anything crunchy afterwards.
Flip21
Reply to: #247489 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 3, 2008 2:15pm
Thread
I had to get one of my baby teeth pulled out so they could put the rest of my braces on. It was already a little bit loose. The worst part was when they put the needle in but even that wasn't really that bad. I don't remember having any pain afterwards either.
Reply to: #247486 by Flip21
Jul 3, 2008 2:16pm
Thread
Thanks!
Reply to: #247488 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 2:16pm
Thread
I'm 47, so my teeth were pulled out long ago — but those braces gave me a beautiful smile!

Now, don't freak out, but they have to numb your mounth with a shot. Even at 47, when the dentist has to give me a shot, I close my eyes. You don't have to watch but you will feel a few "pricks" of the needle. Dentists/orthos are really good at doing this, so though you can't grit your teeth, just bear the first prick or two. Any others they have to do a few minutes later, you won't be feeling. Eventually, it will be really numb.

Just know that lots of us have experienced this, whether at 11 or a little older. It's not lots of fun but have your favorite milkshake afterward!

Maybe you could plant a box about this, or maybe we could all participate in a postal, in which we could write down our experiences.

KuKu
Jul 3, 2008 2:24pm
Thread
Leaf Eater - my experience and those of my daughters was the same as Kuku. So, follow her advice:

Definitely, take care of yourself. And, you GOTTA get the milkshake or ice cream. The cold actually feels so good! :D
Reply to: #247491 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 3, 2008 3:05pm
Thread
It is for all ages. Laney Bug is 4 years old.
Reply to: #247491 by Trekkie Gal
Jul 3, 2008 3:07pm
Thread
If you are 11, you are not supposed to have an AQ account. This is a 13+ website.

Watch out! It's the (childless) AQ police!

What if LeafEater's mom or dad is supervising her visit and conversation? There are plenty of other kids out there who have accounts.

My daughter is 7 and has an account. Wilst thou arrest me?

*S
Reply to: #247519 by BrewHiker
Jul 3, 2008 3:09pm
Thread
Yes. My mom always comes boxing with me, even though she doesnt have an account. She watches everytime i do stuff. Thanks anyway.
Jul 3, 2008 3:24pm
Thread
Quote Wilst thou arrest me?

Don't even think of giving wassa another opportunity for fake cops . . .

KuKu
Reply to: #247525 by KuKu
Jul 3, 2008 3:25pm
Thread
Don't even think of giving wassa another opportunity for fake cops . . .

Somebody call? heheheeeee
-wassamatta_u
Reply to: #247526 by wassamatta u
Jul 3, 2008 3:26pm
Thread
Quote Don't even think of giving wassa another opportunity for fake cops . . .

Somebody call? heheheeeee
-wassamatta_u

AUUUUGGGHH!

KuKu
Reply to: #247518 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 5:26pm
Thread
It is for all ages.

No, I'm sorry, but it's not. Your parent can create an account for you, but you can not be allowed access to it until you are 13 years old. And you definitely should not be on the boards. Read the second line of this: http://www.atlasquest.com/aboutlb/wiki/browse.html?gCatId=29#q99

Laney Bug is 4 years old.

Something tells me she isn't using her account herself.

TG
Reply to: #247518 by LeafEater
Jul 3, 2008 5:29pm
Thread
According to the site owner Ryan Carpenter you are supposed to be at least 13 to operate your own account. Some parents, myself included, have created accounts for underage kids so they have a place for finds to be logged but the parents usually do the logging.

So, no, the site is not for all ages. I knew you were young but didn't know you were that young.

Knit Wit
Jul 3, 2008 5:34pm
Thread
Quote What if LeafEater's mom or dad is supervising her visit and conversation?

What if they're not?

Most users on here make the assumption that the person they are responding to is "old enough to be here". There have been recent discussions that have gotten nasty enough that I would hate to think of someone responding angrily toward a kid that young.

Knit Wit
Reply to: #247564 by knit wit
Jul 3, 2008 5:58pm
Thread
What if LeafEater's mom or dad is supervising her visit and conversation?

There's no evidence that this is the case, however, and if her parents are supervising her visit and conversations, they're doing a pretty lousy job of it. But it doesn't really matter--the message boards are not appropriate for children under 13, so I've frozen LeafEater's account. When she's 13, I can thaw it again.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #247312 by Shadohart
Jul 3, 2008 6:31pm
Thread
Oh no! The peddlers are gone? Is nothing sacred?!?!?!?!

DebBee
Jul 3, 2008 8:48pm
Thread
It doesn't hurt when they pull them out. (This is coming from someone who has had at least 5 teeth pulled.) However, when they put the shot to numb your mouth it huts for about 6 seconds and then it's over. Afterwards, when it numbs down, I feel pain. So, be sure to bring some painkilling medicine (I had to learn that the hard way)... =)

~BOB~