Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!

Re: Clean up missing/un-found letterboxes
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
Reply to: #974521 by Baqash
Apr 24, 2019 3:00pm
Thread
Did this really need to be cross posted?

I was just about to say the same thing. There are two discussions going on. Not necessary.
Reply to: #974502 by Maude
Apr 24, 2019 5:24pm
Thread
I do check on some of them every year, and log that maintenance, but I can't do all of them every year.

I think that this is the way to do it; just check on a few a year. And make sure that you get by all of them every few years, at least those close to you. The ones not close to you will need to be checked on by boxers close by.

Not that I have checked on all of my boxes over the past five years, but it is a goal. I have checked on some of them over this time.
Reply to: #974533 by Oberon_Kenobi
Apr 25, 2019 7:13am
Thread
I have a better idea. Y'all get on a group party bus and get on down here. Let me know in the comments how much you love my boxes, mail me any full logbooks, replace baggies/logbooks as needed and let me know when you'll be here, so we can meet up in a restaurant for Tex Mex. Plan on 5 days, just to drive across Texas and fight over who gets to sleep while someone else drives through El Paso.

A girl can dream. . .

No offense to El Pasoeans. I think. I won the toss.
Reply to: #974551 by Wry Me
Apr 25, 2019 1:29pm
Thread
Nuts. I forgot to cross-post.
Re: It's True!
Reply to: #974387 by dingus dufus
Apr 25, 2019 8:56pm
Thread
should series with a logbook in every box be identified so that the sane can avoid them?

back in the day, and i guess there are still a few diehard purists out there, all letterboxes had a logbook or were not considered a letterbox. i can remember tearing pages out of my logbook simply so that i could stamp my signature and leave it in the box, joining all the other loose signature papers in there.

course back then there were very very few series. i believe i have a few series out there that have a logbook in every box. i could care less if everyone is stamped in. in fact it does seem rather redundant. but the truth is that i am too lazy, or too busy, to go remove them. to stamp or not to stamp........ what ever tickles your pleasure.

smile
Re: It's True!
Reply to: #974593 by uneksia
Apr 26, 2019 1:06am
Thread
...i have a few series out there that have a logbook in every box.

There are actually two different situations here. There are series in which all the clues are spelled out on the clue page so you can find all of them or you can pick and choose. For these, it might make more sense to put a log book in every box.

Alternatively, there are series where the clue to Box #2 is in Box #1. If you don't find Box #1, you won't be finding Box #2. For these, it makes sense to put just one or two log books in the entire series, perhaps one in the first box and one in the last.