Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!

by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
No logbook? No problem, we're being bitten by mosquitoes / ticks are attacking us / the rain would have destroyed it / snow is COLD, anyway. The box should have a logbook anyway. If the finder doesn't wanna bother with stamping in for whatever reason,...
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
Want to make boxing more fun, do it like in Dartmoor... NO CLUES... look under rocks, maybe there might be a box there... oh wait, Connecticut is that way... lol, in reality you really can't do that in Connecticut because there are so many rocks. There...
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Want to make boxing more fun, do it like in Dartmoor... NO CLUES That's how I run my Letterboxers Egg Hunt every year. You have the option of going Dartmoor style with no clues at all, or you can have cryptic clues written by Not A Lone Wolf Anymore fo...
by HoneychyckProfileContactLogbookNote
Well, some don't ~shrugs~
by Early RisersProfileContactLogbookNote
The box should have a logbook anyway. If the finder doesn't wanna bother with stamping in for whatever reason, fine. Not that there's any reason to care whether I like an idea or not but................I like this idea!
But, heck, thanks for letting me know that I'm a lazy cheap boxer because I deliberately chose not to put a logbook in a handful of my boxes. Nono, you're only lazy & cheap on the days you plant boxes with no logbooks. Otherwise you're a workaholic sp...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
The box should have a logbook anyway Does that mean that if you plant a 15 box series you're going to put a logbook in all 15 boxes??
Does that mean that if you plant a 15 box series you're going to put a logbook in all 15 boxes?? Even I'm willing to draw the line on that one. :) On the other hand, when boxing first came to Illinois, that was how it was done. Tho the most I rememb...
by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
Does that mean that if you plant a 15 box series you're going to put a logbook in all 15 boxes?? It was suggested that boxes without logbooks be identified with an icon for the purists to avoid. Conversly, should series with a logbook in every box be...
by HoneychyckProfileContactLogbookNote
Best. Reply. Yet. 🤩😂
by DevilinDogProfileContactLogbookNote
ALL of the stamps I found were store bought. very disappointing. My experience was that the clues were difficult to follow and boxes were often missing. I did charity walks, which seems to be the way you can get your 100 stamps to get "real" clues....
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Does that mean that if you plant a 15 box series you're going to put a logbook in all 15 boxes?? I planted a 12-box series and put a logbook in all 12 boxes. At first I had only 2-4 out at a time, in a rotation. Now I have them all out, year round....
by Trailhead TessieProfileContactLogbookNote
The box should have a logbook anyway. If the finder doesn't wanna bother with stamping in for whatever reason, fine. Now that I think about it, when I find a box without a logbook (and it's not part of a series), I tend to assume it used to have a logb...
Conversly, should series with a logbook in every box be identified so that the sane can avoid them? Good one. Nah, I'll just stamp in the first, middle, and last. And the middle depends on how many boxes in the series. :) Works for me.
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Damn. Pretty sure I've been in every Dead Horses thread since the dawn of time. Frankly, I thought it would happen sooner.
by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
I’ve done this with my indoor holiday events. Finding the boxes were so much more difficult and participants sometimes asked for clues. They have all been good sports and rewarded with top notch carves from around the country. In a nutshell, I create a...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Hah! I had the same neighbor! Hey, then your neighbor was my dad! ~DarkZen - financially responsible and living independently since 18. 😎
by GrapenutsProfileContactLogbookNote
I would love it if everyone who has ever placed a LB would review all of them, check on them, and if they are not currently available, RETIRE THEM! It's getting to the point where LB-ing is losing its appeal due to all the non-existent boxes that are...
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
So I can't plant around me, because there is no one active. I plant my boxes states away and can't check on them. I have often found some that haven't been found in several years and sometimes, I've even found boxes that were listed as missing but were...
by RocklunProfileContactLogbookNote
I could do this if I had only 10 local plants, but I've planted quite a few boxes, most of which are on hikes. I do check on my boxes when I'm in the area, but checking on all of my boxes just to see if they're still there would be a full-time job. F...
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
I concur with most of what others have said, except I'm not the only boxer in my area. There are three others within a 75 mile radius. However, once they have found my boxes, it may be a while before anyone else stops to find them. We are not near an...
by BaqashProfileContactLogbookNote
Did this really need to be cross posted?
Did this really need to be cross posted? I was just about to say the same thing. There are two discussions going on. Not necessary.
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
I do check on some of them every year, and log that maintenance, but I can't do all of them every year. I think that this is the way to do it; just check on a few a year. And make sure that you get by all of them every few years, at least those close...
I have a better idea. Y'all get on a group party bus and get on down here. Let me know in the comments how much you love my boxes, mail me any full logbooks, replace baggies/logbooks as needed and let me know when you'll be here, so we can meet up in...
Nuts. I forgot to cross-post.
by uneksiaProfileContactLogbookNote
should series with a logbook in every box be identified so that the sane can avoid them? back in the day, and i guess there are still a few diehard purists out there, all letterboxes had a logbook or were not considered a letterbox. i can remember tear...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
...i have a few series out there that have a logbook in every box. There are actually two different situations here. There are series in which all the clues are spelled out on the clue page so you can find all of them or you can pick and choose. For...