A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Critter Corner

Re: My Cat
Board: Critter Corner
Reply to: #525909 by DragonDs
Jul 6, 2010 10:41am
Thread
I have used Rescue Remedy on my cats. It just kinda chills them out, and I didn't have to go to the vet to get 'kitty downers' for the 4th of July!

Good luck with the move. I live in the Denver area - so hopefully we'll get a chance to swap stories in person!

~RW
Reply to: #526855 by RavenWolf
Jul 6, 2010 10:49am
Thread
I wish they had Rescue Remedy for humans. I could use a little right now. Oh, I know! It's called Jack Daniels! And you get it at that special store!
Re: Sparky!
Reply to: #526847 by Beachcomber
Jul 6, 2010 10:51am
Thread
I'm just bummed because my previous dog, Buddy, had so many problems with arthritis. I didn't want Sparky to follow in his paw prints. I've already told him that he's not to pick up any more bad habits from me, my arthritis is being a pain today.
Re: Sparky!
Reply to: #526858 by judithandsparky
Jul 6, 2010 11:01am
Thread
Our Oreo is on glucosamine and also tramadol for pain. It's so hard when she wants to run around like a puppy and then has trouble getting back up the stairs afterwards.
Reply to: #526857 by judithandsparky
Jul 6, 2010 12:07pm
Thread
actually humans can use rescue remedy it is sold in our local "health food store"
with the other specialty supplements
Reply to: #526857 by judithandsparky
Jul 7, 2010 6:17pm
Thread
I wish they had Rescue Remedy for humans. I could use a little right now.

You can use it. I buy mine at the health food store and have used it on myself as well as the dogs. It is awesome. I used it when I was defending my dissertation - it just took the edge of my nervousness off without making me sleepy or too relaxed.

Katy
PetsHotel?
Jul 7, 2010 6:53pm
Thread
Has anyone ever boarded a dog at a PetSmart PetsHotel? What did you think about it? How was it? I know each would have different employees, but the set up should be pretty standard, right?

We're driving from California to Georgia at the end of the month. Our first stop is Las Vegas and we were thinking about boarding the dogs at a PetsHotel in Henderson for one night. We have boarded them many times before, but always at the same place. Plus, since it's a five hour drive away, we won't be able to check it out ahead of time, which I don't like. Anyway, any information or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
~ DisneyFreak1101
Re: PetsHotel?
Reply to: #527212 by DisneyFreak1101
Jul 7, 2010 8:02pm
Thread
I have a friend with a high-energy border collie who's tried many places and this is their favorite. I'm their emergency contact and I've had to go spend time with their dog while it stayed at a couple other spots and make decisions about vet care when she's rubbed her nose raw about of OCD/worry behaviors, but she gets along fine at PetSmart. Comes home tired but mostly normal - not frantic from being away from her family. At this point, I don't think they'd consider boarding her anywhere else.

pearlicue
Reply to: #527201 by Katy
Jul 7, 2010 8:09pm
Thread
When you buy the Rescue Remedy, do you buy the one for humans and give it to your pets or do you buy the one specifically for pets for your pets and the human one for you? I ask because frequently they are the same thing just in different packaging and if you are buying it at a health food store it seems that they would only have the human one? The human one is also much cheaper =o) I am definitely interested in this for our cats should we be moving.

Cheers!
Rhea
Miss T has a new hangout
Jul 8, 2010 3:18pm
Thread
Re: Miss T has a new hangout
Reply to: #527470 by Baqash
Jul 8, 2010 3:49pm
Thread
Love all the great pics!
Reply to: #527470 by Baqash
Jul 9, 2010 5:29am
Thread
Fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing. :D

The web link I looked at the other day, didn't give me all the pictures. The next one did and so did this one. :D Must be an AOL thing. It's weird sometimes.

Thanks for sharing. She looks wonderful!
Tri-Colored Paws, and paws, and paws and paws
Reply to: #527642 by Tri-Colored Paws
Jul 9, 2010 6:54am
Thread
it more likely has to do with which link I posted. I can post for the entire blog scrolling or just one entry. you can always see previous ones by clicking on the links in the right side bar. So.. no... can't blame AOL on this one.
Reply to: #527231 by The Gillespie Tribe
Jul 9, 2010 1:00pm
Thread
Honestly, I didn't even know they had one specifically for pets. I just get the human one, the tincture that you administer via a dropper, rather than the mist. When I'm gone for long periods of time, I have the dog sitter add drops to the water and it really seems to help. I've also added drops directly to my dogs' tongues for more immediate effect.

Katy
Rescue Remedy/glucosamine
Jul 14, 2010 6:58am
I think I am going to try some of that for my cats...I have several issues going on here that I really need to address!

I also wanted to tell you all of a product that I used with my elderly BC and now with a fat beagle that we have. Both were suffering from arthritis and I got Flavocin from a company. They shepp it every month so you never run out. I got a similar product from this company for my horse that was a miracle! You can check it out here: http://www.propetsciences.com/ HTH--TErrio
Wealth of Information!
Jul 16, 2010 7:05am
Thread
Hi all, I have been offline recently for a while. My Mom just passed away and am wondering if there is some way to tell your dog she will not be coming back, or do they just sense it? The dog keeps going to her bedroom and laying on her bed, and still looks for her. Moping around, as there is not as much activity in these recent days since Mom's passing, now that funeral is over, and brother and wife have left town. So quiet here. Me and Dusty, only, now. Any ideas, or tips?
Wow! such a wealth of information I have read, pet hotels, and nervous medicine for me and my dog, sure want to thank you all for all those tips and info. So enjoyed too, Baqash, seeing your Miss T, beautiful is the word, alright.
Thanks for any reply,
OD
Re: Wealth of Information!
Reply to: #529229 by Okie Dog
Jul 16, 2010 7:11am
Thread
So sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from you. I don't really have any tips to make the dog understand that Mom's absence is permanent. You can't tell it that she's gone, but after a few days moping, he'll move on too. I think the dog is just grieving in its own way.

Hugs to you and the dog,
TrailTroll
Jul 16, 2010 10:01am
Thread
I'm so sorry OD. I wish I could hug you.

Sounds like puppy is in mourning already. I would just be there for him with as much or as little attention he needs. He will let you know.
Jul 16, 2010 12:14pm
Thread
So sorry to hear of your loss. Just treat the dog like you would anyone who is grieving. Some quiet, peaceful time together and then gradually find some pleasant activities. Maybe take him/her to a new park or a short ride in the car. Just something to divert his attention for a short while. Be kind and patient with yourself too. storm rider
Reply to: #529317 by storm rider
Jul 16, 2010 12:51pm
Thread
Thank you, Storm Rider, Missy, and TT, all good advice. And thank you too, for your love and compassion for myself. Save a hug for me if and when we meet, I'll take that gladly. Who knows, I may be traveling now......its a cinch I'll have plenty of time to do so...my best friend sounds interested in boxing, whoppee!! She's talking of retiring end of this year...ha ha, Road Trip!! Must start saving my pennies......dollars would be better....
Thanks,
OD
Reply to: #529327 by Okie Dog
Jul 17, 2010 7:07am
Thread
Hugs to you and the pup OD! It is too bad that you couldnt have taken him to see the body. That is what I always do for the animals here...we havent lost any people though--just other animals. Does anyone know if that is allowed to take a pet to the funeral home? Might be a good thing for us animal lovers to know. Terrio
Re: PetsHotel?
Reply to: #527212 by DisneyFreak1101
Jul 19, 2010 11:42am
Thread
Has anyone ever boarded a dog at a PetSmart PetsHotel?

Sorry for the slow resonse, but I' haven't been on line. We board the HH puppies (CommunityandCemetery if you want to check out their profile) and they LOVE it. As soon as we pull up in front of the store, they start with the whole body wag of excitement. I don't feel at all guilty about leaving them there.

Our dogs are highly social, and high energy. We usually alternate between extra play time and day camp while they are there to be sure they aren't bored. We've had nothing but positive experiences, and they come home very tired and docile.

On one trip, Community developed a urinary tract infection, and we found they have an on-staff doctor for such situations. They isolated and treated her, and since it happened to be the day we were picking up the dogs, she stayed in the vet's area until we came in.

As you said, staff is different everywhere, but the local staff is fantastic with our guys.

Artemis - who threatens some days to drop the HH puppies back at a box .
A Day at the Beach
Jul 31, 2010 10:58pm
Thread
Name help!
Aug 1, 2010 4:00pm
Thread
My new filly, born May 27th, needs a registered name. I was wondering if any one would care to help? The registry states her name must begin with the same letter as her father. So, her name MUST begin with the letter "R". His name is Routinier, her dam (mother) registered name is Gentle Wolf. We are calling her "Rue" for a barn (nick) name.

Her full brothers name is Revolver, her full sisters name is Roulette. As you can see, any word, whether a real "person like" name, a city, a real or made up name flies.

If I end up using your suggestion, I will send you a sheet of Pink Stuff.

Game on!

Idlemoon
Re: Name help!
Reply to: #533269 by idlemoon
Aug 1, 2010 4:30pm
Thread
Ruby Wolf
Running gentle
Rudbeckia breeze

still thinking...

~Aurora
Aug 1, 2010 4:31pm
Thread
Seems like you should keep with the gun theme (revolver, roulette as in Russian roulette) and go with Remmington!
Aug 1, 2010 4:37pm
Thread
How about Ruger. could even spell it Rueger for something a little different.

~Aurora
Aug 1, 2010 4:43pm
Thread
How about Reading Rain?
Aug 1, 2010 4:49pm
Thread