A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Board: Suggestion Box

Re: AQ Number on Mapped Searches
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #982728 by Janila
Jan 21, 2020 1:19pm
Thread
I'm seeing the numbers after I hit Map results when doing a search. Scroll beneath the map with the balloons and the list of boxes appears along with AQ number.
Reply to: #982728 by Janila
Jan 21, 2020 1:19pm
Thread
I don't see AQ numbers anywhere on the map listing.

It shouldn't require any refreshing or logging in and out to see this update. What is the URL that you're looking at? All I can think of is that maybe you're looking on an entirely different map page, although off the top of my head I can only think of the one page that displays maps.

-- Ryan
Re: Simple Searches by Dates
Reply to: #982715 by phynstar
Jan 21, 2020 3:48pm
Thread
Is there a way in which “Simple search” can include search by dates

Or figs, don't care much for dates, but I could really get behind a search by figs.
Reply to: #982729 by Wronghat
Jan 21, 2020 3:55pm
Thread
I'm seeing the numbers after I hit Map results when doing a search. Scroll beneath the map with the balloons and the list of boxes appears along with AQ number.

Not seeing them there.
Reply to: #982730 by Green Tortuga
Jan 21, 2020 4:16pm
Thread
What is the URL that you're looking at?

This was my test. I have tried it on my computer and my phone.
Reply to: #982727 by MissMoon
Jan 21, 2020 5:05pm
Thread
Sometimes I have a date for a found stamp, but no name under it. Even if an oldest/newest was offered?
Re: Help with Keywords
Reply to: #982723 by Kirbert
Jan 21, 2020 7:45pm
Thread
That would actually work if used in another way: [....]

I didn't give enough information then.

What I mean is that multiple boxes are provided so that your browser fills in previous values. When submitted, AQ will combine all of the boxes into one, separated by commas.

But while I was thinking of this response, I came up with a better idea: Modern browsers support Javascript, or something better. As you finish typing into the first box, when you enter a space or comma, the keyword is appended to another box with all of the keywords. So (I'm not sure that the browser cache will work this way), the browser will learn all of the keywords, one at a time, and you get all of them in one field; the best of both worlds.

If the browser cache doesn't work this way then all of the keywords can be fetched by the Javascript and the page's code will do the matching.

Just a suggestion, and I don't know if it will work, but feel free to implement it. Again, I don't know if it will work or even be a high enough priority to even implement.
Reply to: #982744 by phynstar
Jan 21, 2020 8:26pm
Thread
I don’t know what you mean. And admin would have to make any changes anyway so...
Reply to: #982738 by Janila
Jan 21, 2020 9:55pm
Thread
Yep, that was on a page I forgot about. The URL for displaying the map of all boxes on a page of search results was different than the one for displaying just selected boxes of the results and I had forgotten about that only updating one of the two mapping pages.

They should both be updated now.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #982752 by Green Tortuga
Jan 22, 2020 2:31am
Thread
Great, thank you! I was beginning to think I was imagining things!
Box #
Feb 4, 2020 10:52am
Thread
Could we please get the box numbers to also show on the 'nearby boxes' search?
Re: Box #
Reply to: #983149 by SherlockMiles
Feb 4, 2020 11:09am
Thread
This would be handy.
Find Date
Feb 6, 2020 7:23pm
Thread
When I record a box after the date I find it, I forget to change the Date Found value on the form before I submit it. Every. Single. Time. I then have to delete my find and re-record it with the correct date. My humble request is to please make this field more prominent. The font for the date is smaller and has less weight than the text in the body of all the other controls. If it were bigger and bolder I don't think I would overlook it so much.
Re: Find Date
Reply to: #983215 by AstroBeast
Feb 6, 2020 7:25pm
Thread
I mess it up too - but I just re-record the find with the right date. The old date gets replaced.
Reply to: #983215 by AstroBeast
Feb 7, 2020 12:05am
Thread
My humble request is to please make this field more prominent.

No, do away with the default altogether. Date field should be blank until you click on it. Once you click on it, *then* today's date could come up as the default. If you don't click on it, when you try to post the log it comes back and says "Please enter a date for this log."
Reply to: #983221 by Kirbert
Feb 7, 2020 12:23pm
Thread
No, do away with the default altogether. Date field should be blank until you click on it.

I like this idea.... except for one thing. People who are recording a lot of finds from the same day (such as at a large event) might find it annoying to specify the date each time.

So.... what I've done instead is have the date not have a default the first time you record a find in a given session. After that, it will default to the last date you used.

Whenever you log out or otherwise start a new session, it will revert back to the default of no date being specified.

And it will give an error message if someone tries to submit the form without a date. =)

I also went ahead and redesigned the whole "record find" page just because it needed some other updates anyhow and added in that tweak.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #983252 by Green Tortuga
Feb 7, 2020 12:32pm
Thread
Thank you.
Reply to: #983252 by Green Tortuga
Feb 7, 2020 7:38pm
Thread