A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Suggestion Box

Re: My Recent Posts
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #932927 by Kirbert
Jul 29, 2017 1:55pm
Thread
On the "My Recent Posts" widget, it'd be nice if there was a button on the bottom that allowed you to see your older posts.

'Tis been done!

-- Ryan
Re: widget headers vs widget list
Reply to: #949277 by Green Tortuga
Jul 29, 2017 4:15pm
Thread
Awesome
Re: My Recent Posts
Reply to: #949279 by Green Tortuga
Jul 29, 2017 7:30pm
Thread
Thanks!
Re: Comment Date Request
Reply to: #947400 by Green Tortuga
Jul 30, 2017 6:41am
Thread
Thanks. Just wondering, were you looking at the date that they logged the find or the date they entered that they actually found the box? The latter date is the one that I really should match the comment. Based on people logging my boxes at events, I would guess that say more than 1% log their funds after the actual date they found them. I know I rarely have time to log stuff the day I find it because I use up all my time out finding it.
Re: Comment Date Request
Reply to: #949298 by MO UR4Me
Jul 30, 2017 7:50am
Thread
were you looking at the date that they logged the find or the date they entered that they actually found the box?

I was looking at a comparison of the two. I suspected that the vast majority of finds were recorded within a few days of the actual find, and I figured the order the comments and "incorrect" dates wouldn't even be an issue if the two dates were within a week of each other.

So I ran a query that counted the number of days between the recorded find date and the date the comment was listed and about 99% of them had been recorded within a week of their find date. Those who record a find months or years later are definitely an anomaly.

-- Ryan
non clue pictures
Aug 17, 2017 5:33am
Thread
Is there a setting that will print a non-clue picture with the clues? I often find that the decorative picture is helpful. (for example, its a picture of the building or sign of where I'm going) Now I have to snip it and then print to get both words and picture.
Re: non clue pictures
Reply to: #950211 by KatieKat
Aug 17, 2017 7:37am
Thread
I'm not referring to my own boxes, I'm talking about when I print clues to go out on the hunt.

When you add photos for your own boxes, there are only 2 options - clue or not clue. There is no not clue but 'print anyway.' What I'm thinking of is something that I would assume should be a per user setting.
My Statistics
Aug 17, 2017 11:39am
Thread
How's about adding Total days since most recent plant? And Total days since most recent find? to My Stats page.
I know you can get this data just by looking at the logbook and changing the way of arranging it, but since there is a Total days since first plant and find, these stats seem to me to belong here as well. And perhaps they'd spur me to get out there and letterbox if it's been too long like maybe a whole day.
Re: My Statistics
Reply to: #950224 by Wronghat
Aug 17, 2017 12:23pm
Thread
While you are at it, remove that horrible "Longest Find Drought" as I NEVER want to "improve" that.
Reply to: #950224 by Wronghat
Aug 17, 2017 3:53pm
Thread
Happy to see I'm not the only addict on AQ. I thought I had a problem, but I went letterboxing on my way home and changed my mind.
Reply to: #950235 by tie dye sue
Aug 17, 2017 5:00pm
Thread
Happy to see I'm not the only addict on AQ. I thought I had a problem, but I went letterboxing on my way home and changed my mind.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Reply to: #950204 by SherlockMiles
Aug 17, 2017 5:51pm
Thread
Is there a setting that will print a non-clue picture with the clues?

Set this theme as your theme. It will override AQ's default print settings to show decorative photos. That's all this "theme" will do.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #950242 by Green Tortuga
Aug 17, 2017 7:06pm
Thread
Yeah - that worked! Thank you.
Upload multiple event photos sequentially
Aug 23, 2017 3:11pm
Thread
I know it would not likely be simple, but have you considered making the event photo upload function so that you can select all your photos at once and then walk away while they upload one at a time?

Admittedly, I uploaded more of my event photos to Facebook first because I could get the upload started and then go wash off all my dirt and Eau De Deet.
recording info
Aug 24, 2017 8:04am
Thread
Logging an event series and wondered why the "status" of a box in a series is not also listed on the recording page. This only came to mind because some of the 56 boxes in this event series were retired/unavailable. It was a challenge to determine which ones I needed to log on the recording page without going back and forth to the that listing's homepage. (Stamps or logbook was not labeled with titles.) Could a retired/unavailable box within a series be modified in some way so it's distinguishable from the available ones on the recording page? Lots of good info on homepage (#, status) but not on recording page. I also noticed some boxers recorded that all were found. Having the status available on recording page MIGHT deter inaccurate reporting; although, that is not my reason for the suggestion.

--LISTING HOMEPAGE--
Name Status Last Found My Finds My Attempts
1. TARDIS active Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017 —
2. 1st Doctor retired Aug 21, 2017 — —
3. 2nd Doctor active Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017 —

--RECORDING PAGE--
Box Found N/A
TARDIS Found
1st Doctor
2nd Doctor Found
Re: recording info
Reply to: #950461 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Aug 24, 2017 8:26am
Thread
I agree. I had to write down the names of the active ones on paper and go to the record page and click.
Aug 24, 2017 8:28am
Thread
Frog, on another note, I'm amazed at how many event boxes I missed. They must have been somewhere other than the lodge -- I never saw them.
Aug 24, 2017 8:53am
Thread
I figured out how to do it when I was logging the pinups. Record all of them, then go to your logbook and delete the finds listed unavailable/retired. That went really fast.
Re: Upload multiple event photos sequentially
Reply to: #950451 by MO UR4Me
Aug 24, 2017 9:33am
Thread
I see the button to upload photos, but how do we find our album to view them? There are pages and pages of albums.
Re: Upload multiple event photos sequentially
Reply to: #950469 by Topcollector
Aug 24, 2017 4:06pm
Thread
Theres an event album on the event page. Click the view album buttom at the top of the page (next to event boxes, save finds, etc)

Or use this link: https://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?albumId=4533
Undo Button
Sep 19, 2017 6:58pm
Thread
So, I'm a dummy . . .

Plotting a weekend trip to Milwaukee (never boxed there before), and I yellow tagged a bunch of boxes.

Then, I pulled up my search just with yellow tags and had a grand total of 50 boxes!!!

Way to many for the 5-6 hours we will have to actually box.

I slowly whittle them down, removing the yellow tag as I go . . . . THEN, I checked off 4 boxes to remove the tag and hit "REMOVE TAG," only to find out I reversed the process. I lost everything . . . except for the 4 boxes I wanted to get rid of.

Ryan, anyway you can add an "Undo" Button? Would've been handy a few minutes ago.

hx6
Re: Undo Button
Reply to: #951485 by Hart x6
Sep 19, 2017 9:10pm
Thread
I slowly whittle them down, removing the yellow tag as I go . . . . THEN, I checked off 4 boxes to remove the tag and hit "REMOVE TAG," only to find out I reversed the process. I lost everything . . . except for the 4 boxes I wanted to get rid of.

I'm confused.... You selected four boxes to remove the tag from, then all of the other tags were removed? That sounds more like a bug!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #951501 by Green Tortuga
Sep 20, 2017 2:50pm
Thread
No, no bug at all.

I thought I "check marked" the 4 . . . then I scroll down and hit "Remove Tag" -- UNFORTUNATELY, they were all checked marked, and I removed the checkmark. Then when I hit "Remove Tag," it removed the tag from all of the boxes, except for the 4 I inadvertently unchecked.

With an "undo button" I could have undone my "DOH!" moment.

hx6
Reply to: #951541 by Hart x6
Sep 20, 2017 6:29pm
Thread
As a suggestion, add a button to keep only the checked ones. Maybe this is already there because I haven't used this feature in a while.

Also, the Undo button is a good idea.
Reply to: #951553 by Oberon_Kenobi
Sep 21, 2017 7:27am
Thread
I need an undo button for life. Not to get too philosophical here, but if it were me who designed the universe, I would have added that functionality to the belly button. Just push at 5PM if you want to undo your day :)
Reply to: #951572 by Sir Braemoor
Sep 21, 2017 7:51am
Thread
Yes! A Bely Button!
Compass
Sep 21, 2017 3:15pm
Thread
The entry for "Compass" in the AQ Glossary as well as the "Compassing 101" tutorial should include mention that you can download a free compass app for most smartphones. It doesn't work with all smartphones; it requires that the smartphone has a magnetic field sensor, and some of the lower-cost smartphones do not. But you can just download the app and see if it works; if it doesn't, just delete the app.

Also note that if you have a case with a magnetic clasp or other magnets on your person, you cannot expect your smartphone compass app to work well. Or your actual compass, for that matter.
Reply to: #951572 by Sir Braemoor
Sep 21, 2017 7:08pm
Thread
I need an undo button for life.

How would you like to be able to Echo/Back?
Re: Compass
Reply to: #951600 by Kirbert
Sep 21, 2017 7:14pm
Thread
And if you don't have a smartphone (like myself and Warren Buffett, which I imagine is the only thing we have in common), you can get a pet Canadian goose. They have a magnetic field sensor, and a much longer battery life :)
Re: Compass
Reply to: #951607 by Sir Braemoor
Sep 21, 2017 8:32pm
Thread
And if you don't have a smartphone (like myself and Warren Buffett, which I imagine is the only thing we have in common)

I bet you have many more things in common. Here are some examples:
  • You both have at least $1 to your name.
  • You both live in a house/apartment.
  • You both associate with other people most every day.

I'm sure that you can think of many more things. Don't think that any of us are so far apart, even if we disagree on some things or don't have as many things.