Jul 21, 2016 10:49am
Thread
Hooray!
Re: Spam!
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #931562 by General Word Nerd
Jul 21, 2016 12:50pm
Thread
Someday my nigerian prince will come! Once I send him that $$$$ check...
Reply to: #931559 by General Word Nerd
Jul 21, 2016 1:22pm
Thread
Y'know, those scams must work on some people. Otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.
Reply to: #931554 by Sunia
Jul 21, 2016 3:26pm
Thread
Ya know, it's dinner time here, and I'm trying to motivate myself to go cook. I see this, and think "Yeah...some good Spam recipes for dinner!" But noooooo, my hopes for gourmet canned meat product are dashed again. Back to eating it raw out of the can!
Reply to: #931577 by Kirbert
Jul 22, 2016 12:46pm
Thread
We actually had a client who sent a bunch of money to someone because she won a lottery in England. My boss told her to call the FBI.
Reply to: #931650 by Topcollector
Jul 22, 2016 2:09pm
Thread
One time my nephew was playing online poker. There was no money involved, but there could be; basically, you were invited to play for no stakes until you were ready to start gambling. My brother and I mused about the chances that the site was legit, ran honest games, etc., so my nephew decided to look into it. He quickly discovered that the poker site was hosted in Costa Rica. "Yeah, you'll get your money back from that!"
Suggestion: Add Event Calendar Export (Google Cal and iCal)
Aug 2, 2016 8:31am
Thread
I'd love to see integration of events with calendar exports to Google Calendar. Perhaps there are other popular formats out there as well that could be added as a calendar export option as well. It would be doubly awesome if AQ knew my calendar preference and automatically exported the event to my calendar when I join an event, to avoid a second action. I suppose some might not want events to be automatically added, so a personal setting could include a do nothing setting, as well as specific Google Calendar subcalendar selections. All the same an Export to Calendar button by itself would be great.

Other than AQ telepathically doing box searches and logs for me, this would be my most desired new feature!

If others feel this feature would be worthy, chime in.

River Sol
Re: Suggestion: Add Event Calendar Export (Google Cal and iCal)
Reply to: #932209 by River Sol
Aug 3, 2016 7:58pm
Thread
YES!!!! Google calandar support would be awesome. Really, really awesome.
Followed threads widget
Aug 4, 2016 6:53am
There should be a "followed threads" widget like the favorite boards widget but for threads.
With settings to see all followed threads or only followed threads with new messages, and to automatically follow threads when you start a new thread or not
When you have this widget on your page you then would see buttons to follow and unfollow threads on the boards.
Larger Text
Aug 5, 2016 9:32am
I just made a post where I would have liked a character to be larger than usual. I wanted it inline with other text so I couldn't use the HEADING markups to make it larger. Even html markup is limited in what is accepted.

Please make it possible to make larger (and smaller) text inline with other text.

Can we change the color of text (other than the Wassa markup)? That would be neat to do too.
Disable reserved box hints page
Aug 6, 2016 7:31pm
I use reserved boxes a lot (every box I plant is first reserved actually), so it would be helpful to have an option in preferences to disable the hints page and go straight to the details when saving.
My Recent Posts
Aug 13, 2016 6:48pm
Thread
One thing that might be kinda handy: On the "My Recent Posts" widget, it'd be nice if there was a button on the bottom that allowed you to see your older posts.
Re: My Recent Posts
Reply to: #932927 by Kirbert
Aug 13, 2016 7:02pm
Thread
There already is. Top left corner, it says First or Previous. You can go backwards one at a time or go all the way back to your first post.
Reply to: #932928 by Don't Panic
Aug 13, 2016 7:06pm
Thread
I don't see that. On my widget, across the top are "Refresh", "Edit", "Close", and "Delete".
Reply to: #932930 by Kirbert
Aug 13, 2016 7:16pm
Thread
I don't use that widget. I go to my Profile page and click on recent posts. Then the buttons are there. You can do that from any profile page.
Reply to: #932934 by Don't Panic
Aug 13, 2016 7:34pm
Thread
OK, it took me a while to find the Recent Posts button because it's such a cute work of art. Yeah, I can see how that would work -- but I still think it'd be handy to have a "My Previous Posts" button at the bottom of the widget. Or perhaps just a button that'd take you to the same place the button on the My Profile page takes you.
xcel LTC download
Aug 14, 2016 7:54am
Thread
woot, woot! thank you, Green Tortuga for the xcel download update. Feeling rather organized!
Re: xcel LTC download
Reply to: #932959 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Aug 15, 2016 6:22am
Thread
Sounds helpful, where is it? Can anyone download it?
Re: xcel LTC download
Reply to: #932997 by scouttrekkie
Aug 19, 2016 7:08am
Thread
Sounds helpful, where is it? Can anyone download it?

It's a premium member perk which is available from the CSV button at the top of the search results.

-- Ryan
AQ Mail Drafts
Aug 19, 2016 8:02am
Thread
Has there been any thought of automatically putting messages started into a draft file if they are not completed for one reason or another? I was involved in a lengthy AQ mail today and got distracted and pushed the wrong key on my keyboard. Clicked the back arrow and my draft is totally gone. I have to start all over. Just a thought.
Re: AQ Mail Drafts
Reply to: #933169 by BBStacker
Aug 19, 2016 8:26am
Thread
I would love that, too!

I do this sometimes when writing clues. Now I usually type them in Word first and then paste them in. This prevents me from shrieking in frustration and scaring the heck out of the cats or family members.
Reply to: #933170 by Rocklun
Aug 19, 2016 8:46am
Thread
shrieking in frustration

I just did that a little while ago when I lost my AQ mail.

I agree with the idea of using Word and pasting. I usually think about that when it's too late though. i noticed my private email has a draft page and anytime I start an email it automatically goes into drafts and stays there quite awhile.
Aug 19, 2016 9:10am
Thread
That would be great. I have had a lot of problems writing clues, and having them disappear before I could finish. Sometimes it's just the internet going awry for a second, and all is lost.
Aug 19, 2016 10:20am
Thread
Has there been any thought of automatically putting messages started into a draft file if they are not completed for one reason or another? I was involved in a lengthy AQ mail today and got distracted and pushed the wrong key

Yes! Please reference our trail name.
Reply to: #933170 by Rocklun
Aug 19, 2016 4:25pm
Thread
Now I usually type them in Word first and then paste them in.

I just do them in Notepad. Word has too many features that won't translate into an AQ clue listing.
Reply to: #933183 by Kirbert
Aug 19, 2016 5:12pm
Thread
We seem to have wandered off topic.....as usual. The draft feature is being proposed for AQ mail, not AQ clues, right?
Peace
CTEE
Aug 19, 2016 5:47pm
Thread
I think BBStacker's idea is a good one too. Wasting time having to recreate something written is frustrating.
Aug 20, 2016 6:52am
Thread
An auto save would be helpful.
Distance less than 1/10th mile
Aug 27, 2016 11:26pm
Thread
I planted a box today that is 225 feet (along the trail) from the trailhead. This is a round-trip distance of 450 feet. I set the distance attribute to "Stroll" - 1 mile or less. I didn't set it to "Drive-By" because it is more than 50 feet from the parking lot.

There should be something in between these two. I don't know what to call it but it will let people know that it isn't a 5-minute-thing, but it also isn't a half-hour-thing.
Re: Distance less than 1/10th mile
Reply to: #933616 by Oberon_Kenobi
Aug 28, 2016 2:03am
Thread
I think most finders would call that distance a stroll. If you're concerned that people who are short on time might not look for it, you can always say something like "this box should take you only 10 minutes" in the clues.