About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Suggestion Box

Found, NA, Missing
Board: Suggestion Box
Mar 15, 2016 4:39am
Thread
Would it be possible to be required to select either Found, NA, or Missing instead of having Found as the default on individual boxes and NA as the default on a series? A popup could remind you to make a selection before being able to click on Record Find. I just got a Found notice on one of my boxes but the comment said "This box is no longer there!".
I've also forgotten to change NA to Found on a series before and had to go back and correct it when I realized the finds weren't showing up in my logbook.
Re: Found, NA, Missing
Reply to: #922205 by Scooters Mom
Mar 15, 2016 5:39am
Thread
I've also messed up with the NA default. Only discovered my error when the planter contacted me.
New replies widget
Mar 19, 2016 4:55am
Thread
My suggestion is a My Page widget that shows any new replies to your posts. You can click the edit button to choose whether you only want to see replies directly to your posts, or all replies that are after your posts in the structure.
Re: New replies widget
Reply to: #922554 by savaka
Mar 19, 2016 7:43am
Thread
On the "Favorite Boards" widget, there is button for "Replies To My Posts"
Re: New replies widget
Reply to: #922565 by Kelsung
Mar 19, 2016 7:53am
Thread
I know, but with a specific widget it only shows new replies and removes them once you've read them, so you can see on your My Page when you get new replies, and don't have to click another button as well.
Sort trackers by months/years
Apr 1, 2016 8:58pm
Thread
It would be a nice option to be able to view trackers by the month/year they were either listed or are due; especially in LTC trackers when you want to see which cards are due in certain months without having to scroll through everything. I know it already says on the side, but it gets rather tedious havi to scroll through all of the already completed trackers.
Re: Sort trackers by months/years
Reply to: #923463 by StampingIsMyForte
Apr 1, 2016 9:13pm
Thread
It would be a nice option to be able to view trackers by the month/year they were either listed or are due

If you click on the "launch date" column in your search results, it does sort the results based on the launch date (descending). Click it again and it'll sort it in the opposite direction (ascending).

You can sort based on the list date as well, but that's an advanced search.

-- Ryan
Re: Sort trackers by months/years
Reply to: #923464 by Green Tortuga
Apr 2, 2016 2:52pm
Thread
My trackers only give the choice of newest first or oldest first--which works for me, plus if I keep it up to date I have the countdown widget on my page which tells me when things will be due. If I search for newest first I usually don't have to scroll down too far down on the page and I have the completed trackers marked with a stop sign.
anonymous feedback
Apr 10, 2016 8:44pm
Thread
I have an idea how to quell some of the rancor that creates so much friction and consumes so much energy in the letterboxing community. we need a anonymous feedback loop for boxers. This loop would allow everyone to anonymously freely criticize, coach and teach everyone else how to meet the high standards of letterboxing. For instance do you know someone who is always the last finder????? think he is a sloppy hider and want to tell him to clean up his act but don't want to confront her about this aspect of her boxing, simply give anonymous feedback. No one else can see it, except the recipient, and its up to the recipient to make himself a better boxer. Now I don't have much experience planting or finding but Ive heard my share of triangulated comments,,,, lets make boxing better ,, with peer to peer coaching,,, if major companies use it why not boxers
Re: anonymous feedback
Reply to: #924092 by Old Silverback
Apr 10, 2016 9:01pm
Thread
Short of maybe asking someone to do a little better job of rehiding, I don't really understand why letterboxers feel entitled to criticize the way others enjoy a mutual hobby.

The "higher standard" will eventually be the downfall of this activity, because it is incredibly offputting to potential new participants.
Apr 10, 2016 9:37pm
Thread
I'm 36. I'm not very old, but as I age I get more and more bold with keeping my name attached to my personal opinions on people's actions. But I would find this tool incredibly helpful in letting what I really think come out. I feel so much better about myself and this hobby when I can tell people where to stick it... and what I mean by that is in that special hidey hole in the tree with some leaves scattered around.
Apr 10, 2016 10:34pm
Thread
All of my posts are anonymous. =)

-- Logbook Wet
Reply to: #924094 by Linden Leaf
Apr 11, 2016 12:21am
Thread
I feel so much better about myself and this hobby when I can tell people where to stick it... and what I mean by that is in that special hidey hole in the tree with some leaves scattered around.

LOL. That needs to be on a t-shirt or something 😂
Reply to: #924093 by ladybugz
Apr 11, 2016 5:10am
Thread
I agree with ladybugsmom. My anonymous contribution is how I rate the box. I have suggested to a finder to hide the boxes better. They denied it and promised they hide them better than they found them. Ha.
At the bottom of the clues you can say 'Hide it better than you found it. Please do not let children rehide the box without supervision'.
Apr 11, 2016 5:55am
Thread
I have an idea how to quell some of the rancor that creates so much friction and consumes so much energy in the letterboxing community. we need a anonymous feedback loop for boxers. This loop would allow everyone to anonymously freely criticize, coach and teach everyone else how to meet the high standards of letterboxing. For instance do you know someone who is always the last finder????? think he is a sloppy hider and want to tell him to clean up his act but don't want to confront her about this aspect of her boxing, simply give anonymous feedback. No one else can see it, except the recipient, and its up to the recipient to make himself a better boxer. Now I don't have much experience planting or finding but Ive heard my share of triangulated comments,,,, lets make boxing better ,, with peer to peer coaching,,, if major companies use it why not boxers

I am discounting your feedback on feedback due to your low plant/find count.
Reply to: #924114 by Wry Me
Apr 11, 2016 6:53am
Thread
Have you all heard the general internet term "Don't feed the troll"?

K
Reply to: #924121 by Kelsung
Apr 11, 2016 7:08am
Thread
Have you all heard the general internet term "Don't feed the troll"?

Exactly what I was thinking. This thread was clearly started by someone who just wants to stir up trouble without us knowing who he/she really is, and that just screams "TROLL!!!" to me.

TG
Reply to: #924123 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 11, 2016 8:02am
Thread
This thread was clearly started by someone who just wants to stir up trouble without us knowing who he/she really is

Exactly! Who is this boxer anyway?

We're wasting time on this when we really should be discussing letterbox adoption!!!
Reply to: #924126 by Guy Fawkes
Apr 11, 2016 8:48am
Thread
We're wasting time on this when we really should be discussing letterbox adoption!!!

Or maybe we can discuss the impending expansion and collapse of the sun. Five billion years goes by quicker than you think.
Reply to: #924123 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 11, 2016 8:58am
Thread
A quick glance at their profile is all you need. Only three posts and one find in 6 1/2 years, all on a certain date. This year they were just 9 days late. And I clearly remember each of those other posts. What's funny is, it's been so long since I heard the term "silverback" to the point that I've now been boxing longer than those who were called silverbacks had been boxing when I first heard the term.

K
Reply to: #924128 by Kelsung
Apr 11, 2016 9:16am
Thread
I personally like the implication of alpha maleness.
Apr 11, 2016 9:30am
Thread
Anonymous feedback always degenerates to crass name calling. What we need are clear, codified regulations and a professional, properly trained Police force.
Reply to: #924130 by Wry Me
Apr 11, 2016 9:34am
Thread
Also, if you look back at their other posts you can see they all took place on April Fool's day.
Reply to: #924127 by Buzzkill
Apr 11, 2016 9:49am
Thread
Five billion? Scientist report the earth is a bit overdue for a medium to large impact from a meteor
Reply to: #924141 by Debbie Downer
Apr 11, 2016 10:16am
Thread
Five billion? Scientist report the earth is a bit overdue for a medium to large impact from a meteor

Oh, I know! I just didn't want people to think I was one of those annoying "glass is half full" types.
Reply to: #924112 by crosscresent
Apr 11, 2016 1:49pm
Thread
At the bottom of the clues you can say 'Hide it better than you found it. Please do not let children rehide the box without supervision'.

At the bottom of the clues you could write several pages of good letterboxing practice. Thing is, though, some of us are trying to create unique and challenging clues, some of which don't involve text at all. Some involve graphics, some involve photos, some involve videos, some involve a Haiku. Having to type in page after page of things that every letterboxer should already be doing just buries all this creativity in boilerplate that nobody's ever going to read anyway. It shouldn't be that hard to get finders to rehide the %$^& box properly!
Apr 11, 2016 5:17pm
Thread
Don't feed the troll

I'm not a troll, I'm just a little mouse. Trolls are scary!

Nonny
but please do feed me
Apr 11, 2016 9:47pm
Thread
Don't feed the troll

Trolls belong in a museum.
Reply to: #924172 by Kirbert
Apr 12, 2016 8:31am
Thread
Dang. It was just a suggestion.
Reply to: #924274 by JerseyTrailblazers
Apr 12, 2016 4:35pm
Thread
So what say you Turtle Boy?

Turtle Boy? I kind of like that. Makes me feel all sweet and innocent. =)

How about some nice check boxes to make people feel like crap?

Maybe next April....

-- Ryan