Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Sports Emporium

by GoSoxProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Sports Emporium
Yes. The Cubs last won in 1908. No I do not think they are due because I do not include notions of probability as a factor when I consider baseball. You simply continue to make uninformed comments. --GoSox
by GoSoxProfileContactLogbookNote
No doubt you probably think that the PAC-10 is the best conference in the NCAA. --GoSox
by IrishRefProfileContactLogbookNote
We shall see.
by Maple Leaf RedProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes, indeed congrats to them!!! I just baked a big ol' "Humble" Pie. Maybe I should I use the "Silver" when it gets served? Possibly some "crow" to eat for main course? All in all... "well done" to the team!! (just cant seem to get away from those...
by Alaska hsmProfileContactLogbookNote
I just got to watch it today. I am so surprised that I had not heard about it until I watched my tivo. My daughter thought I was crazy. I was jumping up and down and screaming (haven't done that since the titans superbowl :-). Alaska HSM
by HiccupProfileContactLogbookNote
That was really phenomenal!! Just goes to show what you can get if you really want it. Dash
by High Desert GliderProfileContactLogbookNote
To say that my hobbies are eclectic is an understatement. In addition to letterboxing, I also enjoy zymurgy and a few extreme sports. I am an avid paraglider and paramotorist (in addition to being a private pilot). Are there any others out there who...
by ArtGekkoProfileContactLogbookNote
Quote I also enjoy zymurgy What a fabulous word!!! I can't say I have any interest in the endeavor, but maybe I should just so I could say I'm a zymurgist! -AG (wishing she knew ANYone who liked Scrabble® so she could throw that on the board at some...
by Sprite and HighlanderProfileContactLogbookNote
That stupid pic. Why do people think it's okay to make fun of someone and then add "We didn't mean anything by it...was just a joke" to make it better? Honestly, I could cry to think that there are HUGE pockets of the world that still don't get this....
by knit witProfileContactLogbookNote
My youngest picked this habit of the insult followed by "It was just a joke" in first grade last year. It has been a long, hard summer... He's still got to learn that it's not a joke if everybody isn't truly laughing--fake, polite/intimidated laughs d...
If you clicked "huh?" because you haven't heard about the uproar, here's a link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1044539/Spanish-basketball-team-sparks-Olympic-row-pictured-making-slant-eye-gesture.html?ITO=1490 Knit Wit
Some say that everything after the word "but" is a lie. For example: I really wanted to hire you BUT ..... We really aren't prejudiced BUT .....
On the complete opposite end, I was talking with a frustrated Comedy Sportz troupe member from the UK team. He was white and lived near London, but said a lot of people grow up in tiny towns where they've lived for generations without growing up near a...
Yeah, I wasn't sure about posting it because I was afraid of passing it on. I did that once with a different pic and found out that a friend (ex-friend now) had posted that same pic to friends as a sort of joke...it's terrible to look at someone and re...
Quote I was afraid of passing it on. I saw it yesterday as a headline on Yahoo news so passing it on is probably not something to worry about. I got the impression that the newscasters had been talking about it a bit during the basketball too, but sin...
by CrazyolisProfileContactLogbookNote
Anybody know what time Phelps is swimming his last race tonight? I thought I heard them say about 11pm EST, but not sure. We are going to be out, so I want to try to tape it, or catch it where we are!
by Penguin_Girl22ProfileContactLogbookNote
i checked the schedule on my local news stations website, and it says that his race is between 10 and 11:30 but thats all i know as of right now! sorry i can't be more specific! PG22
by HiccupProfileContactLogbookNote
It should start right before 11pm EST. Dash
by Penguin_Girl22ProfileContactLogbookNote
i know i was sitting here yelling at the TV!!! YAY YAY YAY :D PG22
by Hufflepuff LostProfileContactLogbookNote
Michael Phelps WINS 8th Gold Medal in the 2008 games !!!!!!!!! Can't say I'm terribly surprised... the U.S. always wind the men's Olympic medley. The real shocker is that Canada finally has some medals! Track and Field events must've started... HP...
by Wild DreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
An awesome swim by the entire team - I watched with about 25 youth screaming USA! USA! USA! and cheering at every turn as the United States flag showed the team with the lead. Truly an incredible accomplishment! Congrats to Michael Phelps!
by preboxedProfileContactLogbookNote
I guessed what was up by the all caps post, didn't look, then just watched for myself. Holy crap! HOW cool is that? And he's so humble, not arrogant, etc when speaking to the media with the eyes of the world watching. Everything that's right about...
by Team AwesomeProfileContactLogbookNote
Way to go Michael!!
How about a new hat for the occasion: http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=1150 wd
by JmanProfileContactLogbookNote
We are amazing go team USA!!!!!!!!
It seems a little ironic to have a theme with a Spanish flag when USA basketball is playing Spain in the Olympic finals. Particularly after the racially insensitive team picture from the Spanish basketballers.
Finally college football is here. It was a good day to be a Mountaineer! The three most hated teams in Mountaineer world all lost today. I picked two of the upsets! Didn't think Pitt would choke at home against a MAC school. Pitt losses to Bowling...
by NargfollProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm right there with you IR...Michigan losing was SA-WEEEET!!! ...despite the help they had from the zebras today. Maryland won too! I was a little upset that MASN switched over to a Nationals pre-game show as well...hope that isn't going to be par for...
by T REXProfileContactLogbookNote
AHHHHHHhhh! The loooooong dry spell is over! Let is rain Football!! T :)
Rammer Jammer, Alabama is back! Alabama 34 - Clemson 10. Roll Tide! Wild Dreams