Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing

by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
... Earned your trail name that day! (Don't ask about ours)
by scouttrekkieProfileContactLogbookNote
I can see a box "found" only with the logbook if there is a clear image of the stamp in the logbook. With the wonderful use of technology; a cell phone that is, one can take a picture of the image stamped within the logbook. Then one can comfortably go...
by KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
I would count both of those as a find, I just wouldn’t log them as such on AQ. Postals, LTCs, tabletop event boxes are all about collecting stamp images. Letterboxing is about solving clues. You solved the clues, you found the box. It’s called a “f...
by SnarkProfileContactLogbookNote
... How could that be⸘ Letterboxing can only be played one way⸘
by KelsungProfileContactLogbookNote
By the way, my personal logic goes the other way, too. I’ve found a few box-of-the-months, where I walked the same trail to the same box 12 times for 12 different stamps. I logged it on AQ every month, but I personally only counted it as one find. K
by bfarowlProfileContactLogbookNote
I found a box a few years ago that had the stamp, but when I tried drying off the stamp due to it being wet, it crumbled and the image was no more. I could not stamp it and I never recorded it.
by ShebaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I’ve had nightmares like that.
by Mosaic ButterflyProfileContactLogbookNote
However one would like to play is fine with me, log it as a find or not. However, I would sincerely appreciate it if one would comment on the status of the box for all to see.
by bigredroyaloakProfileContactLogbookNote
I know the general location, but I wanted to get a box number to put on the logbook before I have the exact location. This means I dont really have the clue complete, and I dont want to create a box with no clue. I thought there was a way to do this wi...
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
This is a reserved box. When you go to add a new letterbox, there will be the options of what type it is. Pick the reserved box, which I believe is the last option. :) I have a few reserved awaiting planting as well. Good luck
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for asking! Really. Too many planters are listing boxes as Active without a clue (literally) what they should be doing instead. You asked, and get a standing ovation for that! I would add one tip: when you create a Reserved listing, select a...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
... This is ok if you have a general idea of when you want to plant. I have had boxes on my reserved list for over two years just waiting for the best place to plant. When I finally plant them, I just change the date when I activate them.
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
So you're saying a reserved box can go past it's estimated plant date, and it doesn't go active automatically? Oh, good. I thought maybe …
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I currently have boxes on my reserved list dating back to 2015. I have been on a planting binge for the past two weeks and have cleaned a lot of them out and all I do is change the date to the actual plant date before I activate the clues.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... I'd recommend doing that after you activate the clues. Off the top of my head, I think AQ might automatically set the plant date to the activation date because I know a lot of people don't edit that sort of thing when they make a box live and if yo...
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a series called I "heart" animals - and I want to post it with a heart instead of the word heart - I've seen people post hearts - does anyone know how I insert a heart in AQ? (I can do <3 - but I want a cute little red one) Thanks for any fon...
by Nature HikersProfileContactLogbookNote
Go to this website, and just copy and paste the emoji: https://emojipedia.org/heavy-black-heart/ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
The quickest, easiest way to make a heart is typing ♥ in the message (or clue). It looks likes ♥ Unicode has several heart options, though, and the easiest way to add those to a post/clue/whatever is just to copy and paste the character. A col...
by The Mitchells2019ProfileContactLogbookNote
How do you post them to your log book
by mudflinginfoolsProfileContactLogbookNote
Did you find one? Just find it on AQ under its listing and log your find like a regular box... Are you making one? Create a box - but instead of picking traditional - pick the HH category :)
by The Mitchells2019ProfileContactLogbookNote
I found two of them
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
When you are searching AQ for them, remember to select “type” as “hitchhiker”, too. That helps narrow it down if you don’t have the listing #.
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
♥ ♥ ♥ Got it now - THANKS!!
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
When you type in the name of the box be sure to change the type to HH, cootie, flea
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Wow!...... Hat's off to Ryan fir Knowing his Hearts!....... I personally thought your answer was very Interesting!...J.Cross( Cross Family).
by Always On CallProfileContactLogbookNote
Somewhere I saw how to make camouflage bags. Now I cannot find it. Mine always look like a five-year-old child did it.
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
Planter's pouch The Safari Man method
by BaqashProfileContactLogbookNote
Just note that Safari Mans are not mean to be water tight
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
They seem to do very well, though. I've found a couple, and despite the simplicity of the design (top just folded over, no seal per se) they seem to stay dry inside. As opposed to the duct-taped Ziploc baggie idea, which never seems to seal closed pr...
by Bandit RaccoonProfileContactLogbookNote
What are your general tips for letterboxing as a large-ish group, such as with a family or scout troop? I can imagine being stealthy can get tricky if there are many people in a group reading and discussing clues, looking for the box, stamping in, etc...