A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: Surviving Jack
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #844137 by Amanda from Seattle
May 1, 2014 10:30am
Thread
Our family is *REALLY* loving this new series. We've kept every episode on our DVR. Cracks me up, because it's so much so my family. Especially the jousting on the couch, hahahaha!
Re: SPOILER ALERT.... Survivor
Reply to: #844206 by Crazyolis
May 1, 2014 11:06am
Thread
Yeah, though I don't like hime, he's playing the game.
But, those girls may just oust him with a blindside if he's not careful.
Reply to: #844218 by Grrly Girl
May 1, 2014 11:19am
Thread
But, those girls may just oust him with a blindside if he's not careful.

He still has that idol that he can use AFTER the votes are read, so no blindside on him yet.

TG
Reply to: #844203 by Wendy
May 1, 2014 11:21am
Thread
I am beginning to hate this season just because of him. The girls need to get together and force his hand. Forget the alliance, Ladies. You stick with that alliance? Just quit and hand him the money now.

It is just me or does it seems as though there is nothing but wind between Woo's ears?
Re: Surviving Jack
Reply to: #844210 by FrogiNater
May 1, 2014 12:31pm
Thread
I love the relationship that the parents have and The teenager/high school stuff is fun too. Laugh out loud at several things on different episodes...

-amanda from seattle
The Amazing Race - SPOILER ALERT!!
May 5, 2014 8:14am
Thread
Nooooooooooooo!! I can't believe they U-turned those sweet Cowboys! But the Cowboys stayed classy to the end - good for them.

I also can't believe those singers are still muddling through. I thought sure they'd be gone this episode, since they had to go it alone without the benefit of another team's help.

And finally, fingernails on a chalkboard: "Help me, help me, they're bullying me, this isn't fair!!!"

There is no justice in this world.
Re: The Amazing Race - SPOILER ALERT!!
Reply to: #844811 by KO
May 5, 2014 8:17am
Thread
Agreed agreed and agreed.

~ Woodsong
May 5, 2014 8:24am
Thread
The cowboys were so awesome! I was hoping that they would win, and I was totally bummed when they got eliminated. They were so positive, even after they were eliminated.

Now I don't know which team I want to win, as they are all fairly annoying in some way, particularly Dave and Connor. If you bring up your age every week, you are probably too old to be running the race!
May 5, 2014 8:32am
Thread
I truly wish I could click "Agree" more than once!!

TG
Reply to: #844819 by Trekkie Gal
May 5, 2014 8:39am
Thread
I know I am in the minority but I actually hope that Brendan and Rachel win. The way the other three teams keep whining about how they uturned Dave and Connor. "How could they have done that." It's a race. GET OVER IT!
Reply to: #844822 by Alaska hsm
May 5, 2014 8:54am
Thread
but I actually hope that Brendan and Rachel win.

That would be a bigger travesty than the Cowboys never having won after playing 3 times. Rachel is self-centered, whiny princess, and I can't think of any other Amazing Race contestants out of the past 24 season who deserve a million dollars less than she does. Plus she keeps saying that if they win then she gets to have a baby. Oh heaven help up, the last thing this planet needs is Rachelspawn!!

TG
Reply to: #844822 by Alaska hsm
May 5, 2014 9:02am
Thread
I've always been a team brendan and rachel fan. :-) I'm rooting for them to win too. Part of it probably stems from my love for big brother and seeing them on the live feeds for that show (she isn't always whiny they just like to show that on tv.) So what if they u turned dave and connor? They did what they had to do to come in first that leg. I would have done that same thing. You really don't have to have alliances on the amazing race like you do on survivor or big brother... if you run the race the best you can and don't make many mistakes you don't need to have friends.
Reply to: #844831 by Kryssiella
May 5, 2014 9:31am
Thread
My thoughts are that if the other racers all have the same opinion of the Brenchals, it must be because of what they DON'T show on TV. They show drama from all the teams, but she has no class and is an obnoxious git.
Reply to: #844816 by Angel and Demon
May 5, 2014 10:13am
Thread
I loved how the cowboys rode off on the horse :)
Reply to: #844842 by westside4
May 5, 2014 12:51pm
Thread
Yes. Riding off into the sunset was an appropriate (if untimely) exit.
May 5, 2014 1:06pm
Thread
Best part of the whole series so far...watching Rachel get "bull"ied! Repeatedly! HA!!!!!
I am also kind of tired of hearing about how unfair it was to U-Turn Dave and Conner. If they aren't a threat to anyone then how did they manage to come in 1st several weeks in a row?
Reply to: #844828 by Trekkie Gal
May 6, 2014 10:04am
Thread
Rachel is self-centered, whiny princess,

True, true but I think we'd all admit she's a LOT less tearful and whiney than the last season. I figured right away that they must have adjusted her medication successfully!

~~Doublesaj~~
Reply to: #844831 by Kryssiella
May 6, 2014 10:07am
Thread
she isn't always whiny they just like to show that on tv

Rachel has said several times that they are used to people not liking them and that they have no friends. Clearly this proves they are indeed like this in their 'real' lives too. Add us to the list of people who DON'T want them to win.

~~Doublesaj & Old Blue~~
The Amazing Race 25
Jun 1, 2014 9:39am
Thread
We have a contestant list already!! Apparently the producers decided that since the race started from Times Square, a VERY public location, they would just go ahead and post the list of names before people started to put together lists on their own. You can see the list here. It includes Bethany Hamilton, the surfer who lost her arm to a shark at age 13, and two former Survivor: South Pacific contestants, Whitney Duncan and Keith Tollefson, who are now engaged to each other.

TG
Re: The Amazing Race 25
Reply to: #850685 by Trekkie Gal
Jun 2, 2014 6:48am
Thread
I haven't watched the Amazing Race in a number of seasons. I think I will have to watch this season since there is someone with almost my exact name competing (Amy DeJong)! Imagine my surprise when I read the list, since my last name is very uncommon!

SC
The real Amy de Jongh
No Redemption Island after all!
Jun 4, 2014 2:00pm
Thread
Even though it was announced at the live finale for Survivor: Cagayan that Redemption Island would be returning in Survivor: San Juan del Sur, apparently the producers have decided not to bring it back - when the contestants are voted out, they are out. Instead, what would have been the Redemption Island arena will be used for something else. Unfortunately, Jeff doesn't say what that something else is. He did say, however, that the Survivors went to the island fully expecting Redemption Island to be in play. I can't wait to see their reactions when they find out it is not!

TG
Re: No Redemption Island after all!
Reply to: #851213 by Trekkie Gal
Jun 4, 2014 2:52pm
Thread
So what do you think the RI arena will be used for???
Reply to: #851229 by Mn8X
Jun 4, 2014 3:00pm
Thread
So what do you think the RI arena will be used for???

I don't know, but I have my suspicions...
Reply to: #851230 by wassamatta u
Jun 4, 2014 6:08pm
Thread
Oh, wassa....

TG
Jun 6, 2014 11:41am
Thread
Alternatively, they could do this.
Jun 9, 2014 12:52pm
Thread
I'd rather watch that than Survivor.

Shiloh
Sad Survivor news
Jun 25, 2014 7:56am
Thread
Former Survivor contestant Caleb Bankston was killed yesterday when the train he was on derailed. Caleb was Colton's fiance in the first Blood vs. Water. As much as I dislike Colton, I feel very bad for him.

TG
Re: Sad Survivor news
Reply to: #854848 by Trekkie Gal
Jun 25, 2014 10:22am
Thread
That's so sad. Thanks for sharing the news.
Re: Sad Survivor news
Reply to: #854875 by TrailTroll
Jun 25, 2014 1:34pm
Thread
How sad. He seemed to be a really good guy.

~ Woodsong
Downton Abbey
Jul 11, 2014 9:50am
Thread
For those of you who have a Nook, the Free Friday video is the first episode of Season 1 of Downton Abbey. I've never seen it but I know a lot of people love it. I'll have to try it out since it's free.