A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: Idol?
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #500563 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 29, 2010 4:31am
Thread
There was a cool article about Siobhan in our local paper this past weekend.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100328/NEWS/3280329

-CC Lightning Bug
DWTS
Mar 30, 2010 6:45am
Thread
OMG! Kate, I know you are around kids all day, but GROW UP. I think she may be the first to go if it's not Buzz.
Re: DWTS
Reply to: #501939 by Oliver and Company
Mar 30, 2010 7:44am
Thread
I'm hoping she's the first to go. At least Buzz seems to be enjoying the experience, and he doesn't make Ashly walk out.
Reply to: #501954 by Ursa Major
Mar 30, 2010 8:10am
Thread
I think people will have voted for Buzz out of respect. I agree that Kate should be the first to go. I hope #85 picks it up--I'd hate to see Cheryl leave early!
Mar 30, 2010 10:08am
Thread
I think Niecy is doing a great job.
Her personality cracks me up!
Mar 30, 2010 12:21pm
Thread
Buzz should be the first to go, but he won't. He'll be there for at least a few weeks. I feel bad for Kate. I thought she would've been better. I can't believe that Nicole got two 10s on the second week. Has that ever happened before??
Reply to: #502029 by DisneyFreak1101
Mar 30, 2010 7:08pm
Thread
OMG! Shannon & Pam on the chopping block? So sad.
Survivor 4/1
Apr 1, 2010 5:21pm
Thread
Wow! Russell & Rupert going at it in the water. So glad to see Cody back in the game.
Re: Survivor 4/1
Reply to: #502582 by Oliver and Company
Apr 1, 2010 5:59pm
Thread
Holy toledo! Rob is gone. Didn't see that coming. Wish he could have stayed around a bit longer.
Reply to: #502603 by Oliver and Company
Apr 1, 2010 6:08pm
Thread
I started watching but the house turned into a three-ring circus so I gave up and recorded it. I was hoping there is a survivor fan or two on here. :)
Apr 1, 2010 6:39pm
Thread
ph my!
Apr 1, 2010 7:15pm
Thread
Well, I'll be watching FlashForward on Thursdays and maybe catch up on Survivor online the next day. I knew Rob was going to be voted out, but that was possibly the least satisfying way it could have happened.
Reply to: #502633 by Ursa Major
Apr 1, 2010 7:23pm
Thread
oh what a surprise, Rob is voted out. If you think Russell is going home anytime soon, think again. The guy knows how to manipulate.
Reply to: #502638 by Spakinois
Apr 1, 2010 7:24pm
Thread
Exactly why I don't want to watch anymore. I can't stand another season of Russell.
Apr 1, 2010 9:46pm
Thread
Holy toledo! Rob is gone. Didn't see that coming.

As Rob said when casting his vote, one of them was going to go home. I'm a little disappointed the Russel prevailed because I find Rob's observations amusing. I'll miss him. But honestly, I do think Russel is the better player. Rob was the only person who was a real threat to Russel--now that Russel is gone, he controls the Villains group. And at this point, I think he should win. The other players are dumb nitwits by comparison. They might be more "likable," but they suck at playing the game and don't deserve to win.

I'll miss Rob, though. He was a great player, and very entertaining. =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #502658 by Green Tortuga
Apr 2, 2010 3:46am
Thread
I hated to see Rob go as well, but I do think Russell should pull this one off. Not because he's all that brilliant (although he is a master at this game) but because the other players are so dumb that they can't see through him! Did they not watch last season?

I was shocked by the way Rob blew Coach off at the end. Granted, Coach didn't vote for Russell, but he also didn't vote for Rob. And Coach said that the important thing was keeping the team strong, and that's exactly how he voted. Of course, it was an easy wimp out for him, not committing to either one, but not voting either one off....

hope
Reply to: #502665 by hopeinnc
Apr 2, 2010 3:52am
Thread
Did they not watch last season?

No. The last two seasons were filmed back to back.
Apr 2, 2010 5:41am
Thread
Voting for Courtney was a wimpy cop-out. One of my father's favorite sayings was "Not to decide is to decide". By failing to choose between Rob and Russell, Coach made his choice. Now Russell doesn't trust him, so I'm betting Coach's days are (deservedly) numbered.

Coach got so caught up in what he perceived to be the honorable thing (voting Courtney out because she was weak), that he overlooked the fact that he'd lied to both Rob and Russell. Where is his precious honor now?

I can't believe Jerri either - trusting Russell, just because he told her to. Although it seems that this season's players did not get to watch last season, so they don't know how dastardly Russell is. That's kind of the point though - you don't know him. Why do people trust him?
Reply to: #502683 by TrailTroll
Apr 2, 2010 6:00am
Thread
That's kind of the point though - you don't know him. Why do people trust him?

Because he looks so trustworthy? Nah, that's not it. Because he looks like a smarmy little snake in the grass that would feed you and apple and tell you it would make you know everything and live forever!
Apr 2, 2010 6:52am
Thread
I was shocked too, by the way Rob spoke to Coach. I half expected to see tears rolling down Coach's face. For all we know he may have had a real break down and did just that after filming. I feel the same as Trail Troll, his days are numbered. Even though he is another strong man to do the challenges. He looked pretty wimpy on doing baskets in that one challenge. Don't think he made even one basket.
OD
Reply to: #502704 by Okie Dog
Apr 2, 2010 8:25am
Thread
I was surprised for a moment that Rob talked to Coach like that and blew him off when he tried to hug him, because Rob is all about "it's just a game."

But what I realized is -- that's exactly why he hugged Jerri. It's just a game, and she did what she thinks is best for her (remains to be seen if that's true, and of course Rob disagrees, but ...). If you say you're going to lie and manipulate and do what's best for you, Rob respects that. Coach, however, is supposedly all about honor and doing what he says he's going to do. His whole persona out there is about playing the game without going back on his word. And he gave Rob his word and shook on it, and then knowingly cast a vote that meant Rob would go home.
Reply to: #502666 by Eidolon
Apr 2, 2010 8:33am
Thread
Did they not watch last season?

No. The last two seasons were filmed back to back.

Russell is the one player that no one knows anything about, that's why he's able to pull the same shenanigans as he did last season. Had there been some time between the two seasons, we would be watching a much different game this season.

I'm sorry to see Rob go too. He may be a villain, but he's an amusing villain with a decent personality.
SJ Honey Bunny
Reply to: #502736 by Woman to Blame
Apr 2, 2010 9:18am
Thread
I'm sorry to see Rob go too. He may be a villain, but he's an amusing villain with a decent personality.

I feel the same way. It should have been Russell. It's hard to believe that no one sees what he's doing!

:) Mama Marge
Reply to: #502750 by Mama Marge
Apr 2, 2010 9:21am
Thread
Russell is so darn charming and convincing to the individuals he corners. I think they would be much more resistant if they were not on that island, sleep depraved and weak, as well as hungry.
Reply to: #502683 by TrailTroll
Apr 2, 2010 10:16am
Thread
The part that I'll never understand with Jeri is that on the same day she heard him say that he wanted to be in the top 4 with the three women, and then that he wanted the top three to be him with Jeri and Coach. How is that possible? And yet, she believed him!!!
Reply to: #502751 by cheekee monkey
Apr 2, 2010 10:25am
Thread
Russell is on the villain side, right? So he doesn't know there is another immunity idol out there? Or were the heroes the only ones finding a note about an idol? And as such, would only be in their camp. It will be fun to see if Russell finds another idol. When and if there is one planted for him to find.
Reply to: #502774 by PBandJ
Apr 2, 2010 10:40am
Thread
The part that I'll never understand with Jeri is that on the same day she heard him say that he wanted to be in the top 4 with the three women, and then that he wanted the top three to be him with Jeri and Coach. How is that possible? And yet, she believed him!!!

I was telling my daughter this morning that I didn't remember Jeri being quite so dumb. This season she seems much more wishy-washy than in the past. And putting Coach on the spot the way she did with Russel on the beach... That was just stupid!
Reply to: #502640 by Ursa Major
Apr 2, 2010 10:57am
Thread
There are a lot of people who feel that way about Russell. I wonder if Survivor has lost fans because of Russell lasting or gained more because they want to see him voted out? My friend won't watch because of him and can't stand to see or hear him. Knowing he can't possibly win because of the constant backstabbing makes me feel better about other people's chances. For me he provides great drama which is why Jeff thinks he's the greatest Survivor player ever and why the shows brass loves him being on.
Reply to: #502784 by hopeinnc
Apr 2, 2010 11:49am
Thread
I was telling my daughter this morning that I didn't remember Jeri being quite so dumb. This season she seems much more wishy-washy than in the past.

We have to remember that it was many ago that the likes of Jeri and Colby were on survivor; 9 years to be exact. I looked it up because Colby just looked so, I don't know, tired, old, un-buff? Same with Jeri who was 29 when she last played and is 38 now. (HUGE difference--for those of you who haven't reached these ages yet!). James had a comment about his "Superman" (Colby) becoming a wimp (or words to that effect)--would be interesting to see James's condition in 9 years.

Jeri said last night that she "was on the wrong team". She certainly isn't playing like the "villain" she was 9 years ago but that's how we'll always think of her. If she'd known then that she would still be unmarried and w/o kids, I wonder what kind of difference that would have made. Personally, I think she looks exactly the same and in damn good shape compared to her 29-year old self.

~~Doublesaj~~
Re: Survivor **DEFINITE spoiler**
Reply to: #494621 by SITE Sleuths
Apr 2, 2010 12:55pm
Thread
this show was recording while the last one was playing so these people didn't get a chance to see the things Russel did last time

it's really coming into play now. I think Jerri (and several others for that matter) would've played differently had she seen his previous gameplay. I didn't realize the villains hadn't watched Russell's season b/c Parvati acted so wise to 'wanting the devil on her side' so I figured they had seen his "game-playing" methods but now I realize she must've just realized up front how conniving he could be and knew it would be better for her to play with him.

It answers a lot of questions for me since they had not seen his season b/c i kept wondering why the tribe members weren't catching onto his old tricks. I think that takes away a lot of his "i'm the best-player-ever" bragging rights b/c most of their downfalls have been due to others knowing their strategies; yet Russell is still able to play his original game without a lot of folks clueing in.

I wonder how differently things would've happened if his season had aired before this one filmed. DANG.