Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: Survivor: Heros vs Villains
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #499215 by Turtlegirl 19
Mar 18, 2010 4:02pm
Thread
Thanks for the reminder!

:) Mama Marge
Re: Okay, who thought of me while watching Medium? =)
Reply to: #498223 by Green Tortuga
Mar 19, 2010 1:27pm
Thread
Grey's Anatomy drove me crazy the first season. They live in Seattle, one of THE espresso capitols of the country and they said in several episodes, "get me a mocha latte".

Excuse me? I live in Portland, which also loves espresso, and people always call it a "mocha". Just a mocha. No "latte" tacked on. Obviously, the writers didn't know their espresso the first season . . .

It also drove me bonkers that the characters would get some sort of coffee drink in a paper cup and lid and obviously have an empty cup by the way they carried it.

They would then take a sip from the supposedly full cup and tilt the cup like it was half empty. Get your props right, people!

KuKu
Survivor
Mar 24, 2010 11:04am
Thread
Just wanted to remind everyone that Survivor is on tonight (Wednesday) this week!

:) Mama Marge
Re: Survivor
Reply to: #500489 by Mama Marge
Mar 24, 2010 11:17am
Thread
shoot! Thank you so much! :):) I have to refigure my DVR at lunch! :)
Mar 24, 2010 12:49pm
Thread
Did Survivor air last week?
Reply to: #500527 by Oliver and Company
Mar 24, 2010 12:53pm
Thread
Did Survivor air last week?

If you want to call the NCAA tournament that....

No Survivor didn't air last week, but several basketball teams got their torches snuffed!
Reply to: #500530 by hopeinnc
Mar 24, 2010 1:08pm
Thread
I'm onboard with Maxine: Why limit my Madness to March! I hate basketball when it disturbs my night time shows. I only have 2 that I watch and that's about my only time to relax.
Idol?
Mar 24, 2010 2:05pm
Thread
Wonder who will be bumped off tonight? Or did they say no one would? I thought I heard that from someone. Or maybe I am thinking about Dancing With the Stars. shrug. ?? Its getting to where I am mixed up on the shows I watch. Who did what with whom?

Simon wasn't happy with Sheboom (sp?) last night. He doesn't think she needs to yell every single time. I understand that statement, irks me I am in agreement with him, however. I still like her singing, tho. Think it will be run for the money with Aaron, Crystal, and She....Sioban?.......what an unusual name.

What to do, what to do, Survivor on at the same time! I don't have tivo, don't have the VCR hooked up any more......I'm afraid Survivor would win out around here. Sure glad DWTS isn't on the same day.
OD
Mar 24, 2010 2:07pm
Thread
Thanks! I completely forgot!!!
Re: Idol?
Reply to: #500551 by Okie Dog
Mar 24, 2010 2:51pm
Thread
It's spelled Siobhan and pronounced Shah-von. Old Irish name.

Honestly, I didn't love her performance as much as last week and I knew that she would get criticized for using the "scream" again, but I still can't believe a girl I know from the Mills is on that show.
Reply to: #500563 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 24, 2010 3:02pm
Thread
maybe so... but I LOVED how she had he hair last night! I still think she was the best performer last night.

Wendy
Reply to: #500568 by Wendy
Mar 24, 2010 7:07pm
Thread
Thanks, but no, Wendy. But I did get to see both, after all. They followed each other. Idol just went off here. I must say I was surprised by the person who got kicked off's last performance. It defied all that had been happening before hand. A great song choice and rocking the house down. I wonder if the judges were a tad confused by that? Flabbergasted, perhaps? I know I was. It was known this person started off to a great start, but slowly backed themselves into a corner, for some reason. I can't say more or will give it away, and don't want to spoil it for you.
OD
Reply to: #500553 by Casa del Sol
Mar 25, 2010 3:54am
Thread
Was Tyson blindsided or what???? He changed his vote at the last minute because Russell fed him a line of crap....Speaking of Russell..using the idol on Parvati? Risky move that paid off for him.....I have to admit, he does know how to play the game and he keeps things interesting.
Reply to: #500653 by hikergirlamy
Mar 25, 2010 4:02am
Thread
Awesome move....but i have to say the best line of the night was right before commercial break when james says "j.t. would you like a banana?" OMG i was dying laughing!
Reply to: #500655 by BootyBandits
Mar 25, 2010 4:46am
Thread
that fuss over the bananas was kinda stupid. don't they grow there? I'm sure there's not a shortage of bananas. And the girl that loves James so much, wrote his name down. If she loves him so much, why did she vote him off??
Reply to: #500563 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 25, 2010 5:20am
Thread
Was she one of your students? I like her but gotta admit I hated that 80s hair this week! What's up with that?
Reply to: #500609 by Okie Dog
Mar 25, 2010 5:34am
Thread
I must say I was surprised by the person who got kicked off's last performance. It defied all that had been happening before hand. A great song choice and rocking the house down. I wonder if the judges were a tad confused by that? Flabbergasted, perhaps?

The only part of the show that we caught was the last 5 minutes, but I wasn't at all surprised by who went home. And to be honest, I still wasn't impressed with her final performance. Granted it was better than Tuesday, but still not super (IMHO). I was however shocked by Simon's comment about the judge's option. That was cold!

hope
Reply to: #500655 by BootyBandits
Mar 25, 2010 6:12am
Thread
How many of the best one liners on survivor have been from James! lol as soon as I heard that I had to check to see if that's what the episode was named (Banana Ettiquette so close)
Mar 25, 2010 7:07am
Thread
What an episode! I was standing on the couch cheering when Tyson got blind-sided.
I hope Rob & Russell both stay in the game. those two going at it makes it more interesting.
Reply to: #500676 by SITE Sleuths
Mar 25, 2010 7:08am
Thread
Was it his knee or the banana that got James in the end? big chuckles here.
Mar 25, 2010 9:22am
Thread
Tyson blindsided himself.

He listened to the emotional line that Russell was feeding him (look, you can vote Parvati out in a majority - no need for ties or revotes, where you're vulnerable) and failed to understand that if Russell was really changing his vote, the vote would have been: Parvati-4, Russell-3, Tyson-2. Therefore he should have just gone according to plan and had no worries.

Instead, he voted himself out.
Reply to: #500710 by Ursa Major
Mar 25, 2010 9:27am
Thread
I thought the show was great last night. Russell really got into Tyson's head. Russell really plays the game well. He may not win this time either but he plays to win. He leaves it all out there. I love that about him.
Reply to: #500713 by R2L2D-J
Mar 25, 2010 9:34am
Thread
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. I won't even take phone calls - is this bad or what? In fact the phone rang last night and I told him "I'm not home". Luckily it was his sister, but he missed the Tribal Counsil.

OC
Reply to: #500720 by Oliver and Company
Mar 25, 2010 11:15am
Thread
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. I won't even take phone calls - is this bad or what? In fact the phone rang last night and I told him "I'm not home

We dont answer the phone during Survivor, Amazing Race or LOST!
Reply to: #500769 by Crazyolis
Mar 25, 2010 11:20am
Thread
I have a friend that called and I told her there was only 4 minutes left, she said, Bye..and hung up, ha ha. She knows me and my shows, well.
Mar 25, 2010 11:28am
Thread
We dont answer the phone during Survivor, Amazing Race or LOST!

Now I don't feel so bad.
Reply to: #500720 by Oliver and Company
Mar 25, 2010 11:41am
Thread
We have Tivo, but even with that, I watch it live...I can't even wait the 20 minutes or so for the commercial time allowance. And even with Tivo, I don't take phone calls. I know I could pause it and continue after the phone call, but no way am I going to!!
Mar 25, 2010 11:00pm
Thread
I just finished watching Survivor, and I really hope to see Rob and Russel make it to the end. Those two totally rock at playing the game. They're devious, underhanded, and such incredibly smart players. If I were playing, I could only wish I could play that game half as well as they do.

And the play Russel did this round--absolutely brilliant. Talking about playing it close to the edge. That man was hanging from his fingertips, and he managed to turn it around. But he's still on thin ice. While Rob's plan didn't exactly work out as expected, he did flush out the immunity idol--and it still doesn't seem like Russel has enough support to keep from getting voted out the next around.

Very fascinating. Can't wait to see what sort of talk happens back in camp on the Villians tribe. That should certainly be interesting!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #500955 by Green Tortuga
Mar 26, 2010 5:00am
Thread
I finally got Wednesday's episode watched last night. WOW! This is a season of serious twists, turns and treachery.

And the play Russel did this round--absolutely brilliant. Talking about playing it close to the edge. That man was hanging from his fingertips, and he managed to turn it around.

Rob is an expert at this game, but Russel plays with more guts than anyone I've ever seen. Talk about manipulative! The man is a master. He was last season, but I thought he was going to have to work it harder this time. Nope. He still manages to convince folks to do some stupid things to his advantage. I'm amazed!
Reply to: #500955 by Green Tortuga
Mar 26, 2010 6:50am
Thread
still doesn't seem like Russell has enough support to keep from getting voted out the next around.

I don't know, he has Coach & Parvati on his side. Danielle is with Parvati so that makes it 4 on 4.
Russell, Parvati, Danielle & Coach
vs.
Rob, Sandra, Courtney & Jerry

Makes for an interesting game. Coach may get Jerry to flop sides and then Russell will have the numbers. Or Jerry can get Coach to flip and then Rob will have the numbers. Eeeeeee I'm on the edge of my seat.