A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: Amazing Race - SPOILER alert
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #495140 by preboxed
Mar 1, 2010 3:51pm
Thread
I was thinking-wow that's just like letterboxing!! How hard was it to just read & follow directions?
Reply to: #495177 by SpringChick
Mar 2, 2010 1:26pm
Thread
Totally agree with you SpringChick. makes you wonder how they pick their contestants.
Reply to: #495586 by Oliver and Company
Mar 2, 2010 2:13pm
Thread
makes you wonder how they pick their contestants.

I heard an interview with Phil on the radio a few weeks ago and he said that people will come up to him and say things like "I can speak seven languages, I would be great on that show." Phil said their response to that is they don't want that kind of person on the show. They want people who will struggle on the show, who maybe have never been outside of the country, or have a difficult time with changing their routine. He said that is what makes the show interesting.

-PP
Siobhan on American Idol
Mar 4, 2010 12:36pm
Thread
So, how do you think our little Barnstable High student is doing on the show? I'm such a pathetic texter, but I've been doing my part in voting for her.
Re: Siobhan on American Idol
Reply to: #496034 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 4, 2010 4:04pm
Thread
The judges sure did like her. I think she is quirky fun! Hope she goes far.

~Aurora
Mar 4, 2010 4:46pm
Thread
She did a really nice job last night. She is quirky and fun! I think she will do well!

SpringChick
Mar 4, 2010 4:53pm
Thread
I think she rocked it!!
Mar 4, 2010 5:36pm
Thread
and to think she nailed that high note by singing a kelly clarkson song in the shower ... and was secure enough in herself to mention it!!
Re: Survivor **DEFINITE spoiler**
Reply to: #494733 by BootyBandits
Mar 4, 2010 5:57pm
Thread
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say it ain't so?!?!?!

I am sooooo bummed over tonight's show?!?!!!!
Reply to: #496100 by Trailtracker
Mar 4, 2010 6:02pm
Thread
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
So not laughing at you Trailtracker, just laughing at the show!!
Mar 4, 2010 6:44pm
Thread
Bummed?? Why?? 'Cause Cirie is gone? She's another of those people that I never understood why she was so popular.

Personally, I'm soooooooo glad it wasn't Tom!! I just don't understand why it wasn't Candice. No one seems to care for her.

TG
Reply to: #496111 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 4, 2010 6:53pm
Thread
If nobody likes Candice who's gonna give her a million dollars? Let her stay and work her butt off.... she can always be the next head on the block.
Mar 4, 2010 7:01pm
Thread
I loved Cirie, but it was definitely the smart move to make. They might win a couple of challenges by keeping Tom/Colby, and those two don't have a dangerous social game.

Of course, I don't know if anyone is really getting that with Cirie gone, JT is the biggest social threat they have.
Mar 5, 2010 1:00am
Thread
Well, I would say that the new immunity idol threw a wrench into everything. Sounds like Russell is sure to go next time the Villians lose. And I think it changed the thinking on the Heroes side too. It was funny how that came to be that everyone got to see the clue. Funny, ha ha, not strange.
Mar 5, 2010 4:13am
Thread
I am SO glad they got rid of Cirie. She was already playing the individual game, voting out the strong players - when the heroes can't win a challenge. You need to keep the strong dudes around, sweetheart, or the heroes team is going to dwindle to nothing before the merge. So I was glad they sent her packing. Not to mention that to a middle-aged woman, Tom and Colby are both WAY better eye candy than she is.
Reply to: #496147 by Okie Dog
Mar 5, 2010 4:28am
Thread
I was surprised how clues to the Idol were revealed. Russell does seem to be in a little bit of trouble now. Can't wait until next week!
Reply to: #496155 by TrailTroll
Mar 5, 2010 4:29am
Thread
I loved that move!
Reply to: #496159 by R2L2D-J
Mar 5, 2010 4:34am
Thread
Russell is so smart and shifty. He's definitely not going anywhere for a while. But it doesn't look good for Tom next week. He seems to be the next going home with that target on his back. There are just too many people against him and he doesn't have the numbers.
Reply to: #496147 by Okie Dog
Mar 6, 2010 5:42pm
Thread
About finding the clue to the hidden immunity idol - does that mean the Heroes had it in their coffee from the previous week and only just managed to find it? Dur.....

I thought it was interesting that the Villains all decided that the immunity idol wasn't "fair" and all promised to punish any individual who pursued it. Does that mean that Russell is the only true villain? While in the so-called Heroes camp, they all selfishly rushed out to find the idol for themselves, immediately.

-- Princess Lea
Reply to: #496116 by Ursa Major
Mar 7, 2010 2:09pm
Thread
I loved Cirie, but it was definitely the smart move to make. They might win a couple of challenges by keeping Tom/Colby, and those two don't have a dangerous social game.

Of course, I don't know if anyone is really getting that with Cirie gone, JT is the biggest social threat they have.

Amen UM! Cirie was definitely a threat---and this time she got called out and caught. DANG. She was one of my picks.

JT is definitely the biggest social threat.
Reply to: #495143 by Ursa Major
Mar 9, 2010 9:08am
Thread
Oh man, the one detective not knowing how to do a grid search!

I know I'm late on this one, but...
I thought the detectives were off to a good start when the one started drawing a little map in the dirt. He read the clues and tried to figure out where he would end up after each part. Forget walking it out, just go straight to the end. How many letterboxers haven't tried that trick a time or two? Too bad it didn't work.
May I have this dance?
Mar 9, 2010 9:22am
Thread
Anybody else doing their warmup stretches for Dancing With the Stars? I can't wait for another season of DWTS! As usual, there are a few folks I've never heard of, and some whose careers have, shall we say, cooled significantly. Then there's Kate Gosselin. I hope she stinks so she gets sent packing soon - I think she was a terrible choice for the cast. Looking forward to seeing another Olympic gold medalist on the dance floor - Evan Lysacek should be interesting to watch. Everybody rhumba!
Re: May I have this dance?
Reply to: #497063 by TrailTroll
Mar 9, 2010 1:02pm
Thread
And Samantha Harris isn't coming back!! I couldn't stand her. I'm so glad she's gone.
Reply to: #497131 by DisneyFreak1101
Mar 9, 2010 1:08pm
Thread
And Samantha Harris isn't coming back!! I couldn't stand her. I'm so glad she's gone.

I didn't like her at first, but got used to her by the end.

But, we always had to laugh when she'd ask a really long question of one of the stars, and then cut the person off as he or she was trying to answer. That seemed to be her specialty.
Mar 9, 2010 5:23pm
Thread
I thought she did even better tonight with House of the Rising Sun. She's really coming into her own. She'll be getting my votes for you ;-) Tonight is really important. Only one more week until the top 10. Must get her on tour! 1-866-436-5702 for March 9.
Reply to: #497189 by GreatBigSabres
Mar 9, 2010 6:11pm
Thread
First of all, I think Simon is an _$$!
Second of all, Siobhan was the best one tonight!
Third of all, not since Kelly Clarkson has someone brought tears to my eyes,
listening to her gave me chills!
Fourth of all, Vote 1-866-436-5702!!!!!
That's all ;D
Reply to: #497189 by GreatBigSabres
Mar 9, 2010 6:24pm
Thread
Ok, I just did something I NEVER thought I would do. I voted for American Idol. :) Granted, I didn't watch the show. I'm just taking everyone's word for it that Siobhan is good. :D

TG
Reply to: #497063 by TrailTroll
Mar 9, 2010 7:39pm
Thread
Can I just say that I am hoping Evan on DWTS will ease my post-Olympics depression. I do think, though, that ice skaters might have an unfair advantage since they are used to doing set routines.
Reply to: #497196 by Travelin' Shutterbug
Mar 9, 2010 7:45pm
Thread
Well, I have been trying to vote for her for a half hour, and the phone line has been busy. That's a good sogn though. =)

SFF
Reply to: #497216 by Silva Foot Family
Mar 9, 2010 9:45pm
Thread
When the phone numbers were first posted, I got through right away. Now I'm getting a busy signal too.

TG