A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: YOU
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #974186 by Amanda from Seattle
Apr 15, 2019 12:10pm
Thread
It really makes you think about all the information that you share online and how easy it would be for someone to use that information against you

For instance, after spending several hours digging deep into Social Media and the Dark Web, using my keen intellect and skills in interpreting massive amounts of information, I have gleaned that you, Amanda... ARE FROM SEATTLE!
Last call - The Amazing Race pool - race starts April 17!!!
Reply to: #974027 by KO
Apr 16, 2019 6:41pm
Thread
For anyone interested in joining the Amazing Race pool, you must be signed up & have your team picks to me in less than 24 hours.

Project Runway season 17
May 6, 2019 6:32pm
I'm behind on watching the new season so I just saw the one where they went camping. Did anyone catch where that was, and has anyone planted a PR box there in commemoration?

-- Princess Lea
Amazing Race Location
May 6, 2019 11:09pm
Just in case anyone is curious, the Museum of Alternative Medicine in Saigon on the most recent episode of the show has a letterbox inside as well.

https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=212103
The Cool Kids
May 8, 2019 2:04pm
As everyone knows cable is rather expensive in my area, so I only keep to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. But with a recent visit to San Fran, I was introduced to a show I probably would not have seen otherwise. Starring the comedy legend, Vicki Lawrence, it’s called the The Cool Kids. Perhaps you have heard of it???

Anyhoo ….. set in Shady Meadows, a retirement community in Arizona, it opens up with three men sitting around the table, having just lost their fourth member due to death and in plops Vicki Lawrence. Her presences upsets the men, more in particularly Hank, old man gruff, played by David Allen Grier. Also at the table is Sid (Sidney) who is a gay single man and Charles, a hoarder, who is also single.

Now you may not think a tv show about old people in a retirement home is funny, but this show proves why it is. Between Vicki Lawrence’s zingers and Sid’s flair, it’s hard to keep a straight face. And while I have not seen all the episodes, my favorite is Margaret is Dating the Zodiac Killer. I almost choked on my drink.

Having said more than enough, on to my Kitty Paws:
One Kitty Paw for Vicki Lawrence. She looks very good for 69 but more importantly, she still have the comedy tempo.
One Kitty Paw for Leslie Jordan, aka Sidney. He’s got some flair and some good snaps.
One Kitty Paw for the David Allen Grier and Martian Mull. (Hank and Charles.)
One Kitty Paw for the stories. The Zodiac, the Thanksgiving to mention a few
One Kitty for the nice rapport between the four main characters. Their connection with each other seems genuine.

Also of note. If you are a fan of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you will be happy to know that Charlie, played by Charlie Day, created this show.

It is currently on Fox and Fox has not decided whether it will renew it for a second season.

So, ignore the old-foggie stereotypes and check out The Cool Kids. Who knows. Maybe you can relate.

csk
Pobody's Nerfect
May 10, 2019 12:32pm
Thread
For those who enjoy "The Good Place", I discovered this video titled "Pobody's Nerfect". I hope you enjoy.
Re: Pobody's Nerfect
Reply to: #975114 by Oberon_Kenobi
May 13, 2019 12:23pm
Thread
Has the Good Place been canceled??
Re: Pobody's Nerfect
Reply to: #975196 by Raven
May 13, 2019 3:42pm
Thread
No, in fact, it was just renewed for next season