A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Television: After the Show Ends

Re: May I have this dance?
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #497063 by TrailTroll
Mar 9, 2010 1:02pm
Thread
And Samantha Harris isn't coming back!! I couldn't stand her. I'm so glad she's gone.
Reply to: #497131 by DisneyFreak1101
Mar 9, 2010 1:08pm
Thread
And Samantha Harris isn't coming back!! I couldn't stand her. I'm so glad she's gone.

I didn't like her at first, but got used to her by the end.

But, we always had to laugh when she'd ask a really long question of one of the stars, and then cut the person off as he or she was trying to answer. That seemed to be her specialty.
Re: Siobhan on American Idol
Reply to: #496034 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 9, 2010 5:23pm
Thread
I thought she did even better tonight with House of the Rising Sun. She's really coming into her own. She'll be getting my votes for you ;-) Tonight is really important. Only one more week until the top 10. Must get her on tour! 1-866-436-5702 for March 9.
Reply to: #497189 by GreatBigSabres
Mar 9, 2010 6:11pm
Thread
First of all, I think Simon is an _$$!
Second of all, Siobhan was the best one tonight!
Third of all, not since Kelly Clarkson has someone brought tears to my eyes,
listening to her gave me chills!
Fourth of all, Vote 1-866-436-5702!!!!!
That's all ;D
Reply to: #497189 by GreatBigSabres
Mar 9, 2010 6:24pm
Thread
Ok, I just did something I NEVER thought I would do. I voted for American Idol. :) Granted, I didn't watch the show. I'm just taking everyone's word for it that Siobhan is good. :D

TG
Reply to: #497063 by TrailTroll
Mar 9, 2010 7:39pm
Thread
Can I just say that I am hoping Evan on DWTS will ease my post-Olympics depression. I do think, though, that ice skaters might have an unfair advantage since they are used to doing set routines.
Reply to: #497196 by Travelin' Shutterbug
Mar 9, 2010 7:45pm
Thread
Well, I have been trying to vote for her for a half hour, and the phone line has been busy. That's a good sogn though. =)

SFF
Reply to: #497216 by Silva Foot Family
Mar 9, 2010 9:45pm
Thread
When the phone numbers were first posted, I got through right away. Now I'm getting a busy signal too.

TG
Reply to: #497235 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 10, 2010 3:08am
Thread
Thanks guys! I voted around 200 times for her.

After they are down to 12t, do they eliminate 1 per week?
Reply to: #497196 by Travelin' Shutterbug
Mar 10, 2010 3:14am
Thread
I think Simon is pulling for Crystal big time. And I think that Siobhan is her biggest competition, so it seems that that must be why he criticized her performance last night. I can't think of any other reason because I thought she was awesome.
I think Siobhan will do the best when they have to do different music styles because her voice is so strong and always on key. Crystal is excellent at what she does but she may not do as well at other styles.
The guys are not very good this year. I don't know if I'll even watch tonight.
Reply to: #497242 by hikergirlamy
Mar 10, 2010 8:08am
Thread
I've got in sort of late on this go round, and haven't had the chance to see Siobhan perform, only a minute at the end. I did see Crystal perform, and must admit I was impressed with her performance last night of Tracy Chapman's song. When I first heard her and looked at her, she reminded me of Janis Joplin, in her style of that song. That is probably what Simon was thinking and visioning to procure her for his company and push that strength outward. Janis was a hot commodity back then. I will be watching for when the girls sing once more and check out Siobhan. Conflicting programs (NCIS) make it hard to catch it, tho. Do they ever repeat those shows some where, the internet, or as Oprah does on a later time of day?

Thanks,
OD
Reply to: #497281 by Okie Dog
Mar 10, 2010 9:03am
Thread
You can watch Siobhan's performances here: http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_9/performances/?keywords[]=siobhan+magnus

TG

PS You'll have to copy and paste the entire thing, including her name. AQ doesn't like the link because it has the brackets in it.
Reply to: #497242 by hikergirlamy
Mar 10, 2010 9:11am
Thread
They had some really nice things to say about her over at Entertainment Weekly:
I mean, we haven't even hit Idol's big stage yet, and Simon is already endorsing Crystal on the Tonight Show and telling us tonight that the competition is ''hers to lose''? It's enough to make you wonder if perhaps Mr. Cranky's true goal is to sign Siobhan or Lilly, and that he's cynically hyping Crystal in a stealthy attempt to sabotage her. Actually, that would be one way to explain Simon's inexplicable disdain for Siobhan's ''House of the Rising Sun,'' which — no exaggeration — I'd rate as one of the best pure vocals I've ever heard in an Idol semifinal. I mean, let's get real for a second: Given the fact that Randy Jackson considered Big Mike's James Brown worthy of a standing O last week, how is it possible that all four judges didn't get off their duffs on the basis of Siobhan's achingly gorgeous a capella intro alone? Come to think of it, only Ellen DeGeneres seemed genuinely blown away by the way Siobhan powered through her notes with a melisma-free clarity that's all too rare among Idol's ''big'' vocalists. Me? I could listen to a whole concert's worth of Siobhan's achingly lovely lilt, the way it rises and falls as she loses herself in the lyric, the way her upper register seems to inherently convey an innate sense of angst and pain and loss. If Siobhan's emotional commitment and pitch perfection is ''a bit weird,'' as Simon described it, then I hope more season 9 contestants follow suit.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20312226_20350027_2,00.html
Reply to: #497295 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 10, 2010 9:38am
Thread
Thanks TG. I heard the song Think, by her, but it doesn't have House up yet, on the main site. She has a very good voice from that song, however. So I see what everyone is talking about. Hope she wins for you all.
Thanks again, will be watching.
Oh, I thought Alex lambert was good, as well as Aaron Kelly.
OD
Reply to: #497305 by Okie Dog
Mar 10, 2010 9:51am
Thread
but it doesn't have House up yet, on the main site

Actually, it does....'cause I listened to it. :)

TG
Reply to: #497305 by Okie Dog
Mar 10, 2010 9:54am
Thread
Reply to: #497311 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 10, 2010 11:30am
Thread
Well, I couldn't get that link to work for me, so went to google and found the idol site, maybe that was a cached site, or something from there. Will try again later today.
Thanks.
Reply to: #497351 by Okie Dog
Mar 10, 2010 11:32am
Thread
Well, I couldn't get that link to work for me

Did you copy and paste the entire thing, including her name?? If it still doesn't work, I got that link from the American Idol section of Fox.com. You could try that too.

TG
Reply to: #497352 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 10, 2010 11:52am
Thread
Oh, TG, I'm still screwing around with switching back and forth with my server to FoxFire, cause FF won't do You Tube or anything without dl of Adobe. Don't need two Adobe flash players cause there is one on my server. Its a pain in the rear, but switch back and forth. And yes, I did copy and paste the whole thing with FF, it told me error, that to check my spelling blah, blah, blah. Then went to my server and it wouldn't do it either, for some reason, so googled. Okay, will try out fox.com and see what happens.

Nope, still can't get it. It keeps showing me Think, by her instead, or Crystal's version of Tracy Chapmans song. Crazy! Oh well, maybe after tonight's show it will come up...can only hope. Thanks for all your replies, though.
Reply to: #497358 by Okie Dog
Mar 10, 2010 12:13pm
Thread
Ok, when you get to Crystal's song here, look below the video. You can either click on "Filter this playlist by" and choose Siobhan's name OR scroll through the videos directly below that (Siobhan's is the last one with the American Idol logo rather than a picture of the performer).

Hope that helps!

TG
Reply to: #497364 by Trekkie Gal
Mar 10, 2010 12:48pm
Thread
Oh, good grief, even with that link, it shows that song, then quickly takes me back to Think, instead. So I never hear that song but Think. It wants me to download ITunes, and I don't want to do that. I didn't have to do anything with think, it just started playing the first time.

I'm through messing with it. Very frustrated now, so forget it. Thanks for all your help. Getting off here and finishing up the dinner I am making, now.
byee
Reply to: #497240 by ArchimedesScrew
Mar 11, 2010 1:42pm
Thread
FOX Thu, Mar 11 8:00 PM 4 Finalists Eliminated; Top 12 Revealed.
FOX Tue, Mar 16 8:00 PM Top 12 Perform ---six males and six females---
FOX Wed, Mar 17 9:00 PM 1 of 12 Voted Off Live
FOX Tue, Mar 23 8:00 PM Top 11 Perform Live
FOX Wed, Mar 24 9:00 PM 1 of 11 Voted Off Live

Then you'll have your top ten. Two more weeks of voting hard for her to get her on tour.
Idol - Major SPOILER and RANT
Mar 11, 2010 6:55pm
Thread
I am SERIOUSLY torqued that Alex Lambert went home. America got that WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! His voice is so interesting and I was really looking forward to hearing his take on the themes in the upcoming weeks.

- A Very Pissy Lemon Drop
Re: Idol - Major SPOILER and RANT
Reply to: #497765 by Gryffindors
Mar 11, 2010 7:02pm
Thread
OMG - And Lily too? What was America smoking this week?????? I know - let's vote out two of the most interesting singers.

HMPH!!!!
Mar 11, 2010 8:02pm
Thread
I am mad that Paige didn't go home! America got it wrong for sure. I was not impressed with her at all. Grrrrrrrrr
Reply to: #497777 by Ezmerelda
Mar 11, 2010 8:48pm
Thread
Didn't watch the show, but I did check the list of the top 12 that TV Guide posted. I was happy to see Siobhan made it.

TG
Mar 11, 2010 10:33pm
Thread
Andrew is AMAZING and needs to stay, at least for a while. I don't think he'll make it to the end but he has a different and original voice. Alex is young and might be back again.

But seriously, they got rid of LILY and kept Katie??!! There was NO contest there. Insane, I tell ya. . .

~~Doublesaj~~
Reply to: #497767 by Gryffindors
Mar 11, 2010 10:53pm
Thread
I am sooooo with you there. I can't BELIEVE that Katie or Didi didn't get sent home. Was it the Patsy Cline song?
Don't get it, but even though Andrew hasn't been up to par, I would've been distraught if he was not on the next couple of shows.
~Nite Momith
Survivor.... SPOILER Alert
Mar 12, 2010 3:36am
Thread
Stupid, stupid, stupid! I cannot believe the heroes voted off Tom and kept James with his bum knee (and mean-spirited attitude)! Do they not understand that at this point in the game the most important goal is still to win challenges? Moves like that make me feel that they deserve to keep losing.

I like JT, but he needs to stop kissing everyone's butt and make decisions based on the team and not what is going to win friends. In the end nobody will trust him. He even had an out... when it was suggested to vote out Candice. It was obvious Amanda and Rupert would have bought into that and if JT had tried, he probably could have convinced Tom and Colby to go with that plan too since they basically would have voted for anyone to stay alive themselves.

SpringChick
Reply to: #497802 by Nite Momith
Mar 12, 2010 3:39am
Thread
I thought all the vote-offs last night were fair.

I know they loved Alex and I can see his talent and potential, but his voice is just too nasal for me - I did not enjoy listening to him, and he was kind of painful to watch - he was so nervous. Who knows how long until he loosened up.

I liked Lily, but she was already getting old for me. She's a very stylized singer with a unique voice. I think she's very talented and I enjoyed one song a week from her, but I can't imagine a whole album - she would grate on me also. And, yes, the song hurt her - not because of the song - but because her performance wasn't great. IMO - you can't sing that song with a smile on your face - talk about not feeling the lyrics. It's not a cutesie song.

I couldn't believe her reaction - she must really have an ego. She pretty much dissed all the other remaining contestants by her reaction.

None of the 4 voted off was going to win. Right now it's a race between Crystal, Siobhan, and Big Mike.

I think I'm channeling Simon Cowell here.