Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Region: Southeast

Cleaning Desi's Closet
Board: Region: Southeast
Apr 29, 2017 3:13pm
It's been too long since some of you out-of-staters have crossed the borders into Georgia. I've just listed an event, and WE NEED YOU! It's in North Georgia, so just a short trek for NC and SC. Not so convenient for the rest of the SE states, but you know we are so much fun it will be worth it. Check this out, and get it on your calendar. https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3848
Gulf Shores Meet-Up
Feb 4, 2018 7:37pm
Thread
Interested in a Gulf Shores Meet- Up for February 17th? Please email me.
Re: Gulf Shores Meet-Up
Reply to: #956517 by TeachJR
Feb 5, 2018 12:48pm
Thread
I wish I was in Gulf Shores for a meet-up. Have fun !!!!!
Reply to: #956542 by DS
Feb 5, 2018 2:37pm
Thread
I wish you were here too! It is warm and sunny today.
Reply to: #956517 by TeachJR
Feb 5, 2018 2:38pm
Thread
The event has been listed for Feb. 17th. Hope a few people in the area would like to meet up for exchanges and some table top boxing. Please plant a stamp in Gulf Shores while you are here!
Reply to: #956548 by TeachJR
Feb 5, 2018 2:54pm
Thread
Here is a link to Gulf Shores meet up
Reply to: #956549 by Explorin Orren
Feb 15, 2018 4:50am
Thread
AL, MS, FL, and IL will be represented at this event. What a great opportunity to share ideas from various states and some very creative boxers!
New event idea
Jun 10, 2018 10:50am
Thread
Crossposted from the SC board. Would anyone be interested in something like this?

ZoeMomma and I have an idea. What if we planned a Reunite-Rejuvenate event? We miss all of you, and we miss hanging around at gatherings visiting. But it’s hot, and we don’t really have time to plan a full-on gathering with lots of planted boxes.

Instead we’re thinking about a reunion gathering where we can visit and enjoy our friends. Everyone brings one box—. Anything that has been sitting around for awhile. A box, a retired postal, a lost hitchhiker, anything that needs a new life. Then everyone chooses or randomly draws one to take home and do something with. We all get the stamps, the chance to visit, and some artwork gets a new start.

This would involve air conditioning. :-)

Would anyone be interested in joining in something like that?
Re: New event idea
Reply to: #961051 by GreyCrazy
Jun 10, 2018 5:30pm
Thread
We have been to a few events kind of like this. "Meet and Greet" style events are just like this and the last one we went to had everybody bring a stamp and logbook. They had puzzle clues that the answers would help you unlock the box. We all had fun meeting new friends and catching up with some long time players...
Reply to: #961083 by ST-Ranger
Jun 11, 2018 5:06am
Thread
Thanks for the input! I’ll make sure details get posted here if we decide to do it. :-)

Greycrazy
Reply to: #961106 by GreyCrazy
Jun 11, 2018 11:15am
Thread
I think this sounds like a great idea! Just please space it out from other events so that I can fit it in. hahahaha!
Re: Welcome to the Letterboxing Southeast message board!
Reply to: #362 by Green Tortuga
Jun 21, 2018 3:51am
Thread
if no date conflicts
i would be interested

good idea

Dixie Darlin'
North Carolina
North Alabama Event
Jul 5, 2018 9:36pm
Thread
Just wanted to get the word out that we are hosting a LB event, Mystery on the Singing River, November 3, 2018. Hoping to meet a lot of new boxers & get to know others better. So if you are free, hope to see you there!
Re: North Alabama Event
Reply to: #962103 by All 4 Bama
Jul 6, 2018 12:17pm
Thread
Thanks for the post, I wouldn't have seen it!
Reply to: #962135 by Raven
Jul 7, 2018 8:50am
Thread
Sure! It occurred to me that some people may not scroll through all those events & posting it to a board might help.
Spread tge word if you know any more boxers nearby. We are hoping for a good turn-out & look forward to meeting y'all.
Reply to: #962103 by All 4 Bama
Jul 14, 2018 8:21am
Thread
hello there

just got back from a Motor Maid convention in Montgomery

found my 1st ALABAMA LB on the way down there

hope that i can make your Nov event
will certainly try

Dixie Darlin'
aka Kathy from North Carolina
Reply to: #962441 by dixie darlin
Jul 14, 2018 12:27pm
Thread
Hello!

Hope you can make it! I have been so surprised at all the boxing peeps that are coming from different areas. Looking forward to it. Maybe we will see you there!
Song of Atlanta traveler
Aug 13, 2018 6:11am
Friends in north Georgia, southeast Tennessee, western South Carolina, and western North Carolina:

This Saturday you'll have an opportunity to get the Song of Atlanta traveler (https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=202678). My chorus will be performing a free concert at Unicoi State Park & Lodge (Helen, GA) this Saturday night! Come see me!! Performance etails here: https://www.facebook.com/events/302555413847786/
Carvers wanted!
Aug 13, 2018 7:10am
Would love to have a few more different carves at our Mystery event in November. Variety is the spice of life! If you are interested in loaning/carving a stamp, message me.
Stamps can be anything mystery/unexplained themed. No logbooks or containers required. Will need the stamps by end of September. Stamps can be returned following event.
Glorious day for a ride
Oct 3, 2018 1:55pm
did a little MOTORCYCLE LETTERBOXING
with friend LowLola
today

we went to two locations in Mocksville
(about a 50 mile one way ride)

Thank you JEEPERS

great day

Dixie Darlin'
Taylorsville NC
Where is everybody?
Jan 30, 2019 5:25am
Thread
Yes, yes, we are among the folks who have been out of the letterboxing loop for a while. It seems as though we are ready to get back to it, though, and have our first letterboxing outing for 2019 planned for February. As I am perusing AQ, I am wondering, where, oh where, have the masses gone? The forums are not as active as they used to be, less boxes are being planted, and.... Have I missed something? Are people less active online but still hunting?

I am hoping that some of our dear boxing buddies are still at it and that we will get to catch up with some of you at events this year. Boxing is even better with others. 😃
Re: Where is everybody?
Reply to: #970833 by RDHG
Jan 30, 2019 7:37am
Thread
We have put a few boxes out but there are not really any close enough in our busy life to find.
We are involved in the 2019 Dead Pool PLB. Made two stamps for that.
So yes, we are around.
Reply to: #970841 by J Walkers
Jan 30, 2019 1:47pm
Thread
Hello, J Walkers! It is good to see a familiar name. Yes, life has kept us busy, as well. I am looking forward to getting back to it. 8-D
Jan 30, 2019 1:51pm
Thread
WELCOME BACK!!!!

We missed you! Things are a little slower around here, posting-wise. But it still gets lively at times, and it's still a great (if ever-changing) group of people. Even greater now that you are back!
Reply to: #970859 by wassamatta u
Jan 30, 2019 2:21pm
Thread
Awwwwwwww. That is super sweet of you. Thank you, Wassa! It is good to be back. H and I already have a letterboxing play date set up for next week with one of our old boxing buddies. Actually, it did not even occur to me until just now, but she was the first person to ever invite us to go boxing with her, so it seems apropos that she is the first person with whom we will go boxing as we get back on the trails!
Jan 30, 2019 3:36pm
Thread
Welcome back !!!!
Jan 30, 2019 6:10pm
Thread
Lots and lots of boxes are being planted in NC and other states as some of us are taking on the Challenge. I'm having a lot of fun with it, carving and planting.

Curious about the Challenge? read message: 967575
Reply to: #970869 by DS
Jan 31, 2019 4:04am
Thread
Thank you, DS! Happy 2019! 😁
Reply to: #970872 by airstream dreams
Jan 31, 2019 4:17am
Thread
Oooh, thank you for the note about the challenge and where to find it, airstream dreams. I read it and sent a message to christmas6. 👍
Nightboxing Event in August
Feb 21, 2019 7:25am
Strictly Nightboxing

Thanks for checking it out!