Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Region: Southeast

by Lady BuzzProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Region: Southeast
... Just let us know where that is, and I'm sure you'll have several within a couple of weeks! Welcome to the hobby! You're making a nicely-addicted addition. Mwah-hah-haaa! ;) Lady Buzz
by BrookProfileContactLogbookNote
Lady Buzz- That is easy enough! I work near Peachtree Corners in Georgia. Boxes!!! I want boxes!!! More boxes!!!! I am going out for a day of boxing tomorrow. I am meeting a friend at 9 and we are going to box til we drop. Most of the ones we will go...
I have sooo many ideas for where to put them, now to just come up with clues and stamps. I don;t mind using my store bought stamp for my personal stamp for awhile since it suits me so well, but I absolutely REFUSE to plant a box with a store bought sta...
by Dee and AbbyProfileContactLogbookNote
I am SO GLAD to hear you say that! I am also up in the Cobb / Cherokee area Brook and can't wait for you to plant your boxes!!! Dee
Pleased to meet you, Dee! Perhaps we can go hunting together at some point! Box hunting, carving, creating clues, hiding boxes-so little time-so much to do! Brook
by Lady BuzzProfileContactLogbookNote
... Hey, no problem! I live about 5 miles away from there. Hmmm...another excuse to carve! There will be a one-day only box available in P'tree Corners on Saturday, May 7. Details to follow soon! Mark your calendars, everyone! ;) ~LB
by BOXDNProfileContactLogbookNote
Well Brook the saying has always been "if you plant them they will come". So by planting a box someone will come find it and maybe hide one, then someone else comes to find those two and plant another and so on. Please keep in mind though, Darwinism...
by DebBeeProfileContactLogbookNote
I posted my new signature stamp with my profile last night, if anyone's interested. (I said I'd do it after the gathering, and I finally got to it.) Also, I was pleased to see two boxes I found back in 2003 added to Atlasquest today! DebBee
by Sits N KnitsProfileContactLogbookNote
Oops...started to write, but I hit send too early <blush> I'll try again now ... Did this hitch hiker pass through Gainesville FL? Was it a tiny store bought Santa? I think it might have been the first hitch hiker that I have found! And where is G...
by Cherokee RoseProfileContactLogbookNote
WOW! What a day we had! The weather was beautiful, the company grand. Could'nt have asked for a better letterboxing experience. Thanks everyone! CR
Almost forgot. CONGRATULATIONS JUDITH & SPARKY ON YOU'RE 100th FIND!!!!!! CR
by AmyricaProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes, congrats to Judith and the super-Sparky! We were in the car, heading to find the Lullwater Easter Egg when Shooting T suddenly felt really ill. We turned around and let her sleep it off. She's feeling first rate again and we plan to head that w...
by knit witProfileContactLogbookNote
Cool stamp, DebBee. Now come up to Asheville so I get that stamp in an exchange! ;-) Knit Wit
by She RunsProfileContactLogbookNote
... Yes - we found Santa today in Canton, GA. (Gwinnett Co. is in GA too - just NE of Atlanta.) I believe he'll be moving on soon...!! 123 Family
Yes-Santa was from Florida. He was a little store bought santa and he was replanted yesterday in Canton (north Georgia)Brook
Where did you go, CR? I was out with a friend ALL Day-from 9:30 AM-7:30 PM. Brook
123-you were in the woods with us!!! I didn't replace that stamp in Canton until late yesterday afternoon!!! Brook
Where did you go, CR? I was out with a friend ALL Day-from 9:30 AM-7:30 PM. Judith and I went for some mystery boxs! And they were wonderful. Kicked our you know whats but well worth the long hike! it was a beautiful day with great company! When I lo...
by She RunsProfileContactLogbookNote
... Great weekend for boxing all around. Brook , I'm not sure whether we were there in the woods on the same day, though - we were there Sunday morning. Glad to hear eveyone enjoyed the weather...and ... looking at the 10 day forecast, next weeken...
by KitCatProfileContactLogbookNote
Hey, everyone! It's great to hear that so many people had a wonderful time boxing this past weekend! We had a nice little getaway in Gatlinburg, which was a much needed break. Lovely weather! Unfortunately we had no success boxing around there, though...
by judithandsparkyProfileContactLogbookNote
Pictures for our F100 trip have been loaded on the LbSE board. Thanks to Cherokee Rose and Red's Bunch for a great day!
by knit witProfileContactLogbookNote
Sorry you had bad luck this weekend. Since the Smokies are a Natl. Park, you may be right that the boxes have been confiscated by the Rangers. Technically boxes aren't even supposed to be placed there. I haven't made it over to Gatlinburg yet even tho...
by KitCatProfileContactLogbookNote
So, I have wondered: why are there not more boxes planted in North GA, particularly in the mountains? There are such wonderful hikes up there. . . when I started thinking of planting boxes, I immediately thought of some of our favorite places in North...
If ya'll happen to be in North Florida, stop by the Coffee Culture cafe. And see if you can find a book I left there.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... The NPS has absolutely no jurisdiction over national forests so there's no need to fear the NPS in a national forest. I'm not sure if national forest have an official policy or not or if it might vary from forest to forest, but it's definitely no...
by Penguin PatrolProfileContactLogbookNote
Please contact me via email for address verification so that I may get a PLB (Music of the 1950's) sent your way. Thank you! Liz letterboxer@cox.net
by Eli and AubreyProfileContactLogbookNote
There are not nearly as many letterboxes in the N Ga mountians as there are down here, but there are a decent amount scattered from East to West. Here are all that I know of: An Excellent Adventure (2) Hemlock Falls Moccasin Creek Panther Creek (2)...
Q. why are there not more boxes planted in North GA, particularly in the mountains? A. I too have thought of this. I actually lived in the mountains for a few years and know of several wonderful places. But, I also know the extensive hiks to get to...
by Dee and AbbyProfileContactLogbookNote
OK, I get really excited when Cherokee Rose plants a new box because I love the FF gifts that she makes and her stamps are always nice! So this morning when I saw that she had planted 2 boxes, yesterday... And they're right down the road from my offic...