Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
The message I get is on AQ, telling me that 'mail' has bounced back. Is the bounced mail just the notification (to yahoo) that I have new messages? Or are the actual AQ messages bouncing off to somewhere unknown? I don't have the actual messages for...
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
It would just be the notifications of new AQ mail. That's all you should be getting.
My understanding is that it is somehow a matter of time, before the bounced email notifications stop. So I continue to verify my email each time. Today, sent (4:00am)I have the normal email in yahoo that says “you have new messages . . . “ and in fac...
by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
I've created a short list of contacts (quite awhile ago) and I've noticed that I cannot access the links on those. For example, I wanted to send a message to one of my contacts. I went to the page where they are listed, but when I click on the envelop...
I'm not sure what to tell you. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. I even logged into your account, went to the My Contacts page, and clicked the profile button for every one of your contacts, but all of them worked just fine. Maybe...
Very odd. When I click on the icon, the "read mail" of the person below flickers like crazy. I use Google Chrome. Maybe I'll delete all my contacts and then reload them. Thanks for your input. AW
I tried it in Chrome and saw the weird behavior you described. As far as I can tell, it's a browser bug. There's no reason I can find for the flicker and it appears limited to that browser. Seems like someone would have mentioned it sooner if it had be...
You are amazing. All is well again.
by KatieKatProfileContactLogbookNote
How exactly does one list a bonus box?
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
A bonus box is exactly like a regular traditional box ~ assuming you are putting the bonus clue into a traditional box, or burying the clue in the clue of a traditional box. EX-cept! When you get to the last page of the listing - RESTRICTIONS - and yo...
Thank you Maude.
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
Another tip: You generally don't generally give a clue online for the bonus box, though you can. You may want to list the real clue so that they can find it after they have found the parent box, but they have to make two trips because they usually don...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
The AQ posted "clue" for my bonus boxes usually gives background info on the carve. For example, I have a bonus box with an image of a anime character - if the finder doesn't know who it is, they can read my "clue" (actually, comments) and gain some i...
by airstream dreamsProfileContactLogbookNote
Listing a bonus box is quite complicated in MHO
by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
... I'm confused
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
... Two trips??? What are you talking about? I am boxing. I find a box. I look inside the box and there is a clue for a bonus box. I go find the bonus box, usually somewhere fairly nearby. I go home. I log the parent box. I then am able to see the bo...
... What I meant was that you put the clue online instead of in the box. This will require two trips. Or you could put it both in the parent box and online. They missed it in the field and when they get home they discover a new box that they hadn't...
by dingus dufusProfileContactLogbookNote
... ... And an extra roll of quarters for the box hunter's swear jar at home
I'm still getting duplicate emails, but not every time. I've tried to determine if I can find a pattern to it, but I can't. Sometimes a 'find' report is duplicated, sometimes not. Sometimes a 'reply' to a message I sent is duplicated, sometimes not....
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
This is how I do a Bonus Box. Usually I put the clue in the box with the logbook. It's clearly written in the back of the log book. No real guess work as to where to find it. Either very near-by, a few feet away, or on the way back down the trail at...
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
O_K said... Curious, are you saying I can't know that you've put out a bonus box until I get home and list my finds? My typical boxing day is 200-400 miles round trip before I get home to list finds. That's when I get to see that there's bonus box? As...
Getting home and later finding out there WAS a bonus is disappointing. But I blame it on bicycle Dave whose job is to open the box and hand me the stamp. Since,as he says he has tunnel vision, he often misses the bonus. C'est LA vie!
by phynstarProfileContactLogbookNote
I have default checked under Letterboxes & Searches for my "finds" "plants" "attempts" When doing an advanced search, there are some boxes with a green check showing. It is probably my misunderstanding. Can someone explain?
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
Not a big thing but may be related to a bug in the recent update. When I hit send button in AQ mail it take up to 8 seconds to actually send. This is new as it used to respond in 1-2 seconds. I can live with it but I'm wondering if anyone/everyone i...
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
I have some like that, but figured out that those are series in which I found some of the boxes, but not all of them. Could that be what you're seeing?
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Quote Grrly Girl ... Quote Oberon_Kenobi ... I believe they were saying that listing the clue online is an option. Quote Oberon_Kenobi ... Here, they mention listing the real clue online - so that a finder can see it later after they log the parent bo...
by sojournerProfileContactLogbookNote
...and also with "find" reports.
Thanks for clarifying what I meant. I was specifying some non-standard usages of the clue field of bonus boxes. Personally, with one exception, I taped the clue to the bonus box inside the box. Sometimes it faces in, and sometimes you need to turn o...
by phynstarProfileContactLogbookNote
These are single boxes still alive that I have found. Most are finds, not plants or attempts. Also, listed only on AQ (in case there is that question).
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Here’s the deal. If I miss a bonus box for whatever reason life goes on. If for some reason I am back in that same area I may or may not go back for it. Chances are I don’t back there, don’t get the bonus box and as I said life goes on just fine with...