Apr 17, 2019 8:27am
Thread
Yay! Thanks, you da man.
Missing Stamp
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Apr 25, 2019 1:34pm
Thread
Looking for help....
I received a comment today on one of my frog boxes that my stamp has been replaced with " Instead there is a rather seductive lady in a seashell called Shelley. Had a note in the logbook explaining it was part of Pinups exchange."

I don't know what an exchange is or how to look this up to find the person who might have exchanged my stamp. I would prefer to have my stamp returned to my box. Otherwise I will have to pull my box. Please help!

PuggleMom
Re: Missing Stamp
Reply to: #974579 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 2:11pm
Thread
Maybe a mistake of finding the Shelley pin up box (AQ 130315) in the same area and thinking it was your box?
Reply to: #974583 by cooledcoyote
Apr 25, 2019 2:19pm
Thread
I can’t access the clues for that box. If you forward them to me, I can compare locations.
Reply to: #974584 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 2:30pm
Thread
You have to belong to the pin ups group. I sent the clues in mail, box was planted in 2012
Reply to: #974585 by cooledcoyote
Apr 25, 2019 3:03pm
Thread
Thank you for the help. It looks like I accidentally placed my box too close to someone else and will need to remove it.
Reply to: #974584 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
clue sent
Tech help?
Apr 27, 2019 11:21am
Thread
The last couple of days I have been doing a search for boxes in Ft. Worth (and Fort Worth) TX, and when I click on the clues for some of the boxes I wanted to look for, I get this message:
“Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/letterboxing/public_html/includes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 81
Too many connections”
I thought the problem might be my mobile device, so I tried on a laptop and then a regular computer, and got the same message each time. I tried googling the message but I don’t understand why only some of the boxes (only certain planters) have too many connections. Any suggestions on how to find the clues?
Re: Tech help?
Reply to: #974670 by Yaateeh
Apr 27, 2019 12:22pm
Thread
Letterboxing.org has been down for the last couple of days--are the clues you're searching for on there?
Reply to: #974671 by Wronghat
Apr 27, 2019 1:06pm
Thread
Yes, that’s it - thanks for solving my clue mystery :-)
I was just clicking on “View Clue”, not noticing or reading the URL.
Reply to: #974671 by Wronghat
Apr 27, 2019 3:00pm
Thread
Letterboxing.org has been down for the last couple of days--are the clues you're searching for on there?

Remember that the "View Cache" button will show you a cached version of remotely-hosted clues.... which can be very useful during times when the remotely-hosted clue isn't available.

-- Ryan
Re: Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Reply to: #973454 by Topcollector
Apr 27, 2019 4:03pm
Thread
There's no way to tell if they are traditional or LTCs, they're all mixed, so there's really no way to have a total count of finds for each kind of box/find.

'Twas a bug--the box type option wasn't showing for unlisted finds/attempts. It's fixed now!

-- Ryan
Re: Unsuccessfully trying to record finds on older boxes
Reply to: #974679 by Green Tortuga
Apr 27, 2019 4:22pm
Thread
Thanks.
Reply to: #974675 by Green Tortuga
Apr 27, 2019 4:55pm
Thread
Remember that the "View Cache" button will show you a cached version of remotely-hosted clues.... which can be very useful during times when the remotely-hosted clue isn't available.

Oh, I did not know that. Thank you!
Reply to: #974590 by SherlockMiles
Apr 28, 2019 8:45am
Thread
My Frog Prince has disappeared, I retired the box. I planted it to close to Shelly anyways.

Please tell shellys owner that the logbook is wet. I added another zip lock but the box is cracked.

PuggleMom
planter's choice
Apr 28, 2019 8:44pm
Thread
What does "Planter's Choice" mean? I'm assuming the owner planted the box in a place that is special to them, and they want to share it - but I'm not sure.
Re: planter's choice
Reply to: #974709 by A Okay
Apr 28, 2019 9:20pm
Thread
I'm assuming the owner planted the box in a place that is special to them, and they want to share it - but I'm not sure.

That's basically it in a nutshell, but for future reference, most icons like that you can click and it'll take you to a help page with a description about what the icon means.

-- Ryan
Apr 28, 2019 9:36pm
Thread
True, but sometimes I use that icon because the stamp I am planting is one of my own favorite carves....for me, it's not always about the location😊
Reply to: #974712 by Gypsy Fiddler
Apr 29, 2019 7:33am
Thread
Thanks for the help.
Reply to: #974719 by A Okay
Apr 29, 2019 10:25am
Thread
Adding to Gypsy Fiddler's comment, I have a Nintendo series which I marked as Planter's Choice. Besides some of the carves being a bit different, the inner boxes, logbooks, and pouches are all Nintendo themed, as is the clue. I think it took me about half a year from inception to completion.

To me, a Planter's Choice would be a box that the planter is especially pleased or proud to present to the boxing community - what they would consider one of their best plants :)
Reply to: #974724 by JampersandJ
Apr 29, 2019 7:22pm
Thread
Wow, how creative and diligent. I'm impressed, and excited about the possibilities for letterboxing. Thanks for the input.
Apr 29, 2019 7:35pm
Thread
What does "Planter's Choice" mean?

I made my crappiest letterbox "Planter's Choice" because I don't think anyone will look for it otherwise.
Reply to: #974724 by JampersandJ
Apr 29, 2019 9:04pm
Thread
And your efforts were appreciated.

K
First venture as a planter!
May 5, 2019 11:00am
Thread
Hello,

Our girl scout troop just planted a series of 3 letterboxes. We wrote a little story to tie it all together, along with clues for each box.

Can someone please take a look and make sure that it all makes sense and was done correctly? Here it is: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=305279

Thanks!
Re: First venture as a planter!
Reply to: #974872 by karenk
May 5, 2019 11:31am
Thread
That is so cool! I was happy to learn that I’m in good company as a former Girl Scout too. I only wish I were in Maryland to find these boxes.
Nicely done 🤠
Reply to: #974875 by BinoBoxer
May 5, 2019 11:39am
Thread
Thank you!
May 5, 2019 4:10pm
Thread
What a wonderful story!! I run the letterboxing program for Girl Scouts of Connecticut and love to see such efforts by fellow scouts. I hope I can stop by and find these when I'm down that way later this year. My only concern in reading the clues is the directions take you through two campsites - that might be problematic if someone was camping there. Is there a way to get to the boxes without disturbing campers?

Lowland Lass
Reply to: #974887 by Lowland Lass
May 5, 2019 5:41pm
Thread
Great point! It’s been empty the few times we were there, but I added a caveat about not disturbing any campers they might see. It’s possible to find the boxes without going directly through the campsites.
May 6, 2019 5:21am
Thread
As girl scouts we love finding girl scout boxes.
You must be LBB with the strange names. I was an adult with my daughters troop before I knew there we two.

Love the story. What fun! Wish we were closer so we could find.

Happy boxing and scouting!
finds
May 6, 2019 7:48pm
Thread
why do I often get this when I try to look at my logbook?
"Sorry, this member has not recorded finding any such boxes"
why does the "go" button popup then disappear? frustrating.