A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Board: Letterboxing Help Desk

Re: Help me locate Carver
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #974057 by JulieinMichigan
Apr 11, 2019 11:00pm
Thread
Yes, it's me! And I believe I sent you my full set of six stamps. I'm very excited to get an update on your planting! Thanks for putting them out there!🤗
Recording unlisted box
Apr 12, 2019 6:50am
Thread
I've listed many unlisted boxes over the years and know how to. I'm trying to list LBNA 51819 and there is not a button that says 'Record Finding' only a 'Save' button. I press 'save' and it doesn't. I don't know where it goes but not in my logbook.
I've tried recording from previous finders listings w/o success.
I've tried listing from bottom of AQ home page 'Record Finding' Nothing is working.
I'm a premium member so that is not the issue. What is going on?
Re: Recording unlisted box
Reply to: #974076 by Sagacorn
Apr 12, 2019 6:55am
Thread
Did you look in your Unlisted Finds logbook, Sagacorn? That's now split off from AQ finds.
Reply to: #974078 by Rocklun
Apr 12, 2019 7:18am
Thread
Of course; I forgot about the. (head slap)... I still prefer the old way where everything was in order of how I found.
Reply to: #974076 by Sagacorn
Apr 12, 2019 9:08am
Thread
I just tried this:
Letterboxes drop-down menu
Record Find
at Look Up Letterbox
type in the letterbox name where it says name
get the message (in red) No matches found
below that is where it says Unlisted Letterboxes
there I find "create a new entry"
click on "create a new entry" to be taken to "Record Unlisted Find"

I expect you should see the same things I see.
Are you not seeing what I see?

GG
Reply to: #974085 by Grrly Girl
Apr 12, 2019 10:11am
Thread
Yes I know the procedure BUT I forgot that Unlisted Finds are not AT THE END of our logbooks. Thanks for the explanation tho GG.
Favorite boards
Apr 13, 2019 5:13pm
Thread
How do you choose and delete favorite boards?
Re: Favorite boards
Reply to: #974122 by Topcollector
Apr 13, 2019 5:38pm
Thread
Go to the "Boards" heading and hover your pointer finger over it and a drop down menu appears. Pick "Browse Boards" and click on it. Look to the far right under heading "Actions" and there will be red hearts. To add click on the heart with green plus sign and it will be added. To delete click on heart with red X and it will be removed.
Reply to: #974127 by Elle
Apr 13, 2019 6:09pm
Thread
Thanks. I was trying manage groups.
Reply to: #974127 by Elle
Apr 13, 2019 6:17pm
Thread
Further question--I notice there are a lot of boards that I see on my newest threads widget, but that aren't favorites. How do I know which ones will show up and which ones won't? I thought I would only see my favorites.
Reply to: #974129 by Topcollector
Apr 13, 2019 6:28pm
Thread
You can choose to ignore board for the ones you don't want to show. I've ignored the Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition board, for example.
Reply to: #974130 by Wronghat
Apr 13, 2019 8:34pm
Thread
Thanks. What's the purpose of the 'favorites'?
Reply to: #974129 by Topcollector
Apr 14, 2019 11:51pm
Thread
I notice there are a lot of boards that I see on my newest threads widget, but that aren't favorites. How do I know which ones will show up and which ones won't? I thought I would only see my favorites.

The only widget that shows posts from just your favorite boards is the "Favorite Boards" widget. The "newest threads" and "newest posts" widget will show posts from all boards--unless you ignored them. (If they shows only newest threads and posts from your favorite boards, it would be the "Newest Threads of Favorite Boards" widget or something like that.)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #974169 by Green Tortuga
Apr 15, 2019 5:54am
Thread
Thank you.
Boxes on a route?
Apr 16, 2019 4:49pm
Thread
Can someone advise me or point me to a tutorial on how to bring up boxes on a specific route?
Re: Boxes on a route?
Reply to: #974248 by Puddledunk
Apr 16, 2019 5:14pm
Thread
Check out Trip planner after going to Toolbox on the toolbar at the top of this page.
Apr 16, 2019 5:57pm
Thread
If it is a specific highway, you can go to simple search and use the trip search.
Apr 16, 2019 8:14pm
Thread
The easiest way for me has always been to do searches of the towns I will be passing through or near. You can expand the miles out from the town. Or not. This had always worked well for me. I’ve never cared for the trip planner. But that’s just me.
Apr 17, 2019 5:20am
Thread
Go to the Trip Planner under the Toolbox pulldown menu. There are dozens of pre-defined routes available, mostly along major roads. If you want to create your own you can. I just recently created a trip from Arlington, Tx to Newport, RI for a road trip this summer. After inputting the start and end points and a trip name you can add features and adjust the route on a map that comes up of your route. After it looks the way you want save the route. AQ chews on it for a while and then you have a route! After that you can search for letterboxes along the route (within 5 miles of the route is the default). I take the search results and download them to my GPS as a .gpx file but that is a whole 'nother tutorial.
Re: Spoiler tags?
Reply to: #969267 by Green Tortuga
Apr 17, 2019 8:02am
Thread
I'll get around to fixing the other pages... eventually. =)

Done!

-- Ryan
Re: Spoiler tags?
Reply to: #974270 by Green Tortuga
Apr 17, 2019 8:27am
Thread
Yay! Thanks, you da man.
Missing Stamp
Apr 25, 2019 1:34pm
Thread
Looking for help....
I received a comment today on one of my frog boxes that my stamp has been replaced with " Instead there is a rather seductive lady in a seashell called Shelley. Had a note in the logbook explaining it was part of Pinups exchange."

I don't know what an exchange is or how to look this up to find the person who might have exchanged my stamp. I would prefer to have my stamp returned to my box. Otherwise I will have to pull my box. Please help!

PuggleMom
Re: Missing Stamp
Reply to: #974579 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 2:11pm
Thread
Maybe a mistake of finding the Shelley pin up box (AQ 130315) in the same area and thinking it was your box?
Reply to: #974583 by cooledcoyote
Apr 25, 2019 2:19pm
Thread
I can’t access the clues for that box. If you forward them to me, I can compare locations.
Reply to: #974584 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 2:30pm
Thread
You have to belong to the pin ups group. I sent the clues in mail, box was planted in 2012
Reply to: #974585 by cooledcoyote
Apr 25, 2019 3:03pm
Thread
Thank you for the help. It looks like I accidentally placed my box too close to someone else and will need to remove it.
Reply to: #974584 by PuggleMom
Apr 25, 2019 3:20pm
Thread
clue sent
Tech help?
Apr 27, 2019 11:21am
Thread
The last couple of days I have been doing a search for boxes in Ft. Worth (and Fort Worth) TX, and when I click on the clues for some of the boxes I wanted to look for, I get this message:
“Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/letterboxing/public_html/includes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 81
Too many connections”
I thought the problem might be my mobile device, so I tried on a laptop and then a regular computer, and got the same message each time. I tried googling the message but I don’t understand why only some of the boxes (only certain planters) have too many connections. Any suggestions on how to find the clues?
Re: Tech help?
Reply to: #974670 by Yaateeh
Apr 27, 2019 12:22pm
Thread
Letterboxing.org has been down for the last couple of days--are the clues you're searching for on there?
Re: Tech help?
Reply to: #974671 by Wronghat
Apr 27, 2019 1:06pm
Thread
Yes, that’s it - thanks for solving my clue mystery :-)
I was just clicking on “View Clue”, not noticing or reading the URL.